The H&M Thread #4

i tried on an 80$ oversized sweater from the paris collection. it shed like crazy and was leaving lumps of angora on the ground.

i was not impressed by the other stuff.

H&M Divided Red navy 'striped' sweater. It's kinda pricey for the piece of shi(r)t it is but if someone else buys it for me i won't complain too much :lol:

ugh the H&M website drives me bonkers! it's hit or miss on them actually having the select items i like in-store on the website/online.

H&m sweater.JPG
my snap

Me too, I can't resist to peek once in a while, but everytime I'm disappointed with the quality and how thin the garments are.

yeah I agree. They have pretty pieces and sometimes I actually buy a shirt. But everytime I am so disappointed with the quality. It tears so fast!

I've bought quite a few pieces from H&M over the past few months and I'm very disappointed with their quality too. I guess I was just expecting too much. The experiences I've had with H&M in the past were (mostly) fine for the price, but recently not anymore. Admittedly the quality can vary, but their sweaters are just awful. I'm lucky enough to have a seamstress who did a great job on the sweaters (some worn only once!) and at a very reasonable price, but still. :doh: Now I think twice before actually buying something.

I've bought quite a few pieces from H&M over the past few months and I'm very disappointed with their quality too. I guess I was just expecting too much. The experiences I've had with H&M in the past were (mostly) fine for the price, but recently not anymore. Admittedly the quality can vary, but their sweaters are just awful. I'm lucky enough to have a seamstress who did a great job on the sweaters (some worn only once!) and at a very reasonable price, but still. :doh: Now I think twice before actually buying something.

very few of their sweaters will keep you warm. most of them are made from acrylic and other artificial fibers. i dont see how anyone can expect any of H&M's $14.95 sweaters to be warm.

very few of their sweaters will keep you warm. most of them are made from acrylic and other artificial fibers. i dont see how anyone can expect any of H&M's $14.95 sweaters to be warm.
I'm perfectly aware of that and I try to avoid acryl and similar fabrics (or at least high percentage of them) whenever possible, because most synthetic fabrics cause me to be extremely uncomfortable. On the other hand I find few types of wool very itchy too, so I have to search for nice blends. But that's not what I had in mind anyway. I was talking about poor stitching, pilling and lint balls.

I had quite good experiences with H&M is the past months. I got two cashmere cardigans, they are a bit thin, but I find the quality very good - no pilling at all. I also got a Trend wool sweater on sale (from last year's collection) which also has great quality and didn't change its shape at all. Same thing for a acrylic/cotton sweater and most of the t-sh*ts.
However, in the summer I got a grey cotton t-shirt which is now 2 sizes smaller and a push-up bra which looks like it's 5 years old, but overall I'm happy with the quality. I guess it's also a matter of luck - some pieces have good quality, some don't, some are awful.

I just bought a cashmere scarf and two wool cardigans, all in very good quality. I don't know what you guys are complaining about, don't buy cotton and acrylic sweaters and expect them to keep you warm then? Those are the only things I've bought from H&M this season, quite happy about it. I paid less than £40 for it all because I got it on sale.

hmprod
hmprod
hmprod

hm.com

^ I've got the same scarf and it's fantastic. SO soft and the quality is amazing (especially for the price) ^_^

I really wanted that scarf, but unfortunately we didn't get it here.

I love your cardigans, Ida! They both look very nice. :heart:

i just got the scarf too, but they only had black left online, so i went with that. it was surprisingly large, very soft and cozy. i'm not fooling myself into thinking that it'll last for ever and ever, but until it breaks down or i lose it, it should do well with keeping me warm.

Im looking for 60s style overknee, probably suede, boots form ss 2014, anyone saw them in store yet?

They came in black and beige

I bought a pair of skinny jeans about a month ago, but I have to handwash them because they leak color. Anyone else had the same problem? I just want to know if this ever stops or will I have to wash them separetly forever. :smile:

Im looking for 60s style overknee, probably suede, boots form ss 2014, anyone saw them in store yet?

They came in black and beige

I can see them on ebay, along with a few other items (search H&M Spring collection) like the denim tunic with the tassles..I never saw them in the stores in London must have sold out quickly!

I got a great pair of the suede leggings, they are really comfy, good quality and quite a decent price as well!

did anyone get anything from the conscious exclusive collection?

i bought the navy gown for $299 that is a Dior imitation. it runs small. i am a true size 4 and bought the size 6.

some of the other items like the lace off the shoulder white top didn't fit well at all. the white lace babydoll looked good but not $250 good. and both items would require an additional person to zip me up. not cool.

i didn't like much apart from the bracelets, the shose are okay as well..it's also for sale on yoox.com if anyone wondered :smile:

what do you guys think about this dress?
hmprod
hmprod

(hm.com)
I am looking for long sleeve dresses...

what do you guys think about this dress?
I am looking for long sleeve dresses...

I think it's nice :smile: It's pretty hard to find nice, casual dress with long sleeves. Is it Trend section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->