What Was Your Very First Designer Handbag?

mulberry bayswater, classic ! and the price is not like other designer bags that is so unaffordable

mulberry bayswater, classic ! and the price is not like other designer bags that is so unaffordable

that tom ford bag!!!!!!!!

it looks GORGEOUS. I can only imagine how wonderful the zippers sound.
ughh, my jaw dropped when I saw it!!

that tom ford bag!!!!!!!!

it looks GORGEOUS. I can only imagine how wonderful the zippers sound.
ughh, my jaw dropped when I saw it!!

I am a fan of bags aesthetically & funtionality, whether it's mens or ladies. Of course, being a guy I dont carry ladies' bag but I admire ladies who has exquisite taste for them. And I admire them from afar, sashaying those shoulder bags, totes, etc. I share a disdain for monograms that screams at your face, seen far too many, and many done with distaste & hardly any inspiration. But occasional splash of them have surprised me.

Being a guy, I often find it difficult to get a bag I like. Not very often I see nice bags for men around but I do come across some, rarely. But when I do, I would get my wallet ready. lol.
One of the 1st is Ralph Lauren Purple label, wool checkered & leather duffle bag. A splash of green-blue-red checkered that is unmistakable Ralph Lauren made of wool, this dose I can tolerate & more.

Then Tom Ford came along.... so I took a plunge.

Gold hardware on black soft pebbled calf leather weekend bag.
Oversized large gold zipper, the sound of the zips opening & closing is so pleasing to the ears (ya I'm mad).
Velvet interior. Luxury at its finest

I have more to share but this is about your 1st designer bags, I have already shown my 1st two.... oh well. :blush:

Quarks,

I'm assuming these images are yours, but they still must be credited, per forum rules.

THanks!

I am a fan of bags aesthetically & funtionality, whether it's mens or ladies. Of course, being a guy I dont carry ladies' bag but I admire ladies who has exquisite taste for them. And I admire them from afar, sashaying those shoulder bags, totes, etc. I share a disdain for monograms that screams at your face, seen far too many, and many done with distaste & hardly any inspiration. But occasional splash of them have surprised me.

Being a guy, I often find it difficult to get a bag I like. Not very often I see nice bags for men around but I do come across some, rarely. But when I do, I would get my wallet ready. lol.
One of the 1st is Ralph Lauren Purple label, wool checkered & leather duffle bag. A splash of green-blue-red checkered that is unmistakable Ralph Lauren made of wool, this dose I can tolerate & more.

Then Tom Ford came along.... so I took a plunge.

Gold hardware on black soft pebbled calf leather weekend bag.
Oversized large gold zipper, the sound of the zips opening & closing is so pleasing to the ears (ya I'm mad).
Velvet interior. Luxury at its finest

I have more to share but this is about your 1st designer bags, I have already shown my 1st two.... oh well. :blush:

Quarks,

I'm assuming these images are yours, but they still must be credited, per forum rules.

THanks!

The first designer handbag that I actually paid for was a Carlos Falchi tapestry shoulder bag. It's rich red and gold with thick brown leather trim. It's five years old now, but still emanates the gorgeous scent of leather!

The first one I used/owned was a vintage Paloma Picasso crossbody, with a matching belt. The leather is red, with her signature x's. The set was a gift from my mother when I was seventeen. My twin sister was given a white crocodile belt by Balmain, so we were even!

Last edited by a moderator:
The first designer handbag that I actually paid for was a Carlos Falchi tapestry shoulder bag. It's rich red and gold with thick brown leather trim. It's five years old now, but still emanates the gorgeous scent of leather!

The first one I used/owned was a vintage Paloma Picasso crossbody, with a matching belt. The leather is red, with her signature x's. The set was a gift from my mother when I was seventeen. My twin sister was given a white crocodile belt by Balmain, so we were even!

Last edited by a moderator:
coach...it was the 80's-
coach was IT at the time...

:P

still have it - yes...

coach...it was the 80's-
coach was IT at the time...

:P

still have it - yes...

My first designer bag is the Marc Jacobs Salome:heart:
I won it about a year ago on MJ's twitter:D
img-thing