The New Look (Apple TV+)

I'm sorry, I don't know how to say this in a way that doesn't come across as disrespectful because it's not my intention to be disrespectful, but wasn't Christian Dior supposed to be fat?

As an occasionally fat person myself, where is the fat? We want the fat!

The soundtrack will also be produced by Jack Antonoff and feature Lana Del Rey, Florence Welch, Beabadoobee and others!!
Pitchfork Link

I'm sorry, I don't know how to say this in a way that doesn't come across as disrespectful because it's not my intention to be disrespectful, but wasn't Christian Dior supposed to be fat?

As an occasionally fat person myself, where is the fat? We want the fat!
He wasn't notably fat, but he had a substantial second chin to him for much of his life. He was actually a very "normal" looking person, nothing out of the ordinary or distinct as say Yves or even Cristobal. As handsome and compelling as Ben is, the casting choice is bit of a stretch.

Can't wait for this. As for Dior, I've seen some photos of him when he was a bit younger and he looked less heavy-set than the kind of rotund version of him I think we've all seen.

What I find more intriguing, though, is how Apple will depict Chanel's.... activities, during the war.

I think they'll definitely presented in opposition of Catherine Dior's activities.

I remember reading the announcement for the series when it was released... if they haven't changed directions, I think there were plans to also portray other designers such as Pierre Cardin, Yves Saint Laurent, and Givenchy.

2024 looks like a year for fashion content! This, Balenciaga and Kaiser Karl sometime in the future.

The official trailer:

There are so many new shows competing for our attention these days. Often more than one new show of interest released on the very same day. It takes something special to not skip it all together or give up after an episode or two and move on to something new. Hope this delivers on the promise of its premise and cast.

Yassified Christian Dior aside, I'm so excited for this new series, even though I would have preferred a proper Christian Dior biographical series o movie and not this being more focused in the Dior vs Chanel rivalry.

He is such a big figure, it just feels weird that he doesn't have a biopic, his life was so dramatic. But I will watch this for sure. Can't wait!

I think they'll definitely presented in opposition of Catherine Dior's activities.
i assume you meant coco? catherine was a member of the resistance.

anyway, that aside, this looks horrible.

No, I meant... they'll present Coco's actions in opposition to what Catherine Dior's activities, as a member of the resistance.

Maisie is promoting it in her UK Bazaar interview and in the ed she is wearing Dior only. Is it sponsored by the brand? They did books, they did exhibitions, is it turn of movies now to brainwash lemmings?

Maisie is promoting it in her UK Bazaar interview and in the ed she is wearing Dior only. Is it sponsored by the brand? They did books, they did exhibitions, is it turn of movies now to brainwash lemmings?
I don't think Dior sponsored the show (but I'm sure they "assisted" with their archives). The creator of the show also created Damages. I doubt he was sought out and hired by Dior (much less Chanel) to create this show. I think if Dior, the brand, actually influenced the show they wouldn't have looked at Ben Mendelsohn and thought "ah, yes... now THERE'S Christian Dior!!!"

Looks absolutely ridiculous and i'm sure it will be revisionist and feminist, and destined to the dust bin of entertainment history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odel2233
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->