The MAC Makeup Thread #2

loonaka

Reaction score
Moderator's Note:
In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
Please stay on topic!
Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
The old thread can be found here.

Something that I find a bit weird happened to me. I haven't used my MAC eye shadows in a while now after I bought my Sleek palettes, but I went to Korea and at the tax free I went to the MAC section because I love looking at all the different colors to see if I want anything^^ haha. And I found two eyeshadows that I bought..and I really loved them and used them when I was in Korea. So today I thought I would put them with my other MAC shadows, I have all my MACs in a separate box. Anyway I saw that one of the colors I bought at the taxfree looked a lot like one of the shadows I already had in my box and I checked and it was the exact same :rofl: I really can't believe it, but I guess I really love that color...^^
It's called Pink Venus Lustre A 39^^

my picture

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thats such a gorgeous colour though! omg its kind of like the shimmery pink/peachy colour on the sleek storm palette i think...its such a versatile colour!

That's a lovely colour!
I really wanted that peachy blush too... i think it's called ripe peach? Will have to go to the mac counter someday and see if they have any left..

Yeah I really like it too, but I usually never wear it^^ well that might have something to do with the fact that I've bought like 20 eyeshadow palettes recently, but let's not talk about that..:buzz:

wow loonaka that is A LOT of eyeshadow!! is it mostly mac and sleek that you got? i am heading to mac this lunch time to look for this eyeshadow btw, i realised its even more gorgeous than i realised once i looked at the image under bright sunlight!

wow loonaka that is A LOT of eyeshadow!! is it mostly mac and sleek that you got? i am heading to mac this lunch time to look for this eyeshadow btw, i realised its even more gorgeous than i realised once i looked at the image under bright sunlight!
Yeah...I think so, but then I have alot of random shadows too. But when I first started to buy MAC eyeshadows I couldn't stop. I love that they have so many different colors:rolleyes::woot:

I am waiting for my Summer Rose Beauty Powder to arrive to the MAC stores in HK!

Anyone have both Blushbaby and Pink Swoon blush?? I want to compare the two.. I love Blushbaby but from what I've seen on people, Pink Swoon looks like a subtle rosy glow, which is what I love. TIA!

About 9 months ago my Aunty bought me a MAC blush from New York, it was part of the mineralize collection called 'Love Rock' I absolutely adore it, it's really pink, which is good for my colouring, but shimmery because of the minerals too. Has anyone seen this colour in the UK? It's almost run out now and I need to replace but I can't find it anywhere :-( not even on ebay. Or can anyone recommend another bright pink blush?

I really need some new MAC make up so think I'm going to get my make up done next weekend before I go out and use the £25 redeeming money on some new products. What is dollymix blush like?

Their new Liberty of London line looks awesome.

I just ordered the make up bag, petals & peacocks lipstick and birds&berries eyeshadow.

Can't wait. :3

a984mel - I believe Love Rock looks like the Two Virtues MSF from the current Too Fabulous collection. :smile:

I can't pull off corals bu I want Ripe Peach!

omg i didnt know about the Liberty line..it seems like Liberty is in a collaboration frenzy!
im a bit confused though, i can see the Liberty pieces on the US website but when I go to UK i cant see it? It just seems a bit odd?

a984mel - I believe Love Rock looks like the Two Virtues MSF from the current Too Fabulous collection. :smile:

I can't pull off corals bu I want Ripe Peach!

thank you! Just checked out that colour on the website, the pink looks the same, but love rock had shimmery nude colours blended in rather than purple. I may have to take what I have left of my love rock and compare....may get the dollymix if not. Though i do love the shimmer of the mineralize....

What's the difference between 213 and 239 (eye shadow brushes)? I have 213, but I am considering buying the 239. When I look at them both at the MAC booth in my city, I think they're pretty similar. But what do you think? Is it worth it to buy a 239 when I have a 213?

^ For personal use I think you could get away with just the 213. It also depends what you are using the brush for.. Is it for applying colour to the lid or is it for blending?

I'm using it for applying colour to the lid. I use the 217 for blending. But cool, I'll keep the 213... And thanks :smile:

^ Good choice with the 217 for blending, I was going to recommend it if thats what you were looking for :flower:

why isnt mac doing any of the icon collections anymore? its been ages since theyve done one...

has anyone bought the cindi lauper viva glam lipstick? how does it look with just one sheer application?

hey guys I want to ask about Pink Swoon blush
I've been told before that it is the perfect blush to get that rosey cheeks look..but the girl working in MAC told me that Pink Swoon would be too drastic/too much for everyday use. and she suggested other bronze/peachy blushes which I HATED.
although when I tried Pink Swoon it actually looked soft..:/
does any of you use it for mornings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->