Your 2024 Met Gala Style Predictions...

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Any guesses as to who will wear what at the upcoming 2024 Met Gala? According to Vogue, the dress code will be "The Garden in Time", inspired by the short story of the same title by JG Ballard.

Here's some of Vogue Australia's predictions:

Jennifer Lopez in Schiaparelli.

Zendaya is rumored to be wearing McQueen S/S 2007, the look worn by Tanya in the show.

JLO is very thin now, I don't know if it's for the film she's working on at the moment or if it's to wear something vintage... I hope someone or she wears something from Ferré for Dior, especially from the HC S/S show 1992, Christy's look is PERFECT!

I know wearing a vintage piece will be on theme but I am so sick of stylists putting celebs in archival designs.

Anna in wearing Loewe.

Based on some other scuttlebutt, pretty sure that it'll be Zendaya wearing a variation of the Loewe grass pieces from Men's Spring 2023.

Galliano is sitting with Bergdorf, so likely no Phoebe Philo appearance unless they go all out and have 2 tables, or are comfortable with 2 designers at the same table.

IMG_4573.jpegMy composite edited photo

I’d love to see Sydney Sweeney in something demure and classic like this Alexander McQueen runway look.

If Olivia Rodrigo's team was smart, they'd have her wearing one of the Perry Ellis by Marc Jacobs Spring 1993 floral looks.

Damn, now I want to see Zendaya in that McQueen.
Loewe bores me to death. Dig into the archives people, it's way more interesting there.
Would love to see someone in one of John's Fall 2010 couture designs for Dior.
If Natalie Portman is coming, she better show up in the original Miss Dior gown!

And although I really don't want to see any Dolce & Gabbana floral prints (I'm more of an embroidery girlie), I'd love to see someone wear those dreamy cage platforms with flowers from like 2013.

i hope someone comes in gallianos f/w 2010 couture collection complete with the headpiece.

That anthurium dress from Loewe will also definitely make an appearance.

mcqueen and galliano overdose is my prediction lol
you're welcome

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

Nah, I don't feel overdosed, I feel underwhelmed. Such massive bodies of work and yet they all ran directly to that damn artisanal collection or costumey recreations. How is it that Kendall Jenner, of all people, had the best archival moment of the night?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DC80
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->