Your First Designer Purchase

D&G sunglasses.. And do designers like "Birger et Mikkelsen" and "Malene Birger" count? :D

Black patent leather Gucci wallet around 10 years ago. Don't use it anymore but I still have it. It's got sentimental value just because it was my first designer splurge! :P

My lovely Marc Jacobs flats.. :heart: I'll keep them forever!

I guess CK jeans t-shirt doesn't count right?...cos it's the cheap/casual line....i got it for $20 at Winners when i was 11 years old or sth:P

Umm...first true designer purchase would be an army green YSL rive gauche 'cosmetics' bag...kinda like the vuitton pochette, on sale at HR. I kinda regret..cos it's so small I can't fit anything into it!

The first 'designer splurge' i can remember is a Betsey Johnson laced cardigan for $75 from a sample sale. I just wanted to own something Betsey Johnson. :P

Well, it wasn't really a purchase, but it was when my aunt gave me two Louis Vuittons for my birthday. I don't like to wear them, though, cus they're leather and I'm a vegetarian.

Beautiful vintage mini Prada doctor bag made of ostrich skin.

I Blame it on reading Vogue magazine.

When I was 11 - Versace Baby Blue Jeans cologne (and after that several other fragrances), if that counts. Clothingwise, though, it was a pair of Costume National Homme shirts bought simultaneously a bit less than a year ago - one white and one pinstriped-black. :flower: Great thread.

I would think that 'purchase' means using your own money and not your parent's, right? So I haven't had a designer purchase yet. :P
But my mum did buy me a pair of Chloe flats when I was 15..still love them.

My first splurge was a pair of 2006 Chanel optical frames (frame 3095b ) total cost incl lenses - £450...

My next splurge was yesterday - another £450 on prescription Dior Sunglasses.

a Prada watch and a J'adore Dior shirt...

My 7for all Mankind jeans, if that counts.

Or my Manolo Blahnik ballet flats. I bought them with my tax return check last year. I am still so in love with those shoes!

Chloé paddington for my 19th birthday, I only got crappy presents, so I decided to buy something nice for myself!

my first designer purchase ever was a week ago and i ordered a vivienne westwood small glass orb necklace in silver:heart:

it even arrived with a little vivienne westwood sweet in the evelope:lol:

VWJ166.jpg

(www.hervia.com)

completely on my own?...havent got the chance to yet
if i were to really spend my own hard earned money on one thing..i guess it will be something leather...a good bag i suppose

I bought my Gucci sunglasses a whole three months ago from Neiman Marcus! It was a bit of an ordeal because I didn't know that they didn't accept VISA until I was buying them. I had to get my mom to write a check for them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->