Your fur style - please read thread guidelines in post #1 before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
Moderators' Note: due to the frequency of off-topic posts in this thread, we have decided to state a few ground rules for what is and is not allowed here:

Thread rules:
  • The topic is your fur style--real fur, no fur, new fur, faux fur, vintage fur. All of these are welcome here.
  • Any and all innuendos or categorical statements about others with the same or a different fur style from yours are off-topic and therefore not welcome in this thread.
  • The tone of this thread is to be calm and dispassionate. If you are not calm on this topic, please do not post in this thread.
  • This thread is a discussion of style, and not a forum for convincing others of your point of view, whatever it may be.
-------------------------------------------------

Just wondering how many of you own and wear fur. I used to think that fur was so luxurious and pretty... but now I own two chinchillas as pets.. and recently visited a pelting factory (for a leather class I was taking) and did NOT like what I saw.

Opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own any fur, but I would wear it - I find it sort of contradictory to eat meat (given the state of slaughterhouses) and yet refuse to wear fur :unsure:
but maybe that's just me

Well.. people dont eat chinchillas really... maybe not even muskrats...

On the other hand, Leather is a by-product of the slaughterhouse.. when the cow is killed they use all of what is left over... whether it be with leather... or an ingredient in dog-food.

I just find is sad that thousands of very soft and cute chinchillas are used to make up lil' kim's fur closet.

b2.jpg

may07a.jpg

soda3.jpg

as we have had very similar TOPICS in th epast, i advise everyone to keep to their opinions in a discrete manner... :flower:

we do not want this topic to get out of hand or even be locked! :ninja:

thank you :wink:

I wish I could say that I did not own any fur, but I must admit the truth. Being a vegetarian it is completely hypocrytical of me and simply horrible, but I actually have a piece trimmed with fur in my closet. I found this beautiful red suit dress from the 1950s with black fur trim at a vintage clothing show. My sister, who is also a vegetarian made me promise at the time that I would only buy the piece if I later replaced the real fur with fake. Whether because of lazyness or a repressed love of fur I still have not made the change months later. I feel terrible about this whenever I think about it, and my sister still holds a grudge about it the issue. I do have to admit that I love the feeling and look of real fur and I really wish I didn't. Well, at least it's out now! :cry:

I have a winter jacket lined in weasel/sheep fur... That's all.

no fur here

I like the look sometimes, but faux furs can be really pretty as an alternative.
I do not like the look of a full mink coat(or whatever fur it may be). I just like wraps or stoles.

No way would I kill an animal in the name of fashion. It just seems evil, the poor stupid furry woodland animal died just so you could feel pretty, plus it's rather icky- you're wearing something's skin. God knows what it rolled in when it was living.

I want a pet chinchilla! They bathe in dust! :heart:

I don't and wouldn't wear fur. It's bad enough that I'm a leather-wearing (limited to shoes, bags, and belts) vegetarian. However, leather is practical for me. Fur is not. I consider it pretty decadent/wasteful, plus I think fur coats make men look like pimps and women look thick as linebackers. But if someone else wants to wear it, that's their own business, and I realize that my personal politics aren't going to lead to the dismantling of the fur industry anytime soon.

Chinchillas are great pets. So incredibly soft.. and yea the dust bath thing is very entertaining! They run around and do crazy flips and stuff off of walls... crazy little beasts. :D

Wearing animal skins for clothing is one of the oldest forms of fashion. In todays society with all of the other options it is no longer neccisary. To me people that wear fur is sort of like people driving suv's (if you absolutly need it out of necisity and you can justify it i think its ok, but most cannot so they do it just to show off) If I lived in the wild I would kill another animal eat it and wear the skin as a garment, but I dont so I wont.

I did have an idea to make a coat out of cats and dogs that were put to sleep by the animal shelter - seams like such a waste- they just go into dumpsters. Imagine a luxurious golden retriever coat .....well most people I told thought it was horrible so it will probabbly never get made.

Originally posted by HBoogie@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 1:25 pm
I want a pet chinchilla! They bathe in dust! :heart:

OH, how sweet! :blush: :heart:

No, I don't wear fur. It's completed impractical for the climate I live in, and I just don't like the idea of it in general. I'm with Boogie though, I won't judge anyone else for their decision to wear/endorse it :flower:

I don't own a lot of fur, but it keeps me warm and it's really soft and nice to touch... I only have fox and rabbit though, that I know of

I do not own and fur, and I will never, ever wear it. Leather is practical because it uses the rest of the animals that we kill to eat anyway. However, when you kill a poor little rabbit, or chinchilla just so you can look good, it's a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->