Vivienne Westwood "Let It Rock" Fragrance : Tatyana Usova

*Bianca*

Reaction score
062607beautythumbyw4.jpg

Vivienne Westwood rocks the fragrance world
14 June, 2007

Designer Vivienne Westwood is on record as saying: “The only reason I'm in fashion is to destroy the word conformity.” At yesterday's launch for the fragrance in London, Michele Scannavini, president of Coty Prestige suggested Westwood was in fragrance for the same reason.

Let it Rock (later called Sex) was the name of the shop opened by punk founders Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren on London's Kings Road in 1971. The name was spelled out in fluorescent pink paper letters on a corrugated iron black fascia. But Let it Rock is now the name of Vivienne Westwood's latest fragrance creation, developed with Coty.

In developing the fragrance Westwood says: “I tried to remember what was going on at the time of the name in the early 70s. For me it was the beginning of the age of nostalgia. I was wearing a space princess outfit and wearing patchouli.” So at the core of the fragrance is a sensual patchouli key note.

Let it Rock, “for girls who dare to rock”, opens with a top note of bergamot, with rich freesia leading to a jasmine heart. At the base sit amber and the patchouli, “recalling the back to basics rock soul”.

The tubular bottle features the fragrance name written in red lipstick, linking with sensual fantasy, and sitting on top is the Westwood orb stopper. The ad features model Tatyana Usova in a Westwood dress, epitomising modern rock chic.

viviennewestwoodmodelshjp0.jpg

cosmeticsbusiness & wwd

I don't like this at all.
The ad with Mona was so much better.

The idea seems to be inspired by celebrities.

I think the perfume itself should also be part of the campaign imagery, so here is an image of the bottle and packaging. The perfume was actually developed for VW by perfumer Marie Salamagne, per WWD.

nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com

I don't like this at all.
The ad with Mona was so much better.

The idea seems to be inspired by celebrities.

Mona has nothing to do with this. She did an ad for a Valentino fragrance.

^ I swear Mona did an ad that had something to do with "Rock". I just figured it was Vivienne Westwood.

I'm surprised they stuck with that image - she is soooo out of proportion with that big head. :cry:

I don't like these. Tatyana looks drunk and awful, she looks as if she's about to puke out the car. :ninja:

The name is so cheesy and, clichéd.
Also, why does she look so sweaty and sort, of unkempt in the adverts?

the bottle and the box are pretty great...

but i don't feel like the image really 'connects'...
*really don't like the hair!
plus... i just can't stand patchouli...
:ninja:...

thanks for the images...:flower:

any info on who shot them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy