What Was Your Very First Designer Handbag?

My first was a Gucci cross over bag, very casual and perfect for my age (was in college). Sad thing is that my roommates BUNNY ate through the canvas strap and Gucci couldn't repair it =( so sad, I still keep it though for memories!

My first was a Gucci cross over bag, very casual and perfect for my age (was in college). Sad thing is that my roommates BUNNY ate through the canvas strap and Gucci couldn't repair it =( so sad, I still keep it though for memories!

My very first designer bag was a Gucci-logo camera bag and matching wallet. The background was ivory colored and the logo was a caramel-gold.

This was in 1988. The bag cost $350 and the wallet $195. The minute I wore the bag and was unzipping it to put the wallet inside I noticed a "cut" that ran parallel to the piping on the edge near the zipper. QC was out the door. Whomever sewed it together was probably going too fast and missed about 2 inches of seam.

I took it back and the salesgirl accused me of cutting it with a boxcutter. I complained to management and got a refund.

The wallet fell apart after a year. Leather inside was still good but any of the vinyl bits went bad. Haven't had Gucci since!LOL!

My very first designer bag was a Gucci-logo camera bag and matching wallet. The background was ivory colored and the logo was a caramel-gold.

This was in 1988. The bag cost $350 and the wallet $195. The minute I wore the bag and was unzipping it to put the wallet inside I noticed a "cut" that ran parallel to the piping on the edge near the zipper. QC was out the door. Whomever sewed it together was probably going too fast and missed about 2 inches of seam.

I took it back and the salesgirl accused me of cutting it with a boxcutter. I complained to management and got a refund.

The wallet fell apart after a year. Leather inside was still good but any of the vinyl bits went bad. Haven't had Gucci since!LOL!

When I was 17, my mom bought me my first designer bag - a LV Musette Salsa (a shoulder bag w/ a flap). She told me that every young lady needs a nice bag, and she had been looking forward to this since I was little. It was my most prized possession for at least 2 years. 10 years later, and I still have it, though I've long outgrown it.

What she didn't know was that she was creating a handbag-obsessed monster. THANKS MOM!

When I was 17, my mom bought me my first designer bag - a LV Musette Salsa (a shoulder bag w/ a flap). She told me that every young lady needs a nice bag, and she had been looking forward to this since I was little. It was my most prized possession for at least 2 years. 10 years later, and I still have it, though I've long outgrown it.

What she didn't know was that she was creating a handbag-obsessed monster. THANKS MOM!

The Mulberry large East West Bayswater in Emerald <3

blog204.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->