Warm boots for winter that aren't Uggs?

lovely! i'd totally get those - love the one w/ pockets & the tall in plum!

only thing: just how waterproof they are when it's super slushy?
and - last time i tried a pair - didn't give me the foot/ankle support i need.

i'd totally get a pair to monkey around in when going to the corner store --
and another to wear indoors when my wood floors get soooo cold in winter.

:smile:

//LATTE// said:
i love the new lace up uggs. Im definately getting a pair

do you mean the ones worn by sienna miller? i have to admit, i thought they looked cute on her; i even considered ordering a pair but i'm glad i didn't because i saw a woman on the street wearing them this weekend and they looked so bulky! plus i'm short and i don't think i'd be able to pull them off.

yay, got some weird brand new tan ecco boots from thriftstore, looking like a bastard child of frye's and cowboy boots.

but for (about) $2.5 and wool lining (its freezing round here in winter) im beyond satisfied.

i got my boots from alloy.com and they were so warm, i cant wear them again until its really cold (i wore them when it was 50 degrees out F) i'll wait for ice and snow. i dont even feel bad when i step in a puddle as they were only $40!
6v7319_main.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Update on La Canadienne Boots

gruveechik said:
La Canadienne site: http://www.lacanadienne.ca/lacanadienne_eng.html

Nordstrom:
http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2873796&boutique=boot_shop_women&category=2376778~2372808~2372895~2376336&Search=True&keyword=la+canadienne+%3E+Women%27s+Shoes&SearchType=keywordsearch

La Canadienne ´Alice´ Boot
Water-resistant shearling silhouette features stylish lace detail, while waterproof leather on the foot ensures you'll stay dry and cozy. Rubber lug sole provides traction on snowy slopes or icy streets.•Approx. heel height: 1 1/2".•Approx. boot shaft height: 15 1/2".•Shearling and leather upper/microfiber lining/rubber sole.•By La Canadienne; made in Canada.

i love the camel colour.. but got black instead b/c i wear a lot of black/grey/purples and cold colours in winter.

OMG - i love my boots!!

i've been wearing them with wee summer cotton socks and my feet are warm, dry & very happy - and the rest of me remains warm and toasty too!

Example: the other day we had -18C temperature and above-ankle-high snow accumulation. i walked 20minutes to work, uphill and through a very slushy park - and i was Ms. Invincible with my fabulous boots!!! :woot: Normally at this time of year i stop walking to & from work b/c i get too cold.. i have never ever remained so warm and dry in such conditions...until now baby! Looks like i can continue my walks for another couple of months! :heart:

i've become a right pest yammering on to my friends, family and co-workers about my boots.. but gosh almighty - they are the BEST investment in winter wear that i've ever made. i think one can buy a low-medium quality winter coat -- but with these boots, you'll remain warm no matter what!!!

They're more than worth the $300CAD that i paid... the construction & quality is so good, i'm looking forward to years of warmth and invincible-ness in winter!

gruvee you are doing a great job selling me on those boots. now I've decided that I just have to try them on. Are you in Toronto? Where did you buy them? I think you mentioned something about "Suzanne's Shoes". If that's where you got them, where are they located?

^_^
Yup i live in Toronto. As you know, last week we had a couple of doozi days... my budds tease me b/c i'm infamous for bundling up - but i don't have to bundle up as much now.. b/c these La Canadienne boots have left my regular good winter boots in the dust! i've been soooo waaaaarm in my La Canadiennes! If you do get them, i'm sure you'll enjoy them. i love the Camel Colour - but got the black for practicality sake. The 'Alice' looks a bit like the new Uggs, but will be guaranteed waterproof/weatherproof b/c of the leather shoe part.

i did get them at Suzanne Shoe Salon (i hadn't bought anything there before). i called around several stores to find the best price & specific model. Sloan's (Yonge N. of Lawrence) staff were just as friendly as Suzanne's, but i chose Suzanne b/c i live nearby. Brown's Shoes also sells these boots at the Eaton Centre, and Feet First at Bayview, but when i called them - they were unhelpful & very lazy. i swear the guy at Brown's was on drugs - it was so bad! Other than that, all of the stores sell at the same price.

