The Last TV Show You Saw?

Succession to see what the fuss was about, ended up binge-watching the whole entire series within about two/three weeks and thought it was brilliant. Slow in places but well worth a watch.

Silo
with Rebecca Ferguson on Apple TV+. The first season just ended yesterday and I'd give it 10/10, thrilled to read online it has been given a second season.

The Real Housewives of Atlanta, which remains a guilty pleasure to this very day. :heart:

Deutschland 86, I really liked the '83 edition I can't believe it took me eight years to watch the sequel (ok mostly because I didn't know it existed!). Mainly watching it for the aesthetics, that 80s East Germany style is so interesting to me and so are the clothes. Lenora's outfits remain tops <3 (also funny how so many 2010s shows are set in that specific year - D83, Stranger Things and The Americans)

started on King the Land which is cheesier than a whole cheese factory but quite enjoyable and better at fleshing out supporting characters than most kdrama romcoms. The episodes are still way too long though and I am so not interested in the male and female leads' childhood trauma issues (a predictable and boring trope that doesn't need to take time away from the actually quite charming adult leads)

Rewatching The Bold Type from the start! :wub: Also watching American Born Chinese! :flower:

I've just finished watching the third season of American Crime Story, which focuses on the relationship between Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky. Absolutely a 10/10, and cannot believe it has taken me this long to start watching. So perfectly cast and so perfectly executed.

The 1999 VMAs (with commercials) on YT. They interviewed dear Britney, whose only words were “like” and “um”, and “like” and “um.” As Britney does…

After, YT suggested an old VH1 Fashion Awards from the 90s, where they introduced fashions from Versace (!), Mugler (!), Gucci (!), Prada (!), Dolce & Gabbana (!), and Ann Demeulemeester. Guess which one got no applause.

Full Circle - Had me gripped from the first episode, and I cleared my Saturday evening to catch the finale episodes! Very well done, despite the storyline being overplayed. The Guyana storyline is interesting and something different to the 'America, the promised land' trope that we're constantly being fed. But the Zazie Beetz character was so annoying.

Succession ~ I’m only up to S2 but I kinda don’t get the fuss because all the characters are so horrible.
Reservation Dogs ~ wonderful.
Somebody Somewhere ~ great binge.
And Just Like That ~ finally Aiden is back.
The Twilight Zone ~ shows from the 50/60s are kinda fascinating.

The Chosen
Arnold
Muscles & Mayhem: An Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators
Depp v. Heard
The Makanai: Cooking for the Make House

Last edited:
Yellowjackets was so much fun. Can't wait for more!

RuPaul's Drag Race, season 3. Everything about this show was so cheap-looking back then, but still fantastic!

I've been refreshing my memory with some old episodes from The Crown since the final season is out next month. There's this one where Churchill is at a hospital writing a speech (S1E4) and.. this is driving me nuts, it's the Great Smog of 1952 so why do these papers look like something you quickly put together on Pages? lol
docs1.jpgdoc2.jpg
[my screenshots]

Shouldn't they look more like this?
doc3.jpg

Anyway.... back to see what else I can be petty about. :grinningwsweat:

"Naked Attraction", a British dating show featuring all naked people. Soooo much shaven genitalia across the pond. :thinking:

Great British Bake Off (season finale :cry:)
Brawn: The Impossible Formula 1 Story

Been watching Brit Marling + Zal Batmanglij's new show, A Murder At The End Of The World, and I'm completely hooked. It's one of those shows where they let you think you're clever guessing the mystery, only to immediately address whatever it was and leave you feeling foolish for imagining you'd solved it so quickly. Anyway, I love it and it is completely gorgeous to look at. Waiting a week for each new episode is torture. Haven't seen Clive Owen in anything in so long, great to see him back onscreen. Entire cast is excellent.

Mullet, have you glanced this?

Apparently, there was an army of Japanese historians to advise during production and filming, so that every ceremonial garb, every posture, every gesture and every single move, in the royal rituals and the combat choreography were as true to the period as possible. And as if all that weren't heavenly enough, it also stars Cosmo Jarvis…

Last edited:
My Demon, looks like it's my year for cheesy kdramas. Male lead is godawful at acting but the female lead isn't/can actually carry it and they have decent chemistry. Both are gorgeous people as is the custom with kdramas.

I just want a fun lowbrow watch with good costumes and it's giving me just that from her end with some high-end feminine CEO styling. Some very questionable 'attempted avant-garde' styling on the guy though, including a blazer that looks like it's been hacked in half to show the shirt underneath but is really just a white portion of the blazer?

Mullet, have you glanced this?

Apparently, there was an army of Japanese historians to advise during production and filming, so that every ceremonial garb, every posture, every gesture and every single move, in the royal rituals and the combat choreography were as true to the period as possible. And as if all that weren't heavenly enough, it also stars Cosmo Jarvis…

I had not! that looks stunning, costumes and cinematography.. 🖤

I'll 100% watch it! I find Japanese history hard because, for whatever reason, I can't retain a good level of interest, so I probably need something easy on the eye and for entertainment purposes to ignite curiosity.

... I've been watching The Gilded Age and suffering through every episode. That's one slow, vanilla show. I can't believe Cynthia Nixon agreed to do it. The character of Meryl Streep's daughter is also pretty obnoxious (and thankless from day one). Thought this would ignite my interest in the history of New York and not proud to report it remains the exact same, if not a little worse (a bridge is built! an opera house! the oh-so-ruthless 'class' system between people who arrived by ship in 1694 as opposed to, say, 1721, fascinating..).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonb199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->