Vogue Paris August 2013 : Daria Werbowy by David Sims

^^
Karmen Pedaru by Gilles Bensimon

imgmodels.tumblr

CATHERINE MCNEIL FOR VOGUE PARIS AUGUST 2013 BY CLAUDIA KNOEPFEL & STEFAN INDLEKOFER

thefashionography.com

^Love this. Cat still looks uber sexy and cool in the androgynous styling.

some interesting shots..thankfully it's not just like every other issue i suppose with the london theme it's good they're doing something different

Have they done away with the collections issue or is it a possibility for september?

Judging by the previous it looks like an amazing issue. (Even despite not so good cover.) So far Cat's and Georgia's edits are really promising. But my favorite's probably going to be Sims' edit. So happy to see Philip Sallon and Princess Julia being featured! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this ed is all about the jackets, everything else just plays a supporting role.

Well, I mean it's a fashion editorial so everything is always all about the clothes. That doesn't mean a model can't look alive. I don't blame Daria because she's a fantastic model. It's David Sims' fault. Nowadays it seems his favorite technique is to make models look like robots. Even when he shoots someone as famous as Gisele (for the Espirit ads), she looked like she was half-dead. I don't understand his infatuation with this look on models, but he's doing the same thing with Daria in this shoot. I hope the rest of the editorial is better.

Well, I mean it's a fashion editorial so everything is always all about the clothes. That doesn't mean a model can't look alive. I don't blame Daria because she's a fantastic model. It's David Sims' fault. Nowadays it seems his favorite technique is to make models look like robots. Even when he shoots someone as famous as Gisele (for the Espirit ads), she looked like she was half-dead. I don't understand his infatuation with this look on models, but he's doing the same thing with Daria in this shoot. I hope the rest of the editorial is better.

that's not true. there lots of eds with amazing sets and backgrounds and those can be big distraction to the focus on clothes.

daria looks like this on ferragamo campaign too.

Emmanuellle really loves Black & White pictures right? hehehe..

Almost hyperventilating over Karmen by Gilles Bensimon (watch every other publication jump on the Bensimon bandwagon), it's so wonderfully 90's. Although Daria's editorial isn't what I was expecting. David Sims doesn't produce the most exciting pictures but those images of Daria are just.. there. I understand it's a jacket story and the jacket's are evidently showcased but, meh - I'm not overwhelmed.

VOGUE PARIS AUGUST 2013
Brighton beach

Model:
Karmen Pedaru
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio

blog.viewmanagement.com

Oh my God, move away Saskia. AMANDA!

Nah I still prefer Saskia's ed but Amanda's presence is so exciting! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads