Valentino - The All-Things Valentino Thread

Armani should get rid of all their diffusion lines imo. Emporior should have been Miu Miu like label instead of being a watered down version of Giorgio.

can they get pilati out of Berlin? and maybe shower him😁 his small collection for fendi would have been nice for valentino.
Stefano has such high views of himself and is quick to over intellectualize the smallest stuff that maybe Valentino wouldn’t be a good fit for him at all.
Armani however is totally him. I think he loves Giorgio. He may have the same ego (even if Giorgio is totally fair because he is a legend) and he dresses for the most part, the same woman.
He struggled a bit at Saint Laurent sometimes because frivolity is not something he understand and somehow his best collection were very upbeat and urban. When we look at his work at Agnona, where he was really at ease, it could have been Armani.

And he is fantastic with fabrics. I’m sure those luscious satin we get at Armani Privé will still maintain their luster under him.

On this forum, we are constantly helping those head hunters and executives and yet, they disappoints us everytime! I’m done! Lol

that would even be better! he would probably love having emporio and giorgio armani to work with. emporio for his street stuff and giorgio for his more bourgeoise looks.

Who’s linking an all things Armani thread please? Insert link below!

It has been communicated internally to the teams that the announcement is to be made this week who is coming as creative director

Oh come on guys, just drop the name hahaha !

@misstweedoffical is giving a hot tea on that Valentino shake up. Apparently the abrupt departure of PPP was caused by the spat with CEO Jacobo Venturini. Also, Alessandro Michele will be appointed as creative director as early as this week to keep the company afloat and not loosing additional FW (Menswear and HC cancelled as we already know).

@misstweedoffical is giving a hot tea on that Valentino shake up. Apparently the abrupt departure of PPP was caused by the spat with CEO Jacobo Venturini. Also, Alessandro Michele will be appointed as creative director as early as this week to keep the company afloat and not loosing additional FW (Menswear and HC cancelled as we already know).
So Michele is confirmed. I'm excited for him, but it's such a shame that his appointment is surrounded by such negativity.

I wanted so bad to be able to buy Fendi clothes again…
Michele at Valentino would be interesting. I’m more interested in the relationships with the CEO, what is going to happen once Pinault acquires the brand and more than that, if Giancarlo Giammetti will be as supportive as he was with PPP.

Somehow the clothes are the least of my concern weirdly.
I feel like he will need to hold back a lot!

Michele at Valentino would be interesting. I’m more interested in the relationships with the CEO, what is going to happen once Pinault acquires the brand and more than that, if Giancarlo Giammetti will be as supportive as he was with PPP.

That´s the problem: his aesthetic clashes with Valentino totally! It´s like hiring Lacroix to create for Armani.

Oh me too

Kering bought 30% at 1,7 billion in cash (putting Valentino at a 5,6 billion valuation) but has a call-option for the remaining 70%, or 4 billions, which they can buy on stocks, so the lower the Kering stock, the more they will have to issue and the more Mayhoola can receive, meaning the Pinaults will be significantly diluted in the deal, they currently have 42% of Kering. At current market cap, it's potentially nearly 10% of Kering going to Mayhoola, so the Pinaults will be diluted to 35%, they won't lose the full control but they will have to answer to a very large second shareholder at 10%-9ish %.

Yes Valentino do need much better accessories first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->