The Interior Decor Thread! #2

adorefaith

i'm almost ready..
Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

Bought and found a few cool things for my new place today..:heart: (yep, i've moved yet again. :innocent:)

Antlers...found and washed it and it looks like this now..

wild sheep horns..

Old crate.. also found.. :woot:

bought these ceramic milk cartons..couldn't resist..:heart: i don't know if they're supposed to hold milk/cream but i'm going to use them as vases i think..

Last edited by a moderator:
^I think they would be vases, and they are so clever and cute. I really like the pieces you've chosen.

I was given tons of nick knacks when I was little and loved them, they filled my room but now I hate them. I love minimalism, simple, soft and clean. Sort of Pottery Barn type minimalism though. Jill Stuart house and the photos Party Vixen posted are a dream for me. Not sure how that would work with small children but it's lovely.

I had bright purple walls and a neon green,yellow and pink bedspread and Disney posters when I was 8. Loved it! ^_^

Great stuff adorefaith - Im in the process of moving so when we've settled in I'll have reason to go interior shopping :D

^Thanks hanne. Sounds great...i love your taste..please share pics when you have time.. and happy moving :woot:

I love this kid's room. Very simplel and beautiful
source:houseandhome.com

Attachments

• jo.PNG
    jo.PNG
    220.5 KB · Views: 18
Jalouse April '10 - Vanessa Traina's West Village Apartment

dayzebook

This chair! :heart:
wckc3b.png

Cropped image from same source

^ it's certainly interesting. the vegetarian in me hopes that they aren't real antlers.

^I'd say they probably are :wink:... but deer and elk shed their antlers.. so the vegetarian in you doesn't really need to worry, they (most likely) aren't being harmed for them..:flower:

Yeah, I've always had the vague understanding that antlers were naturally shed but I've never actually looked into it. I just googled it and it does seem that most antlers used for commercial/decorative purpose really do shed naturally, because to amputate the horns without killing the animal is a really risky procedure that requires a lot of skill and effort, and it takes about a year for the antlers to grow to full size anyway, at which point they fall off naturally.

adorefaith i love your buys... so amazing! i'm always ebaying for antlers (haha, this sounds so strange) but i never have much luck. how much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks june! :heart: do you mean the antlers or the sheep horns? the antlers i found, actually. i live in an area with lots of deer and elk....and they naturally shed. i just cleaned them up a bit. the wild sheep horns i bought.. they were on sale for $9 each and i bought 3. :flower:

you are so lucky in both cases, adorefaith! great great great finds.

tumblrkyzrnasfwf1qam6yl.jpg

this website is humorous and has some great interiors: unhappyhipsters.com

^^That fireplace is amazing! And thanks so much for introducing us to that site, some great inspiration, and always hilarious captions!

Loved these:

tumblrl0je7va08a1qam6yl.jpg

The humans thought the pillow was a suitable response to her seasonal affective disorder. Gladys was not amused.

The ceiling. :o

tumblrl01lsieepf1qam6yl.jpg

His lessons in telekinesis were paying off, though he was still a little clumsy. From the stairs he lowered the dining room light, but just missed the tulips he so despised.

(Source: unhappyhipsters.com)

my first time posting in this thread :flower::D

love the whole white + wood combination of this house :heart: my ideal place.

fitzhugh5.jpg
fitzhugh3.jpg

fitzhugh9.jpg
fitzhugh10.jpg

fitzhugh7.jpg

seesawdesigns

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse