Vogue Paris April 2013 : Isabeli Fontana by Mario Testino

I'm astonished that a shot of Kate Moss wasn't used for the cover. The first close-up shot would have made a fantastic cover, I think. But as I mentioned before, the picturesque landscape behind Isabeli is fascinating, so I'm not complaining about that. Just stunned Emmanuelle favoured Isabeli over Kate.

I must admit that the previews seem very exciting. Although I'm not motivated over the clothes or abilities of the Vogue Paris editors.. I'm more interested to see what Peru has to offer. I do hope that as more of the content surfaces, we are treated to a wonderful insight.

If she had done that, the whole tfs would be in here bashing her for picking always the same model :lol:

Lord, Isabeli's editorial is serving some RuPaul Drag Race realness.

There is nothing modern or edgy about the main editorial, I've said it here again, but I'm Peruvian and there is so much more to the country than just Inca temples, colorful hats, rock structures etc. There is a whole gastronomical culture flourishing in Lima especially and a growing fashion-concious population. I really hope the other editorials aren't styled so terribly/stereotypically. What would really be amazing if they actually had interviews or shoots with Peruvian designers/photographers/health workers/organization founders, and discussed some aspects of modern Peru. I may be getting out of had as we have only seen one editorial, I'm just really crossing my fingers to see variety from what is given to us here. And Kate should truly have been on the cover. I think I had my hopes too high up for the main editorial and cover of this issue.

The thing with these city/country-themed shoots is that they almost always have a stereotypical point of view. I've seen it done with American-themed shoots that feature models waving American flags as though that's all we do here. At the same time I think that if you have an issue dedicated to Peru and you don't feature the most glorious aspect of the country's geography then it's a total loss. They had to feature Incan culture and Machu Picchu because people would've been disappointed if they didn't.

Im glad they went for the steriotype. I wouldnt want a Vogue US kind of editorial where the model has a wig and poses in different buildings with different people with a fake smile looking at nowhere.
This may be bad but at least we can enjoy the beautiful landscapes and some heritage.

It's time to take younger girls.
... I'm not a generational kind of guys, but play the game ... They are timeless girls, and it's good to have them once in a while, and then they are young girls that need a chance, too, that could totally fit some of these themes...

Peru.... TESTINO, ALLO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im glad they went for the steriotype. I wouldnt want a Vogue US kind of editorial where the model has a wig and poses in different buildings with different people with a fake smile looking at nowhere.
This may be bad but at least we can enjoy the beautiful landscapes and some heritage.

Yeah, no. At least Vogue US makes some sort of vague attempt to actually show us more about a culture and a country in their editorials. This editorial is, again, lazy as hell.

'TEMPO D'ACIER'
Ph: Giampaolo Sgura
Styling: Claire Dhelens

giampaolosgura.com

Review:

"Tempo d'Acier" (8 pg)
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Model: ?

"Temps de Pause" (4 pg)
Photographer: Damien Blottière
Stylist: Célia Azoulay
Model: ?

"Miss Vogue: Aux Portes de Cuzco" (10 p)
Photographer: Claudia Kmoepfel & Stefan Indlekofer
Stylist: Véronique Didry
Model: Kasia Struss

"Inca" (26 pg)
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Models: Isabeli Fontana & Aymeline Valade

"L'Etoile de Lima" (22 pg)
Stylist: Sarajane Hoare
Model: Kate Moss

"Les Lignes de Nazca" (16 pg)
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
Model: Erin Wasson

"Trésor National" (4 pg)
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Model: Juana Burga Cervera

review by me

There is nothing modern or edgy about the main editorial, I've said it here again, but I'm Peruvian and there is so much more to the country than just Inca temples, colorful hats, rock structures etc. There is a whole gastronomical culture flourishing in Lima especially and a growing fashion-concious population. I really hope the other editorials aren't styled so terribly/stereotypically. What would really be amazing if they actually had interviews or shoots with Peruvian designers/photographers/health workers/organization founders, and discussed some aspects of modern Peru. I may be getting out of had as we have only seen one editorial, I'm just really crossing my fingers to see variety from what is given to us here. And Kate should truly have been on the cover. I think I had my hopes too high up for the main editorial and cover of this issue.

There are articles/features on Mario Testino, Mario Vargas Llosa, three chefs in Lima that are influencing the new cuisine/culinary culture, Jason Day & Kina & Alvaro Malpartida, and Juana Burga Cervera.

Plus smaller articles on "hot" addresses for museums, art galleries, cafés & restaurants in Lima, 4 spas with their "roots in Incan culture," and luxury hotels in Cuzco and Lima.

"Miss Vogue: Aux Portes de Cuzco" (10 p)
Photographer: Claudia Kmoepfel & Stefan Indlekofer
Stylist: Véronique Didry
Model: Kasia Struss

[troublemanagement.blogspot.it]

So disappointed, one of the worst issues that VP has ever had :yuk:

:lol:

so i thought that perhaps the cover was just a mistake that happens. but now i see the whole thing looks uncomfortably wrong.

Where am I supposed to be excited about this issue...? Issue after issue EIC proves how wrong she is for the current status and VP is getting worse and worse to the point of where it's unrestorable. I can see she is trying something new not to be repetitive and to give some freshness to the mag, but the result turns out unfortunate. Even with top photographers, stylists and supermodels it can't be as impressive as it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->