So: Suzanne Shoe Salon is a wee shoe salon, next to the Capitol Event Theatre, on Yonge N. of Eglinton (west side). They told me that if i'm not happy w/ the La Canadienne boots, i can return them with the receipt, within 1 year!!

Susanne Shoe Salon
416-489-3290
2506 Yonge Street,
Toronto

1115611j.gif

pan-vert-bar-w.gif
pan-arrow-w.gif
pan-vert-bar-w.gif
pan-strut-w.gif
pan-w-sw.gif

map.cgi

blank.gif

blank.gif

blank.gif

blank.gif

blank.gif

blank.gif

I just bought these Aerosoles:

3034-157650-d.jpg

and Borns:

46772-d.jpg

both from zappos.com.

Not sure which pair I'll keep or maybe both.. :wink:

hmmm...
i'm assuming, because the thread is about finding a replacement for uggs, that we are thinking about casual, comfortable boots...

i decided to try the ultimate comfort shoe shop (easyspirit.com) and found these...
am i strange to like these?
i'm a bit undecided...
but i think because they are benign, they are pretty harmless...
they do not make much of a statement but they look well-cut...
and the colors are nice and muted...
and VERY inexpensive...
they seem like something you could walk the dog in... or grab a cup of coffee...

oakridge.jpg ontrend.jpg

i was so tempted to order those united PUFFA boots tht soft posted the other day
but the heel ? . . throws it off for me . . .
don't want heels when my toes are freezing off ! :lol:

calexico yr not alone ! :wink:
i think those are cute . . .
this thread is not abt being super fashionable . .
it's abt being warm damnit !

:ninja:

p694_d1.jpg

I cannot decide whether or not I like these boots... because I tend to look a little Jewish American Princess-ish in the winter (uggs sweatpants or jeans tucked in etc) :blush: but would these look nice at all? Better than uggs? Im not sureeeee (haha this is frustrating me)

or these?

2004_05_13_raising_helen.jpg

or these?

classic short grey uggs (saw a girl with them and they are a really unique colour of grey)

i_<3_chanel said:
i was so tempted to order those united PUFFA boots tht soft posted the other day
but the heel ? . . throws it off for me . . .
don't want heels when my toes are freezing off ! :lol:

calexico yr not alone ! :wink:
i think those are cute . . .
this thread is not abt being super fashionable . .
it's abt being warm damnit !

:ninja:

i agree!
those puffy jcrews that softgrey posted got me considering getting a pair...
but upon closer inspection, the heel weirded me off a bit...
:ermm:

i'm glad you like those super duper practical easy spirits...
they look wonderfully comfy...
if only we'd get some real WEATHER around here...
all this sun is actually getting a bit old, my dear...

gruvee I saw those boots in person today (The Alice)
it is $260 at Town shoes now (I guess it goes down with time). They are very cute but I am giving myself some time to mull it over (as you know right now it's all rain and warm so, I can afford a lil time). I am kinda hoping they might go down in price after xmas?? But that's one month away......

PS I don't like how the camel boot is two-tone (the leg is spotty or faded something, while the foot is a pure shade of camel). If I will get them I'll get the same pair as you (black)

calexico those boots are kinda cute - I like the darker ones. PS you said cheap - how cheap?

It's not like you can ever have too many boots :D

Jade I don't really like those boots, esp the top ones

I was trying these on on the weekend ... they seem very warm and comfortable, and they are guaranteed Waterproof for one year. They are made by Santana Canada, and you can get them at Brown's (Eaton Centre & Queen West stores). I'm just hesitant about the style, what do you think? They also come in black and red, I'm leaning towards the brown though. They look fairly cute with my jeans tucked in, but there was something that just didn't sell me on it:

mia_w.jpg

photo courtesy Santana Canada

^ The first thing I thought of was Santa's elves, but in a cute way (it could have been glancing at the word "Santana" in part though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marrefoto
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->