Warm boots for winter that aren't Uggs?

I know...I read the thread title and know Uggs can look silly, but I saw these at Dillards today and really do like them....just don't wear them with a mini skirt in winter!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• ugg.gif
    ugg.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
shoegal those little pockets are cute! very military....

I just don't like uggs because the feet part is so shapeless like they were made in home ec class. I believe that you can have a warm, lined boot that is a little better shaped in the foot.

^ I agree with you about the feet
I was attracted to these b/c of the military look...I'm a sucker for green cargo..anything

I really really like the boots STRUT posted..anyone know where they are from

Live in Toronto as well = Moscow-like winters at times.

Just bought: La Canadienne boots - 'Alice' version.

Genuine Shearling lining (in shaft, boot and insole)
Leather shoe area (completely waterproof)
Sheepskin shaft (above mid-calf height)
Excellent treads
and cute too!

GUARANTEED weatherproof - i mean..
the salesclerk at Suzanne Shoes (Yonge North of Eglinton) said if it didn't live up to the guarantee, i could return it within a YEAR with the receipt!!

i've got some wicked boots already - and waayyyy cheaper - but wanted utterly invincible winter boots - that don't look like those plastic hideous thangs.

Goes for $260CAD w/ tax = $299CAD

Toronto retailers: Suzanne, Sloan's, some Town Shoes, some Foot Shoppes.

Online retailers: Nordstrom and Zappos.

i'll be sending the link & pic next.

I like those fuzzy-ish "laced around" type boots posted that splatooey posted too (Does this type of boot have an official name?)

gruveechik those boots DO look warm. Pretty and practical, I knew it was possible. Which color did you buy? In a way i prefer camel colored boots but the black sole looks a bit too contrasty in the photos I saw. Is it like that in RL?

Edit: I kinda like the Elena, but is it as warm as the Alice?...does the stuff you said you were told only apply to the Alice?

Last edited by a moderator:
La Canadienne site: http://www.lacanadienne.ca/lacanadienne_eng.html

Nordstrom:
http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2873796&boutique=boot_shop_women&category=2376778~2372808~2372895~2376336&Search=True&keyword=la+canadienne+%3E+Women%27s+Shoes&SearchType=keywordsearch

La Canadienne ´Alice´ Boot
Water-resistant shearling silhouette features stylish lace detail, while waterproof leather on the foot ensures you'll stay dry and cozy. Rubber lug sole provides traction on snowy slopes or icy streets.•Approx. heel height: 1 1/2".•Approx. boot shaft height: 15 1/2".•Shearling and leather upper/microfiber lining/rubber sole.•By La Canadienne; made in Canada.

i love the camel colour.. but got black instead b/c i wear a lot of black/grey/purples and cold colours in winter.

gruveechik those boots DO look warm. Pretty and practical, I knew it was possible. Which color did you buy? In a way i prefer camel colored boots but the black sole looks a bit too contrasty in the photos I saw. Is it like that in RL?

Edit: I kinda like the Elena, but is it as warm as the Alice?...does the stuff you said you were told only apply to the Alice?

Elena didn't seem the be the kind i was looking for - but it does look really warm with the shearling lining as well. i was looking for something higher (shaft) and serious treads for ice etc.. since i want to continue walking to work. Click on the specs for each boot. i found the Alice had great specs.

Saw the camel in person.. and the black treads don't look ugly at all... it's a beautiful boot that kicks butt!!

i really really wanted the Alexa - but wasn't able to find it in stores - apparently it didn't come out anywhere (production probs). Alexa looked perfect: leather boot with shearling lining. Too bad about that.... so Alice = 2nd choice.

i AM completely thrilled with the Alice - it's perfect perfect! Wore it today - extremely comfortable, excellent insole & light-weight. i wore thin cotton socks and my feet got really hot! BTW: got the black - which isn't as gorgeous as the camel - but still very cute - doesn't look like typical heavy-duty winter boots. i can't WAIT until we get hit by serious ice and snow and cold, so i can be invincible in me boots! yah!!!! :woot:

also... just want to give kudos to Suzanne shoes: excellent service. :heart: Sloan's was also excellent. i called a lot of stores hunting down these boots. Brown's shoes @ Eaton's sucked!!!! :angry:

Hope y'all check out La Canadienne.. it's the best boot i've ever had in my life, and i've had some fab ones.

