The H&M Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh great, now I have a luxury problem, since I don't know whether to line up at the Bahnhofstr. 71 or Bahnhofstr. 92 store

Are those the one near Jelmoli and the one near PKZ?Or the one that carries Divided near BodyShop? :flower:

^you are so lucky! no H&M nearby me that will carry Lanvin. And you got 2!

anyone here from canada? we have three stores carrying lanvin in toronto and i dont know which well be least busy. eaton centre, bloor st, or yorkdale mall?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those the one near Jelmoli and the one near PKZ?Or the one that carries Divided near BodyShop? :flower:
Yes, exactly! 71 is the one between Big and Jelmoli/Zara and 92 is the one next to Feldpausch. I just found out I have an appointment at 8.30 the morning of the launch :angry: Will have to reschedule that one, hehe.

anyone here from canada? we have three stores carrying lanvin in toronto and i dont know which well be least busy. eaton centre, bloor st, or yorkdale mall?

Yeah, I'm thinking about the same thing. Quite honestly, I don't think there will be that many people since most of the people I know haven't even heard of this. I'm just going to the location closest to me.

i think its still going to be busy tiansofine. its usually a group of people or internet savvy people who go to these things. i went to the comme des garcon one and it was packed.

Since everybody is gettinag all excited I have to ask... how and when are you going to wear these "Lanvin" clothes. I just can't figure out what to do with the collection should I be lucky enough to get my hands on it.

I'm getting a tee, the lipsticks, the sunnies and perhaps a skirt. But I have no idea where or when I'd wear one of the dresses.

Since everybody is gettinag all excited I have to ask... how and when are you going to wear these "Lanvin" clothes. I just can't figure out what to do with the collection should I be lucky enough to get my hands on it.

my thoughts exactly....

I was pretty excited about the Lanvin-collab till I saw the pieces online. I don't have occasions to wear those dresses (which are beautiful on their own), and the more wearable pieces in the collection didn't impress me that much.

From my past experiences with HM designer-collabs, I learned that half of the people queueing on the first day were there with a commercial aim. With the Comme des Garconne-collab, pieces were put on ebay just 1 hour after the shops opened on the first day..... :glare::glare:

I want the sunglasses and two of the lipsticks, and I'm eyeing one skirt and one dress.

6100_SL_091
6100_SL_090
6100_SL_067
6100_SL_031
6100_SL_015

hm.com

And I'm actually quite interested in the coats too :lol:.

Okay then, you guys are probably right.
What day does it start in Canada? And if everything good sells out really quickly, do you think they'll restock any time soon?

I was reading through my blogs and saw these..

5151505894_3182b1cd2a_b.jpg

5155711961_0d8123dedb_b.jpg

the dresses look really cute but I'm not really a fan of the threads hanging at the bottom of the dresses.. I figure if you're going to spend that much on a dress it should at least look a little more polished :/

http://www.theblondesalad.com

my plan was to wear a selection for a New Years eve party. purple metallic shoes, blue blazer and pants, long bib shirt, and bow tie. Now since I am not going to the Nov. 20th launch because I have something to do for my Voice and Diction class...decided to go with +J wool flannel suit in navy from last year and either Lanvin f/w 09 high boots or Duckie Brown Patriots.

the dresses look really cute but I'm not really a fan of the threads hanging at the bottom of the dresses.. I figure if you're going to spend that much on a dress it should at least look a little more polished :/

Mainline Lanvin is finished like that and it costs hundreds more than these. It's Lanvin's signature deconstructed finishing. Not really very Lanvin-esque to not have it.

I was reading through my blogs and saw these..

http://www.theblondesalad.com

the dresses look like something Carrie Bradshaw would wear.....especially the pink one.

i just can't help but thinking how cheap these pieces look...:doh:
i've said this also in the other thread...in all these recent years i've seen better lanvin copy-cat...
btw...they've refused to lend clothes to celebrity but they gave them to bloggers...:huh:

I really want the orangey dress to wear to a fancy meal with my boyfriend and his family. I can't afford to go back home to London so I'm going to have to hope for the best online. I assume the pieces are online from 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->