What Was Your Very First Designer Handbag?

It was a Louis Vuitton summer bag - grey rubber-like, with feathers hanging.

It was a Louis Vuitton summer bag - grey rubber-like, with feathers hanging.

Kate Spade, i thought i bought an authentic balenciaga off ebay prior to that, however i didnt read the fine print so it was a replica (even though it was expensive, at least it was real leather) i just don't like how the name plate on that bag is engraved with the Balenciaga logo. Since then my collection has grown (and i stopped buying luxury items off ebay)

Kate Spade, i thought i bought an authentic balenciaga off ebay prior to that, however i didnt read the fine print so it was a replica (even though it was expensive, at least it was real leather) i just don't like how the name plate on that bag is engraved with the Balenciaga logo. Since then my collection has grown (and i stopped buying luxury items off ebay)

Not Kate Spade, but Jack Spade. I felt super-proud of myself because "nobody" had a Jack Spade anything in Boston--lol. It was a canvas messenger bag, but within weeks, it turned from a bright orange to a dull brown. Lesson learned: think twice about buying anything canvas. My first, and last, designer bag purchase.

Not Kate Spade, but Jack Spade. I felt super-proud of myself because "nobody" had a Jack Spade anything in Boston--lol. It was a canvas messenger bag, but within weeks, it turned from a bright orange to a dull brown. Lesson learned: think twice about buying anything canvas. My first, and last, designer bag purchase.

balenciaga day bag .. back in the days where it didn't cost the earth ! now it would be double the price of what i paid !

balenciaga day bag .. back in the days where it didn't cost the earth ! now it would be double the price of what i paid !

An LV Saumur bag about 10 years ago. I have long sold it a year after I had bought it. Nevertheless, I have never been out of the bag route since then.

An LV Saumur bag about 10 years ago. I have long sold it a year after I had bought it. Nevertheless, I have never been out of the bag route since then.

YSL olive green Muse. I've been wanting Muse for aeons, and so happy when I finally got the means (i.e. job) to afford it. I wore it everywhere.

I still have it, although no longer use it as I prefer sling bag now. However, I bought another Muse reincarnation which has slingbag, and use it quite often.

Small Prada Nylon men's bag I got half off in an end of season sale. Still my favourite thing and has been there for several big moments in my life - not to mention fabulously durable.

My mother gifted me LOVE MOSCHINO White Scarf Medium Hobo bag on my 21st birthday. It was my first designer bag and I loved it so much.
It looks very pretty..

225-lot3629_1.jpg

Acne Studios mini Musubi bag in black. Got a promotion and decided to treat myself, still very proud of it!

do backpacks count? because in that case it was an Agnes B small black backpack, which made sense because at that stage in my life I really wasn't a handbag girl and it was the nicest thing that was 'affordable' for me.

if the criteria is "handbag" then it'd be the Sophie Hulme mini Milner in black, I loved the look with the metallic plate and the fact that it could be worn crossbody.

The soho disco was one of the first bags I considered and I also love the diorama woc. I ended up getting the Loewe puzzle bag and I love it so far! I do think I’ll look into the diorama woc if I feel like I need a more formal bag in the future.

My first designer bag was a lovely Prada Milano in a classic tan color, gifted by my hardworking self to celebrate my first proper job in 2002. I vividly remember being overwhelmed in the store, finally choosing the one that subtly whispered "classy yet understated".

I found this picture of my first bag, probably a sort of first edition of a current Delage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->