0722Y_g.jpg

delias.com

OT, I know, but I thought this shirt was true.

I've read through all the posts and I'm a little confused... so do Ugg-type boots keep your feet more dry than leather boots? I was considering a pair from Frye, but what would be more practical?
I've just moved to Montreal from sunny Vancouver so I'm really worried about keeping my feet dry this winter!

these are so freaking cute!!!:heart: :heart: :heart:

and cheap too!!!...

jcrew
style.com

Attachments

• jcrew bt.jpg
    jcrew bt.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1
i saw a girl wearing these...
she looked so adorable...:heart:
i don't know how practical they are for snow and ice..
but they are certainly warm and stylish...
also reasonably priced...i really really really like these!!!!....

united nude puffa boot...
style.com

Attachments

• united nude puffa bt.jpg
    united nude puffa bt.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
^well, they really look quite interesting.....i would love to see them for real!

canucksfan22 said:
I've read through all the posts and I'm a little confused... so do Ugg-type boots keep your feet more dry than leather boots? I was considering a pair from Frye, but what would be more practical?
I've just moved to Montreal from sunny Vancouver so I'm really worried about keeping my feet dry this winter!

Ugg-type boot (or EMUs) with the genuine Shearling lining - will keep your feet warm.

Since they may most likely be suede exterior - they will not keep your feet dry (for long).

You may wear Uggs/Emus on dry crisp days or snowy days that are so cold that the snow will not melt. If you're in the city, the snow will melt b/c of salt/sand treatments.

You're better off getting either a leather boot exterior that's been Shearling lined - or some other sort of really warm lining -

OR

you can get sheepskin exterior or maybe even suede exterior - as long as it has been fully treated by the manufacturer and definitely waterproof/weatherproof.

B4 i bought my La Canadienne boot (see above) i bought an awesome pair of boots from Town shoes and from Aldo - they had great grips, were genuine leather and were lined with a synthetic extra warm lining. To keep your feet warmer, you can get a shearling insole as well. i've tried Sorel (synthetic) boots - and they leaked! Ditto for all other synthetic boots i bought before.

...also, it's the only boots (that i can think of) that doesn't required you to wear socks. That's why you see celebs in Sunny California wearing UGGS in the middle of the summer. But overall, I much prefer to wear the authentic Military Boots. Why? Because they are designed to withstand wear and tear in ALL conditions. The military doesn't wear them for nothing. B)

gruveechik said:
Ugg-type boot (or EMUs) with the genuine Shearling lining - will keep your feet warm.

Since they may most likely be suede exterior - they will not keep your feet dry (for long).

You may wear Uggs/Emus on dry crisp days or snowy days that are so cold that the snow will not melt. If you're in the city, the snow will melt b/c of salt/sand treatments.

You're better off getting either a leather boot exterior that's been Shearling lined - or some other sort of really warm lining -

OR

you can get sheepskin exterior or maybe even suede exterior - as long as it has been fully treated by the manufacturer and definitely waterproof/weatherproof.

B4 i bought my La Canadienne boot (see above) i bought an awesome pair of boots from Town shoes and from Aldo - they had great grips, were genuine leather and were lined with a synthetic extra warm lining. To keep your feet warmer, you can get a shearling insole as well. i've tried Sorel (synthetic) boots - and they leaked! Ditto for all other synthetic boots i bought before.

Miu Miu FW 05...they have a shearling lining

11821_fr.jpg
11821_bk.jpg

11821_index.jpg
11821_cu.jpg

netaporter.com

mmmm bella!
i wouldn't be able to manage w/ them in our slushy/icy winters though
but gorgeous boots they are!

Some of the new Ugg styles:unsure: Some are OK, but I prefer the regular style in chestnut or black...no baby pink for me, thanks. Canadian winters require some kind of heavy boot though, so unfortunately Uggs, Mukluks, and Moon Boots are sometimes our only options.
0114vh.jpg
0134rm.jpg
0120gf.jpg

emocs.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfaa103p05
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"