Fur in your wardrobe (posting requires reading thread guidelines)

^^ I adored that Balenciaga coat! Some of the fur pieces here are stunning, others are hideous. It's a shame that so many of them seem to be fur for fur's sake.

my aunt had the same problem with her fur coat, i think it was uncorrectly preserved, the best way to keep fur during warm days is in a cold storage place or with a fabric sac that covers its, my mom´s coat was covered with a fabric sac, next to my aunt´s uncovered coat, my mom´s is still in very good condition and my aunt´s rips every time you manipulate it, although it still looks good on the outside, when you touch it feels like paper, i´m not a fur expert, but once a class mate dyed a fur collar and it also dried to this paperish texture and i told her to rub cream or something oily on the leather side, so she did and it recovered, although not entirely, it´s natural movement, but it was a collar, not a full coat, so it looks like a really poor tip.

good luck.

that is why furs have to be stored a certain way...
as far as i know...
once the PELT(skin) is dried up...it just cracks and cracks and eventually just disintegrates completely...
you find this very often with vintage fur...

there is not way to rememdy this...
as far as i know...
sorry

i found this thread and i wonder if it will continue for fall 2006´s furs, wich also showed some amazing fur creations, here are my favourites:

00080m.jpg

i absolutelly adore this chinchilla coat by Chado Ralph Rucci, the cocoonish silhouette is so cool, and so is the color, that´s what i love about Rucci´s furs, they are classic but always with a small twist that makes them great, i will take the scarf away though.

11m.jpg

i also loved this coat from Fendi, great colour and shape, my favourite part is the detail on the shoulders.

00310m.jpg

absolutelly magnificent, Donatella always show some great fur options, but this time she outdid herself, the texture of it is beyond beautiful, and so is that black velvety color.

00060m.jpg

00110m.jpg

Cavalli did great too, i loved that dark green dyed chinchilla coat on Julia with that fox helm, very retro looking and Italian, i also loved those trims on his silk coats inspired by "memoires of a geisha" and Paul Poiret, if i was a rich woman i will totally buy one.

00440m.jpg

Sonia Rykiel always makes this sort of coats, i love that patern, classic and timeless French chic.

Pics: style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
in case this thread was exclusively reserved for fall 2005´s furs, here are my personal favourites from that season:

Versace:

00240m.jpg

amazing and original, i loved the powdery color, the mixture of textures and black contrasting detailing, my absolute fall 2005 favourite.

Fendi:

00300m.jpg

for me it had two standouts, first this great dyed chinchilla coat, as you can see i love chinchilla fur, i admire it´s unique texture and colouring and the tones one can achieve by dying it, it´s odd how nature is so perfect and us humans celebrate its beauty.

00450m.jpg

this second one is totally unnecesary and i would have never, even if i had the money, payed it´s cost, but that is one of my favourite colors, so is a tone issue here.

Balenciaga:

00060m.jpg

00180m.jpg

as many posted here before, Nicolas showed fantastic fur items that season, i was hoping to see more exotic fox this fall but insted we had some great brocades.

that must have been the reason it was at lohemanns in the first place.

dont people store fur in cedar closets? or some other woods

Dior thanks for the great pictures i am actually looking for a fur coat similar to Versaces first picture!I love it.I alredy saw it and loved itI have one and i love it,i always loved fur.

I have a fur coat similar to this one but not quite the same!:P
Can someone post the furs from Julien M. collection i saw a lot of great ones!:P
Credit:Style.com!

00120m.jpg

Emil said:
Dior thanks for the great pictures i am actually looking for a fur coat similar to Versaces first picture!I love it.I alredy saw it and loved itI have one and i love it,i always loved fur.

your welcome :flower:

by the way, if you are looking for a fur coat and you loved Versace´s one, why don´t you ask at Versace if they have it, or if they can bring it to you, wouldn´t that be like a small dream come true? ^_^

-----------

there are indeed plenty of fur looks at Julien Macdonald as usual this fall, as far as i know, his suppling a big and increasing demand in countries like Russia, all pictures, elle.com:

http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061034564044.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061034593000.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061035021589.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061035055971.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061035087307.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061035148712.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061035265008.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061035331121.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061035343692.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2006/Q1/021520061035396989.jpg

i have to say that i´m not a big fan of Macdonald´s work, in general and regarding fur, most of them dont look designed enaugh, i don´t know if i think that because i read that interview or not, but they look made only to suply his costumer´s need and not to transmit or express anything beyond look at me i´m rich, specially the one on picture 8, way to jlo.

how could i forget!!!

00230m.jpg

fall 2006 had great fur news, and so i got mixed up and forgot to remember gucci´s purple dyed silver fox jacket on gemma, very vintage looking with two little twists, first, it´s striking colour, and second, that bell-bottomed sleeve, small changes that give much of an edge. (picture: style.com)

foto11.jpg

foto18.jpg

Christophe Decarnin also worked the bell-bottomed sleeve on shorter lenght fox furs at Balmain, that creates an interesting silhouette for his first collection at that house. (pictures: aufeminin.com)

After I sw this one video on the internet about how the process of fur collecting really works, I could never dare buy anything made by just fur. I can't stop other people from wearing it.. it's just my preference that's all.

