Your First Designer Purchase

Heh, I don't quite remember. not sure if it counts as 'designer' but when i was little my aunts and mom would find things for cheap, little ck and ralph lauren and dkny shirts (they were kinda tacky looking to me, I always hated them and would rather wear frilly dresses lol)
I bought a dkny miniskirt about two years ago. the quality's horrid :ninja: learned my lesson there. well it was half off so woohoo..

other than that Ive never bought anything major.. like balenciaga, marc, chanel, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my first designer purchase was a pair of Versace eyeglasses.
I thought the certificate of authenticity was special.

A YSL suit...coincindentally and unknown to me at the time, ysl was also my dad's first designer suit.

I just remembered that Dior Addict perfume was actually my first designer purchase. I got it in Paris in 2003.

a marc by marc jacobs wool sweater i bought in new york in the summer of 2003. verrrry cute, it has stripes in pastels and a cute bow on it too. i still wear it :heart: ..

years and years ago when I was in high school (last 70's) I bought 2 Norma Komali sweatshirts with the big padded shoulders. In dark blue and red, I wore them to death, just loved them.

I don't remember what the first designer piece I bought myself was.

But the summer before college, my mom bought me a pair of the Gucci steel stiletto boots. They were crushed velvet with the GG logo. (Gucci released a version with a bamboo heel F '04 if you want to know what they look like.) I can't find them, which greatly concerns my mom. I think I lost them in one of my various moves in and out of the dorms.

The first thing I remember buying myself (and not pilfering from my Grandmere's closet) was a pair of Marc Jacobs flats, rose pink with silver hearts on them. They were painful, and I could never wear them for more than a few hours, but I still think they're beautiful. :P

A Versace jacket i think... 2 years ago, but I don't wear it anymore, because I don't like denim jackets anymore.

The first time I noticed that I was wearing a designer item was in middle school. I was wearing a Tommy Hilfiger rugby sweater and this really popular kid saw the little "lion crest" one me and said "hey, we're wearing the same brand" and he pointed to the lion crest on his Tommy polo shirt. Though I had no idea what that meant or anything about brand names I felt pretty cool that day. (I didn't tell him that I got the shirt at a TJ Maxx for way below retail.) Since I actually started to have an income in the past 2 years, my first extravagant purchase was a pair of Dior Homme Jeans, and they were the least expensive ones at 170 euros. :smile:

Oh god I really can't remember. I believe the first "high end" lable I purchased was a Burberry Wool Cap. Other than that in previous years it was mostly Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren.

I suppose Givenchy + Ysl perfumes and Ysl cosmetics don't count much, so my first purchase was Givenchy sunglasses this month. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->