The Last TV Show You Saw?

I'm rewatching "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on HBO. It's a show I've always watched here + there in the past, and always enjoyed, but for whatever reason, I never watched it consistently from week-to-week. I don't think I'd like it much if that foul-mouthed Susie wasn't in the show.

Obsessing over the fantasy prequels that are thriving at the moment; The Rings of Power and House of Dragon which are both quite excellent. Never been a big fan of LOTR, but I'm rather enjoying the new show, you can clearly see where that big budget went. Magnificent visuals! House of Dragon reminded me of why I was interested in GoT to begin with. Excellent show, albeit slightly fast paced. Will truly miss Milly Alcock after today's episode. She really was the star of the show for me! But I have high hopes for the remainder of this season, as the show keeps getting better with each episode.

I'm also keeping up with the new season of The Handmaid's Tale. The first two episodes were very promising, the second one put me through an emotional wringer and that last scene with the funeral... incredible. Yvonne and Elisabeth keep carrying that show on their backs. Outstanding performances!

Also contemplating getting back into the world of reality TV, haven't seen anything past season 6 or 7 of RHOBH. Feel like I need that sort of entertainment back in my life lol

Also contemplating getting back into the world of reality TV, haven't seen anything past season 6 or 7 of RHOBH. Feel like I need that sort of entertainment back in my life lol

I highly recommend season 11 of RHOBH

House of Dragon reminded me of why I was interested in GoT to begin with. Excellent show, albeit slightly fast paced. Will truly miss Milly Alcock after today's episode. She really was the star of the show for me! But I have high hopes for the remainder of this season, as the show keeps getting better with each episode.

Agree with everything-the pace is an adjustment compared to GoT, where some stories seemed to drag endlessly.

Milly Alcock was terrific. I wonder if they're regretting the switch in actors

Friday Night Lights ~ I never watched it in the 2000s & my life is a million miles away from football playing teenagers in small town Texas but it is a great show.
One gets really invested in the characters & their stories. Highly recommended.
The Chapelle Show ~ outrageously funny / not for the PC minded.
Gilmore Girl ~ reruns. What can I say?!

I'm living in the 2000s :D

Clayton Bigsby is comedy gold! There’s so much material on that show that wouldn’t fare well on TV these days, but it’s still fantastic.

Just watched the last two episodes of Euphoria ~ it is some bat s***t crazy tv. I’m not sure whether I like this series or not ~ it makes one feel so dirty watching it but Zendya is great ~ I think her character is the only one I care about. But it does make me grateful that I was a teenager in the 70/80’s when afternoon tv shows where for teens about teens. :wink:

Also watched Below Deck ~ awesome trash tv :-p

Friday Night Lights ~ I never watched it in the 2000s & my life is a million miles away from football playing teenagers in small town Texas but it is a great show.
One gets really invested in the characters & their stories. Highly recommended.
Gilmore Girl ~ reruns. What can I say?!

I'm living in the 2000s :D

FNL is one of those shows that I almost don't want to re-watch out of fear that I won't like it as much as I did when it aired. I used to really like Gilmore Girls, but it hasn't held up over time as much, to me. I think Lorelai and post-high school Rory are insufferable

I’m rewatching the early seasons of SATC, where the fashions looked realistic, and not an advertisement for the best of Barney’s & Bergdorf’s.

I remember thinking how fabulous her apartment was, but now seeing she smoked indoors, I think her apartment probably stinks more than anything. :sick:

Unsolved Mysteries Season 3 is out today so guess who dropped everything so I could watch/get nervous for no reason/pollute my brain with reddit sleuthing.

^ but also..... WHERE ARE THE SHORTS??!

I need the physics side of this. I know people always end up in underwear upon impact or high speed but she was pretty much.. squashed?. All of the theories go back to how the parents are in denial but, are they? what about the car beams spotted in the camera? what was the fight about? who did she fight with? has anyone looked for the shorts from the distance where the train finally came to a full stop to where the impact took place? assuming they got tangled on something, why was it just the shorts and not the underwear too?.

No it's true! The episode just made it all so much more confusing. While netflix left out a lot like the CPS stuff and etc, what they did show really contradicted a suicide. Her shorts were never found? At all? Not even remnants? It's a train not an atomic bomb. I mean the fam was still picking up significant bone fragments like her jaw after the csi finished up. And did she get in someone's car? I saw a new path the investigators claim she walked and it doesn't involve the road her shoes were found on. All in all, what a sh*tty investigation. More questions have been raised than answers. It's possible it's a suicide but there's really no clear conclusion.

Sanditon - finally finished S2 & it took 6 months. It’s certainly enjoyable but it’s not great. Just a time filler which is a shame.
Erma Vep - E1 ~ not too bad ~ so we’ll see.

Mare of Easttown which I thought was fantastic from the get-go. I have since started to watch Line of Duty but cannot get into it, but will persevere because everyone keeps informing me the more recent seasons are far better.

No it's true! The episode just made it all so much more confusing. While netflix left out a lot like the CPS stuff and etc, what they did show really contradicted a suicide. Her shorts were never found? At all? Not even remnants? It's a train not an atomic bomb. I mean the fam was still picking up significant bone fragments like her jaw after the csi finished up. And did she get in someone's car? I saw a new path the investigators claim she walked and it doesn't involve the road her shoes were found on. All in all, what a sh*tty investigation. More questions have been raised than answers. It's possible it's a suicide but there's really no clear conclusion.
:rofl:

I've been so busy/lifeless that I forgot about Unsolved Mysteries and am trying to catch up and maybe I'm saturated but: is it me or does this season just suck? I was looking forward to REAL mysteries where nothing makes sense. UFOs are not a mystery, yes, they're there and they DO NOT want to be our friends, we still have hair on our eyelids, inside our noses, we sweat/smell/pee/poop, have wars like savages.. they're grossed out by us, they visit us because I bet they don't have a huge catalog of exotic places to drive to but we're as fascinating as watching rhinos mate in Africa all day, it gets old. Also, ghosts? really? that's not scary because it's not true. I didn't even watch the episode of the cops (?) watching stuff while on duty, of course they see creepy s*it, it's called sleep deprivation.

/rant.

I feel like I should work in the production of that show, two words: Richey Edwards. Where the hell is this man?. I have been googling him every 2 years since like 2004 hoping for a development, just give me something, Netflix! :lol:

Last edited:
I haven't been able to catch up on it either, still only seen the first three eps. But I've heard from my friends too that this season has been a real flop.

One thing I periodically come back to tho is thinking about that girl Tammy in the third ep like ... is she really out there living with a whole new identity, with a new man and he got no idea who she is? Creepy!!! Can you imagine lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->