^ Cedar protects against moths, carpet beetles and so on naturally; insects don't like the smell. Heat and storage in plastic are typical things that dry out leathers/furs.

playwithJoycee said:
After I sw this one video on the internet about how the process of fur collecting really works, I could never dare buy anything made by just fur. I can't stop other people from wearing it.. it's just my preference that's all.

you must probably be talking about that peta video from fur farming in China, where they slaughter, beat and skin live foxes and roccons while they are still alive, that´s really an inexcusable way to treat any breathing creature, i personally emailed saga furs talking about that video and expresing my concerns when it comes to ways of how to produce fur, their responce was that in China there are no fur farming regulations at all, but in finland, where fur farming is one of the country´s main activity, there are rules about fur farming, the way you treat the animal when is alive depend on the final fur quality, if the animal lives an stressful live, its defences decreace and its hair quality will not be as ordered or soft as the one on carefully treated ones, (for example in chinchilla farms, the breader shout keep a radio all day long for the little animals to get use to noise, and there for not freak every time someone gets inside, they aren´t forced to reproduce, because one male can have 5 females at a time, two times a year, in a space that instead of dust have marble dust for them to bathe).
----------------------------
a copy of the mail from Saga Furs:

Thank you for contacting Saga Furs.

I understand your concern and appreciate your awareness. In general, I believe it is a very good thing to maintain consumer awareness in all aspects of our consuming, i.e. food, living, apparel etc.

Regarding Saga Furs I can assure you the skins we represent come from farms with very high ethical standards to fur farming – and what you have seen in the video clip you mentioned in your mail is not the way that the fur farmers we represent take care of the final stage of the process. And we simply cannot imagine that anyone would be able to carry out such an evil action to an animal.

To answer your specific question: mink are killed by CO or CO2 in an air-thight box (they are taken from the cage and put directly in a box for this purpose – a few seconds later the animal is dead). Foxes are killed by electrocution and die instantaneously.

To round things up, confidence in a product/label is important and that is actually the essence of the SAGA branding. The SAGA brand represents a quality system, that starts on the farm while the animals are alive, and the quality system is also the pelting, sorting, grading process – all stages until the skins are sold at the auction under the SAGA brand and hence sold as garments also under the SAGA brand (label)/information hang tag.

On Finnish Fur Sales web site, www.ffs.fi, you can find more detailed information regarding fur farming.

Best regards,
SAGA FURS

j´adore dior said:
your welcome :flower:

by the way, if you are looking for a fur coat and you loved Versace´s one, why don´t you ask at Versace if they have it, or if they can bring it to you, wouldn´t that be like a small dream come true? ^_^

-----------

there are indeed plenty of fur looks at Julien Macdonald as usual this fall, as far as i know, his suppling a big and increasing demand in countries like Russia, all pictures, elle.com:

i have to say that i´m not a big fan of Macdonald´s work, in general and regarding fur, most of them dont look designed enaugh, i don´t know if i think that because i read that interview or not, but they look made only to suply his costumer´s need and not to transmit or express anything beyond look at me i´m rich, specially the one on picture 8, way to jlo.
Thanks fo all the coats.I agree with you they do look a little i am rich and i flaunt it!But i like some of them!
I really like that Versace coat and i would have to check first how much it costs.Designer furs are crazy expensive,well some of them.But yeah it would be a dream!:flower:

Edit: Please do not quote pics.

And....

I love this Derek Lam scarf (mink) for fun .................
lmb033.sized.jpg

but for a little sophistication ..............

Julian McDonald -

JMacDonald_WCFFW06_0146.sized.jpg

Lowew - (mink)

LOEWE_WCFFW06_107.sized.jpg

Valley (mink)

VALLEY_WCFFW06_424.sized.jpg

and

VALLEY_WCFFW06_101.sized.jpg

All above pics form Sagafurs - form where you can get very LARGE pics of many many shows (I very much recomend it)

http://catwalks.sagafurs.com/album252

I looooooooooooooove fur, I usually have synthetic but theres nothing like the feeling of real fur

I love big flowing golden butteryy fur coats

Hi everyone :smile:

Simple question, during my last trip in Paris, going to the Révillon shop (I advise whoever loves fur to go there!) mzkes me want to buy something

My question is there: do you knows if the "Ermine" (don't know if the term is different if you talk about the fur only of the animal itself, that's a little white animal *during winter* associated with aristocracy) is authorized? I mean: can you buy that fur?

Thanks everyone :smile:

^ i think that it is, although it must be very exclusive, and i´ve never seen a full coat made from it, just accesories like capes, at Vuitton they had one on the runway during fall 2004, that wen stefani wore on a video clip, Dior haute couture had an ermine detail that was also worn by her and Valentino during his fall 2001 couture also showed a cape, so it is rarely seen on runways but at a place like Revillon (i did go there on my trip to Paris and as you said, wow!) wich is all about the finest furs it is likely to find ermine pieces, also fur comerce regulations on france had been re-established not so long ago, forbidding the selling or importation of non authorized furs like dog or cat (from China) so established labels wouldn´t risk their bussines by doing that, if they are offering it, it is because is authorized,
so buy safely ^_^ .

100040673.jpg
Valentino.

00390f.jpg
Vuitton.

00040f.jpg
Dior.

all pictures style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members