Holiday Fall/Winter 2017-2018 : Valdemar Modin by Mario Testino

KateTheGreatest

Reaction score

After a foray into California, Holiday Magazine heads north to Denmark. Mario Testino explores the enigmatic appeal of Scandinavian beauty; Inez and Vinoodh photograph a pastoral reverie and Olivier Kervern a handful of local high spots, while Edie Campbell faces Daragh Soden's lens on the most Danish island of them all. Also on these pages: images by Gregory Harris, Collier Schorr, Lachlan Bailey, Philippe Lacombe and Suffo Moncloa.
On the writing front, novelist Tanguy Viel pens his impressions of a trip to Copenhagen and Elsinore; Philippe Azoury reminisces about the birth of Dogme 95; Francois Blet talks TV and cooking with Adam Price, the writer of Borgen; Alice Cavanagh and Jaromine Savignon resuscitate Karen Blixen and Gunnar Larsen, Paul-Henry Bizon describes the beauty of the Louisiana museum, and Nicolas Zeisler tells the story of Lego. Last but not least, Arthur Dreyfus gets into conversation with Anna Karina, the patron saint of a Holiday so infused with hygge that it gives a whole new meaning to hedonism.
holiday-magazine.com

of course they had to drop hygge at some point..

Looking forward.. love love Denmark. :heart:

testino for holiday? let's see.... the cover annoys me though

Is this a Christmas magazine? ...Because the cover looks like an old-fashion Christmas card/catalogue.

At least this is not a photoshop wreck like everything Testino has been doing. But it bothers me a little to see an entire magazine about Denmark and so little local talent.

Holiday Magazine F/W 2017 by Mario Testino
Styled by Elin Svahn

*dnamodels
via myran at Frederikke's thread

^^^ Really gorgeous.

Looks like a lost campaign from late-90s Gucci.

Inez and Vinoodh - Photographer
Geraldine Saglio - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Soichi Inagaki - Hair Stylist
Sil Bruinsma - Makeup Artist
Julia Bergshoeff - Model
credit: models

via Armani at Julia's thread

i love holiday so much

but i really hate seeing testino + i+v shooting for them, keep these contract photographers to vogues/HB/etc.

^^^ Why? Because they’re high profile and famous…????

Mario’s edit is so sublime with a certain darkness that’s also seductive and full of mood— and shows he still remembers what made him so good in the first place. I&V's edit has such a warmth, such candid charm and personality that radiates. Maybe it takes a publication like Holiday to bring their best back, and if so, what a great outlet for these guys to show that they still have that creative soul.

When something is good, it’s good. I’m not going to blindly support big brand names, but in this case, Mario and I&V deserve some love.

These edits are completely off from what I'm used to from Holiday. I don't like it, I prefer when it's more "art" directed and less fashion.

Really good but the thing about Holiday like Mastermind is that it's really about "friends" collaborating.
So, we have Franck Durand working with his friends who are also his wife's collaborators.

So, we have Julia by Saglio once again....
It's good but a bit limited.

^^^ Why? Because theyÂ’re high profile and famousÂ…????

Mario’s edit is so sublime with a certain darkness that’s also seductive and full of mood— and shows he still remembers what made him so good in the first place. I&V's edit has such a warmth, such candid charm and personality that radiates. Maybe it takes a publication like Holiday to bring their best back, and if so, what a great outlet for these guys to show that they still have that creative soul.

When something is good, itÂ’s good. IÂ’m not going to blindly support big brand names, but in this case, Mario and I&V deserve some love.

i just feel like with the way conde + hearst contracts work, we will be seeing mario's work + i+v's work over and over through those outlets + i loved holiday's issues where they've worked with slightly under the radar photogs-- we don't need to see good work from them for holiday, i'd rather see good work from them for vogue/bazaar/etc and discover new people looking through holiday

Holiday Magazine: UP THERE
Mario Testino - Photographer
Elin Svahn - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Marc Lopez - Hair Stylist
Val Garland - Makeup Artist
Lulu - Model
credit: models

via Armani at Lulu's thread

Nice to see Testino can still produce great work if he tries.

Going to echo everyone's comments so far, the editorials are gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->