Your First Designer Purchase

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
What was your very first designer purchase? That first thing that you totally splurged on? Even if you haven't bought designer yet, what do you feel will be your first buy? :flower:

I'm not sure what my first actual designer purchase was, but my first really big splurge was this pair of Ann Demeulemeester boots. Sadly (I guess), this type of splurge happens regularly now. :ermm:

100101043.jpg

Good question... I think it might've been a Mulberry agenda close to twenty years ago. :ninja:

I still have it, and it's holding up admirably!

Mine wasn't that long ago, it was a Costume National black pinstriped blazer from fall-winter 2004, what I really liked about it was that it was made of a wool/metal fabric that wrinkled really nicely because of the metal composition.

00071.L.JPG

Mine is a black balenciaga bag. The best purchase I've ever made!

donna karan ...
3 jackets and a skirt in one day...around 1989...

still have them...they are from one of her first collections...
:heart:

THe first item that i think i spoiled myself with was this Helmut Lang coat i bought a few weeks ago...I was designer virgin! lol:D

99kosj.jpg

A Body Map top in the Harrods sale. It was white and had overlong sleeves kind of like a straight jacket. I think it was in 1985. There started a long love affair with fashion

My first big purchase on my own (that I paid for by myself) was a black prada bag and a black prada cell phone case. I want to say it was about 2001?

almost the entire Versus s/s 2004 collection (homme) back when i was stupid and had no taste i feel so ashamed oh and btw AlexN those boots are so nice i kinda wanna eat them :blush:

My first purchase? Chanel sunglasses. :cool:

Nice boots Alex :wink:

My first designer purchase...

A silk Michael Kors mockneck...$300 ish.... new with tags at Goodwill for $4. I don't know how the hell I pulled that find off, but it's got a special place in my heart.

:lol:

^ WOWSA. That's quite the steal, Prep.

Black Ann Demeulemeester wraparound sweater dress, circa 1998 or so.

Up until that point I'd been strictly a designer-goods gawker - you know, one of those people who trawls around in expensive shops drooling over everything without ever spending any money. One day I skulked into a store to do my usual fondle-and-covet routine, and there was this dress. There was also this disgustingly good-looking SA. Before I knew what was happening he had me trying on the dress, putting it on hold, and actually running out and borrowing money from a friend in order to buy it. :doh: :yuk: That was the beginning of the end. To this day I place the blame for the perennially empty state of my bank account (and perennially overflowing state of my closet) squarely on the disgustingly good-looking SA. :lol:

the first designer thing i've truly purchased on my own was actually a LV damier bag for my mother... and she still carries it to this day. she tells me of all of her bags, she loves it the most because i bought it for her... :blush:

dolce & gabbana tank from their d&g store in paris. i felt like i just had to buy something (i was in love with d&g at the time), so while walking by their shop, i ran and spent too much money for a simple tank.

meowmix, that's a sweet story .. :smile:

I guess my first designer purchase was a calvin klein tank top that I got with money earned from a vacation job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->