UK Vogue March 2015 : Gisele Bündchen by Mario Testino

catherine88

Reaction score
GISELE BUNDCHEN covers the March 2015 issue of Vogue, marking her fourteenth appearance. Shot by Mario Testino and styled by Lucinda Chambers, Bündchen sports sun-kissed skin, distressed beachy waves, and military green Chanel.

Inside, Bündchen gave Vogue insight into her life as the world's highest-paid supermodel, as well as her other major role - that of mother to Benjamin and Vivian and stepmother to John.

"I'm very nurturing, I come from a large family and my parents were loving. But the most important thing for me as a mum is to keep my word," she said. "When I say no, I mean no. I always say they have all the time in the world to sit there saying, 'I want it, I want it,' but they are smart, and if I give in to them they know they can get away with it."

As for her husband, Tom Brady, she told Vogue: "I knew Tom was the one straightaway. I could see it in his eyes that he was a man with integrity who believes in the same things I do."

She also shed light on how she looks at fame, the dividing line between work and home life, and what would be her dream set-up.

"I'm a model as a job, I'm Gisele, the daughter of Valdir and Vania, I'm a woman, I am a model. When I go home and shut the door, that's it. If I want to expose something, it should be my choice," she explained. "My earliest memory was going to my grandma's house, milking the cows and collecting the eggs from the chickens. If I could choose, I'd be bare feet, with animals all around me and living in a tree house. Like Tarzan and Jane, that's my dream. I'm at my happiest around nature."

33cy8mb.jpg

vogue.co.uk

Happy to see her back on the cover, but how underwhelming, where is the Fashion? Why are all of these UK March covers so pedestrian!!!

Happy to see her back on the cover, but how underwhelming, where is the Fashion? Why are all of these UK March covers so pedestrian!!!

Would've been nicer if they shot a vintage McQueen piece for this cover, to tie in with the expo? I'm quite weary of Gisele paired with Chanel. The image isn't bad, but the cropping is unnecessary.

I feel live we've seen this picture a million times. You book Gisele and this is the best you can do?! :angry:

Would've been nicer if they shot a vintage McQueen piece for this cover, to tie in with the expo? I'm quite weary of Gisele paired with Chanel. The image isn't bad, but the cropping is unnecessary.
That would have really been wonderful, shame they never think outside the box though. This is her being used in such a safe way, and it might sell, but the woman can do so much more than always being portrayed this way!

It's not thinking outside the box, it's about contracts.

"Want Gisele? Well she has to wear Chanel on the cover because they paid for the first X advertinising Pages"....

That's how it works. Exactly like the Conde Nast/Louis Vuitton paring last September.

^ Well she could still wear Chanel, and they could have done the whole concept better!

It's fresh. The mast head isn't red. It's not Cara. I'm happy.

The problem I have with Vogue UK is that I always have the feeling I already saw their covers.
When I look at this one I'm like "well ok, it's Gisele".
Nothing fresh, it's deja vu.

What a bad angle. She even looks quite bald. You have Gisele and this is the best you can do? Ugh

It's a decent cover but it's not powerful for a March issue. It's better for an April/May issue. And yes, the covers looks like her previous work (Elle Brazil, Vogue Brazil)

I definitely miss the old Vogue UK covers (and some contents). I know there hasn't been any drastic changes, but somehow I feel that something's changed; like it feels so uninspired and disconnected. I know they always played it safe but before you can see some effort but now.. meh

If this is the best they can do with Gisele in Chanel, their office must have been not very fun at all.

Review - 424 Pages.

Command & Control
Model: Sasha Pivovarova
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Jane How
12 Photos

Force Field
Cover Star: Gisele Bundchen
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
9 Photos + Interview

New Nomad
Model: Saskia de Brauw
Photographer: Juergen Teller
Stylist: Jane How
15 Photos

Love Story
Model: Edie Campbell
Photographer: Josh Olins
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
12 Photos

Dark Angel/McQueen Feature
Models: Aya Jonaes, Xiao Wen Ju, Harleth Kuusik, Yumi Lambert & Nastya Sten
Photographer: Tim Walker
Stylist: Kate Phelan
9 Photos

The Misfits
Models: Olympia Campbell, Adrienne Juliger, Moya Palk, Helena Severin & Madison Stubbington
Photographer: Harley Weir
Stylist: Francesca Burns
11 Photos

Shut up! When was the last time Juergen shot for Vogue UK? 2003? Excited to see his ed with Saskia!

That is a promising sounding review, thanks for posting it vogue28.

The cover is awfully boring but I guess that's just the way people want to see Gisele.

Anyway, the review got me excited. This must be the best Vogue UK issue in over a year. Can't wait to see the McQueen ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->