The Last TV Show You Saw?

^I am thoroughly enjoying it in all its shonky-special-effects glory though the remaster inadvertently exposes that. Also amazing just how cheesy so many of the dialogue and storylines are but the cast saves it, like if anyone but Sarah Michelle Gellar was delivering some of those lines it would be pure CW-level cringe, I wish she had more recognition and opportunities after this but she's doing great now.

Just made my way through seasons 1, 2, 3, the special, and half of 4 of Sherlock (BBC, 2010) over the last week, for the first time since 2014-17.

God I'd forgotten just how good this show was, yes it has its weak spots and the later seasons are merely good, not brilliant like the early episodes, but that's the result of setting your own bar so insanely high - it fully deserved its hype in the early 2010s even if the large and certifiable insane fandom tended to obscure that. That theme tune alone pulls me back to 2010-12 in a way that no other piece of music can.

Also, this being TFS, I watched it with an extra eye to the clothes - not just Sherlock's famous coat, but the bystanders' outfits and just how styles have changed in the years since, it's interesting to see it from that pov (also appreciated the visuals more than ever, having come off a few generic-looking streaming series on whatever was the service of choice - Sherlock looks positively luxurious in contrast despite being 5+ years older than most).

MH370: The Plane That Disappeared (Netflix). Just started it and can feel the obsession slowly crawling back!. When this happened in 2014, my boyfriend at the time would spend hours reading all the conspiracy theories, I was glued to the news the first days but then it got so difficult that I blocked it out and concluded this just plunged into the Indian Ocean due to engine failure. Now that I'm actually seeing it with all the necessary visuals and the victims' relatives and the discrepancies... so far, in the back of my head: these people are alive, they landed somewhere, why go through all the effort just to not land? no, this isn't Germanwings Flight 9525..

The Terminal List ~ violent & ultimately pointless.
The Guilded Age ~ a wonderful binge. Highly recommended.
Upright ~ Aussie show with heart.
The Outlaws ~ bloody terrific. Highly recommended.
Law & Order : Criminal Intent ~ love a rerun.

finished Sherlock the Saturday before last, because I couldn't really remember The Final Problem too well but remembered hating it and didn't want to finish my rewatch on a sour note

It was......bad. Too much repetitive locked-room stuff, not enough actual Sherlock/John/Mycroft screen time, FAR too much of the crazy sister just talking, and I wish we dropped the whole 'Mary is perfect and omnisicent' thing already, that finale montage was good but could have done without the voiceover. First time I've ever been bored during an episode of Sherlock, but gave me a new appreciation for Cumberbatch and his ability to elevate even absolute rubbish into being not a complete waste.

Succession.

Matthew Macfadyen this season.. that's range, he can go from so outrageously crass ('Bridget random f*ck? s she from the apps?' :tearsofjoy:, 'she's wolfing all the canapés like a famished warthog' 'bit of a drug-addled c**k monster' :inclouds:) to making you feel sooo sad (that separation scene at the end..), and I still see Mr. Darcy here and there.

The new season is off to a great start. A bit sad knowing this is the final season, but too often shows outstay their welcome. I'd rather they go out at their peak.

Sense8, my comfort show I've rewatched it so much

Succession.

Matthew Macfadyen this season.. that's range, he can go from so outrageously crass ('Bridget random f*ck? s she from the apps?' :tearsofjoy:, 'she's wolfing all the canapés like a famished warthog' 'bit of a drug-addled c**k monster' :inclouds:) to making you feel sooo sad (that separation scene at the end..), and I still see Mr. Darcy here and there.

I liked the what's in her Burberry bag lines..."flat shoes for the subway" or "a lunch pail"

Sarah Snook and Mcfadyen were both perfect in the last scene

^ I know, I’ve had these ‘quiet’ separations, their acting was so good it really got to me for a sec!

Wonder how long Succession LA will last because.. I’m into it! looks glorious! I don’t know where in CA that Pierce mansion is supposed to be (not LA cause they took a flight?) but the dry landscapes, that feel-good Frankenthaler in the living room, the hallways of that house, Naomi’s 1997 vibe, the ridiculously bright shots contrasted with NY’s darkness.. :drooling:

I figured from the flight sequence & additional driving, it'd at least be somewhere in Napa Valley but the internet has identified the mansion in Santa Barbara. Of course these kids would burn all that jet fuel just to travel that distance :rofllaughing:.

The greatest show of all time .
I love Spike but Team Angel all the way :heartexclamation::heartexclamation:
I would follow David Borenaz to the end of the earth

He was hot with all his brooding charm, I'll admit that. But I'm Team Spike forever!! God, I loved him. They broke my heart near the end of season 6 with that bathroom scene, my most hated moment in all of the series.

Succession or... what the hell was that. :mellow::censored:

The Brits sure know how to do tragedy. It was so well done I found myself doing what I do in my own life: enter total denial lmao. Until the body was out, I seriously thought it was some sick game to fck with his kids. :persevering:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bastianvek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->