The Last TV Show You Saw?

Succession or... what the hell was that. :mellow::censored:

The Brits sure know how to do tragedy. It was so well done I found myself doing what I do in my own life: enter total denial lmao. Until the body was out, I seriously thought it was some sick game to fck with his kids. :persevering:
Sameee. Damn. And all the immediate scrambling to move on. Capitalism takes no prisoners

Also can we talk about Connor :loudlycrying: first of all the LOONEY CAKE. But most of all being left out in EVERY which way, then having to hear "dad was on a plane to Sweden" and his response "he didn't even like me". His character is sooooooo tragic. This show is too Fing good :loudlycrying::loudlycrying::loudlycrying:

I know.. I seriously thought he would commit suicide in the last episode. He has a lot and yet.. so little, like just a girlfriend who would never give him the time of day if he wasn't rich.

I'm just in awe at how they orchestrated this 'death by phone' scene and not showing what is actually happening or what even happened. Kind of keeps the viewers with a knot in their stomach till the very end when you finally see they're.. not kidding and it DID actually happen. :saluting:

eta: lol my mom just texted me 'just made breakfast, ready to see this episode, Connor's wedding right?'... yup, bon appétit... :womouth::inclouds:

I know.. I seriously thought he would commit suicide in the last episode. He has a lot and yet.. so little, like just a girlfriend who would never give him the time of day if he wasn't rich.

I'm just in awe at how they orchestrated this 'death by phone' scene and not showing what is actually happening or what even happened. Kind of keeps the viewers with a knot in their stomach till the very end when you finally see they're.. not kidding and it DID actually happen. :saluting:

eta: lol my mom just texted me 'just made breakfast, ready to see this episode, Connor's wedding right?'... yup, bon appétit... :womouth::inclouds:

I thought their empty wedding was kinda nice, especially after Willa was all 'yes the money and security is nice but I am happy'

Matthew Macfadyen was amazing again this episode. His is such a self-interested, weaselly character, it's a credit to him as an actor that Tom comes across as so sensitive and compassionate in the episode. The siblings will (rightfully) get the attention, but all of the Waystar actors were great.

So impressive nowadays that nothing was leaked prior to the episode airing

Mid-season trailer and cast/crew discussion of ep 3

So interesting how they shot the whole sequence once they got the call. A 28 page scene! And I can't stop thinking about it like they did such a good job with the direction of this season. Doing this so abruptly in the beginning of the season basically off camera with only the communication through the telephone is so much like how it can be in real life! So sudden and unexpected leaving you shocked, confused, wondering what's going on, is this for real? I physically can NOT wait to see how this unfolds.

Shrinking-- it veers a little too sitcom-y, but it's funny. Even Harrison Ford was good... normally he seems like he just shows up in things for the check and hates the entire experience :lol:

Even Harrison Ford was good... normally he seems like he just shows up in things for the check and hates the entire experience :lol:

Like his brief appearance in Sasha Baron Cohen’s “Bruno”. Yeah, you could easily tell he hated ALL of it.

I just finished “Beef” with Ali Wong & Steven Yeun. When he was killed off on TWD, I wasn’t crazy about it, but seeing him do bigger and better roles than that dumb show, I’m very happy.

Hot (??) take: last night’s Succession episode was better than the one last week. I hate Greg so much though I will lose it if he walks away with so much as a penny.

Hot (??) take: last night’s Succession episode was better than the one last week. I hate Greg so much though I will lose it if he walks away with so much as a penny.
He will not! he did some late night show where he made it sound like the viewers will be disappointed with the finale.. which may or may not be true but it makes me think that he wouldn't say that if his character had a favorable outcome :lol:..

I've been seeing these fan theories that Kendall is going to drown, and that Roman may be responsible because.. Romulus and Remus. I feel like I may be ruining this for myself because that's the only acceptable outcome for me at this point lol. Kendall has such a weird effect because I feel like every viewer rejoices in seeing every one of his attempts flop but 'bad' Kendall is also.. hot? (that last scene I was like 'ok.. he's back :alien:'). Anyway, he really needs to die imo. I also think Shiv needs to be redeemed big time..

Also I have such a soft spot for Roman :pleading: he is such an ***hole but I feel like deep down he is a real sweetheart

Man they don't call her Shiv for nothing!

She totally worked over her brothers, though I guess that's not saying much. It's going to be fun watching her screw with Tom over the next few episodes. Him at the table with the Swedes was one of the most cringe things I've seen on tv in a while

I tried to watch The Coronation but instead flicked to a Law & Order rerun.
Ted Lasso S2 E3 :smilingwhearteyes:
The Old Man :yawning:
Sleepy Hollow:smilingwhearteyes:

I've been watching Yellowjackets. It's dumb in a million different ways but what I can't get over is young Shauna and her huge puppy-fat cheeks... like at least make her look grayer or something lol, all these girls are supposed to be well into starvation psychosis while looking and moving around exactly the same as normal people! :judge:

A Small Light -- I love that they're doing a series about Miep Gies and how she helped the Franks but I don't like they added characters and events to bring drama (their own disclaimer). This dark period didn't need more drama. But I'm passionate about Anne Frank so 10/10.

I realllly hope Succession doesn't pull a Game of Thrones and ruin everything with its finale

^ Seriously was waiting for him to drown in the Caribbean, in the middle of the night and right after coronation like a fool lol.

I sided with him for a second when Shiv changed her mind. I was like.. why now?!.. 'what about last night and sibling time!?'.. and told my mom 'family comes first' and my mom (who is team Shiv all the way lol) was like 'THAT IS HER FAMILY!' (Tom and the baby) . But yeah when he denied the car accident, and when I rewatched that scene where he's hugging Roman and intentionally presses his face enough so the stitches reopen, I was like ok, f*ck this guy. None of them has hustled as hard as Tom. At the beginning of the series (which is supposed to be 2 years ago?) Shiv is in politics, Roman doing whatever in LA and the other guy is fresh out of rehab. They'll be fine, and will likely go back to what they do best: be inexplicably wealthy, a bit of work-looking stuff here and there but mostly lounge around and be chronically unhappy.

Can't stand Greg but I gasped when he slapped Tom and just laughed that he was fighting but looking like :flushed::pleading: the entire time haha!

The Idol ... but anyways.. Abel in the club with those sunglasses, I thought he was Law Roach :tearsofjoy:

image.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonb199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->