Sex and the City Movie *Update* The Movie Sequel in the Works

I liked the movie, but I don't necessarily see a need to make another movie. I thought the way it ended was fine, not everything has to be tied up and have a happy ending.

I liked the movie, but I don't necessarily see a need to make another movie.

$$$$$$$$$ - it's Hollywood...

More up-to-date news... all contracts have yet to be signed:

(Jan. 22) -- The smash success of the first 'Sex and the City' movie made it pretty obvious that if Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda would agree to make a sequel, it was a no-brainer. It seems exactly that has happened.

Us Weekly is reporting
that 'Sex' starlets Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon are "on board" for the 'SATC' sequel, but notes that "not all the contracts are signed" just yet.
A 'Sex' source tells Us that everyone coming together to agree on the sequel "just happened."

According to the source, there are some serious pay raises coming to the key players thanks to the first movie's widespread success. That's likely a factor contributing to the sequel being agreed upon, as Kim Cattrall reportedly held out on the original because she wasn't being paid as much as Parker.

Source: http://www.popeater.com/movies/arti...l/314327?icid=200100397x1217087951x1201120731

i'm sorry but kim needs to get over this jealousy she has for sjp. i don't understand why she would think she would get the same pay as her when she's not the main character? sure she's the most outlandish and over-the-top but she needs to recognized that she's supporting. kim's career was doa before satc, she needs to be more grateful. sorry for my rant...:angry::lol:

i hope pat fields doesn't return because if confessions of a shopaholic is any indication of her styling phase right now, the outfits will be a whoppin hot mess.

i'm sorry but kim needs to get over this jealousy she has for sjp. i don't understand why she would think she would get the same pay as her when she's not the main character? sure she's the most outlandish and over-the-top but she needs to recognized that she's supporting. kim's career was doa before satc, she needs to be more grateful. sorry for my rant...:angry::lol:

i hope pat fields doesn't return because if confessions of a shopaholic is any indication of her styling phase right now, the outfits will be a whoppin hot mess.

Kim should get the pay raise, God knows people are not watching satc solely for SJP. I do agree about the styling. God, Fields needs to go.

Kim should get the pay raise, God knows people are not watching satc solely for SJP. I do agree about the styling. God, Fields needs to go.

Oh I'm not debating that Kim shouldn't get a raise, they all should, but to get the same amount as the main star is ridiculous. :innocent:

Sex and the City Sequel: What We Won't Be Seeing!
Los Angeles (E! Online) – A script for the Sex and the City sequel isn't even written yet, but one thing that we probably won't be witnessing again is something as dramatic as Carrie being left at the altar.
"In the last movie, I thought [the fans] wanted to see an epic and violently tragic love story, and drama, but I don't think you go to that candy store twice," the film's writer and director, Michael Patrick King, said last night during a Writers Guild panel discussion in L.A. "You can't try to do what you did already, so you come up with a different tone that you like."
While all four leading ladies—Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon—have agreed to return, it's still unclear whether Jennifer Hudson will do the same.
The Oscar winner joined the cast to play Louise, Carrie's assistant, who marries and moves back to her native hometown of St. Louis.
King revealed that he had to fight for Hudson: "It was originally supposed to be Isla Fisher, but I didn't agree with that at all."
Why? Because diversity in Sex and the City, King explained, was long overdue.
"It can't be called Sex and the City without a little color—it's just wrong," he said to applause. "Women are very nice when they figure out who I am. And the only negative comment I ever got about the series was every now and then, some woman of color—whether it'd be Latina or an African-American—they'd stop and say, 'Where are the sisters?' in my ear, and I was like, 'Yeah, where are they?' "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090130/en_top_eo/81608

thank you for that!! to be honest i would have preferred Isla Fisher to Jennifer Hudson, I just don't think Hudson is a good actress or a good fit for that role.. she just seemed so out of place there, and just too forced, like they were forcing the stereotype. They could have put another African American actress, it was just soo odd to see Hudson and SJP on screen together, definitely did not work.

thank you for that!! to be honest i would have preferred Isla Fisher to Jennifer Hudson, I just don't think Hudson is a good actress or a good fit for that role.. she just seemed so out of place there, and just too forced, like they were forcing the stereotype. They could have put another African American actress, it was just soo odd to see Hudson and SJP on screen together, definitely did not work.

I totally agree!
Jennifer Hudson is soo not "sex and the city" type :rolleyes:

I read some spoilers on FadedYouth Blog about the sequel.
One was a biggie so I won't mention it here but the other said Sam is having to deal downsizing her fabulous life after loosing money in investments. Guess they learned from Shopaholic that people can't stomach so much excess in these bad times.

Sam is having to deal downsizing her fabulous life after loosing money in investments./QUOTE]

That sounds interesting and unexpected, though I think it would've been more dramatic to see that happen to Charlotte since she's been the park avenue princess throughout the whole series. But they'll probably have some adoption dramas with Lily for her.

^^ Hmm, somehow I doubt seeing Carrie reunite with someone else... That would be a bit of a drastic change, I think. ^_^

I don't.

I don't want to see Sam with anyone. Her character is all about being single and fabulous and living it up without being tied to a man.

Sex and the City 2 - The movie

I hope I can start a new thread for the 2nd Sex and the City movie. :woot:

Saw this while perusing fashionista.com:

Victoria Beckham has started taking acting lessons after landing a cameo role in the new Sex And The City movie, according to a report.

The 35-year-old singer is believed to have been approached to play a fashionista in the new film when shooting begins next month.

Posh has previously revealed that she was offered a part in the first movie - but turned it down because filming clashed with rehearsals for the Spice Girls reunion tour.

A source told The Mail On Sunday: "She really wanted to be in the last movie but wasn't able to take part because of her commitments with the Spice Girls. This time she's keen to take part."
digitalspy.com

Does anyone have more information on it? :flower:

im really hoping to see a reunion between carrie and aidan.

I would hate to see Aidan back in the picture. I've been watching reruns recently and I can't take him.. the way he talks, like he's the smoothest person on earth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->