Your fur style - please read thread guidelines in post #1 before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it has been stated yet but there was actually an article in an issue of Vogue dedicated to detailing the process of the Fendi Gold furs.

I'm totally into fur for the fall/winter. I already have one faux mink jacket. I want some mor voluminous pieces (maybe fox). Can anyone post some links of places to look? (for faux or real)

Is there a rule for when it's appropriate to wear fur? (like you're not supposed to wear white after labor day)

IMHO, it should actually be cold :lol: Around here the older women (like in their 50s) break out the fur at 50 degrees, which I find ludicrous :rolleyes:

yea..that would be interesting actually.. :-O if there is a kind that you can wear when it's warm

I guess it is dependant on what you mean by breaking out the fur... I have started with some of my fur accessories and a fox fur gillet... but i'd say its still too warm for a full on coat. It depends what you are doing to and your reasoning for wearing the fur in the first place...

Like I dont just wear fur to keep warm... I wear it because I enjoy the luxuary and the look... I have a russian friend who wears fur stoles a lot at the weekends when out clubbing in Mosco as puerley a fashion statement... I'd love to wear them too here in the UK... but you just could not or the anti fur mob would attack you as there is so much agression at times to people wearing real fur never mind stoles which are a very graphic symbolisation of what many people hate about fur.

So I guess also if you are not doing a lot of walking... say going to be standing outside a lot and your like me and you dont tollerate the cold well... then why not crack out the fur in september if you feel the chill!

Oh seen an amazing black armani fur coat at the weekend... and a lovely black Joseph shearling... maybe have to add them to my I want that list!

WSG x

These are women one would expect to be having hot flashes ... I'm not sure they feel the chill. I always assumed the fur was purely a status symbol, and that they were wearing their fur coats the moment they thought they wouldn't burn up doing so.

IMHO, it should actually be cold :lol: Around here the older women (like in their 50s) break out the fur at 50 degrees, which I find ludicrous :rolleyes:

LOL, I wouldn't do that. ^_^ I have a short jacket so I think it would be ok starting next week. I'm going to Opera so I'm gonna wear it anyway. :shock:

I guess it is dependant on what you mean by breaking out the fur... I have started with some of my fur accessories and a fox fur gillet... but i'd say its still too warm for a full on coat. It depends what you are doing to and your reasoning for wearing the fur in the first place...

Like I dont just wear fur to keep warm... I wear it because I enjoy the luxuary and the look... I have a russian friend who wears fur stoles a lot at the weekends when out clubbing in Mosco as puerley a fashion statement... I'd love to wear them too here in the UK... but you just could not or the anti fur mob would attack you as there is so much agression at times to people wearing real fur never mind stoles which are a very graphic symbolisation of what many people hate about fur.

So I guess also if you are not doing a lot of walking... say going to be standing outside a lot and your like me and you dont tollerate the cold well... then why not crack out the fur in september if you feel the chill!

Oh seen an amazing black armani fur coat at the weekend... and a lovely black Joseph shearling... maybe have to add them to my I want that list!

WSG x

I want to wear a short jacket in October. I think that should be fine, no? I'm traveling in a few weeks and really want to bring my jacket with me. But I don't want to take up the room if I won't be able to wear it. . .

I would say it's def time now to break out the fur big style... in all ways shapes and forms... its got soooooo cold over the last two weeks... Winter is def upon us! I'd take your fur jacket as will look so chic!

^ Where I am it's raining, and I'm just able to wear a cardigan and velour pants (optimum mosquito coverage while gardening and dodging the raindrops). Definitely not fur weather here yet ... but francofille, check the 10-day forecast before you leave. If it's 50 degrees or less, the ladies here say go for it :P

i was born in the UK but my parents are italian. it's definitely true that europeans are far more accepting of fur than people here. i wore fur 'til i was a 15, then i switched to faux for a while... PETA propoganda and the pressure from my peer group got to me. these days i wear real fur but only the pieces i already owned and vintage pieces i inherited from my mother and grandmother. i don't think i would ever buy anything new, but never say never.

for the first time I'm really drawn to incorporating some fur into my wardrobe..

it all started with a faux fur vest I saw at Zara recently.. i think i'm going to have to go back and snatch it. :ninja:

Hey

Not that im one for Faux fur but been so much of a higher quality in the shops im thinking I might buy some as its sooo much cheaper than the real stuff and the effects the same... although so not as light or as soft but nice still for the price...

What do you think of this coat... I love the look of it... tryed it on in a 12 and was too big but they have it in a 10 on line so might be tempted???

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Year...10846031&sr=1-24&mnSBrand=core&rh=n:310846031

Welcome your thoughts... should I just stick to real fur or make the move to faux too???

WSG x

WSG - I saw it in my local M&S the other day. I'm not a fan [I would prefer it if there were no stripes on the bottom]...and for the price you could pick up a nice vintage fur coat? I've seen some good faux fur coats online, but there is such a big difference I am guessing when you see them irl.

WSG - I saw it in my local M&S the other day. I'm not a fan [I would prefer it if there were no stripes on the bottom]...and for the price you could pick up a nice vintage fur coat? I've seen some good faux fur coats online, but there is such a big difference I am guessing when you see them irl.

Yeh I so get where you are coming from about going vintage and getting the real mccoy! Im thinking im a real fur girl the more I think about it... I dont do fake anything so why start now just because im a bit broke and cant afford a nice real fur coat from new... second hand or ebay might be the way to go!

I must say the horizontal stripes where something I actually loved about the coat...but yeh the fabric is nice for faux... but thats what it is faux!!! Just not as light and soft as real fur and cant see it being as warm... How's you btw... give me a pm soon... we must catch up... what you been buying??

WSG x

I'm still in awe of fur and would love to own at least once piece I think I'd opt for vintage though.

Just quick observation when I was in NYC it appeared that fur was alot more socially acceptable; I came across more places selling fur and saw more people wearing it then I have my whole life in London!

Swithering again with buying a faux fur coat.... there are soooo many on the UK high st just now... and have to admit although a little heavy are soooo starting to look nice... god even in new look!

Anyone else been coat shopping in the UK recently, it's hard to find a coat thats nice that is not fur... I felt sorry for my mate on Sat... we where out shopping and she just hates fur... not for any anti fur reasons she just does not like the look or the feel ( which I so dont get a I find it sooo feminine and think it feels and looks amazing on all women) I told her I think she must be the only woman in the world! Anyway she was looking for a nice coat that was not fur and found nothing!

Are high st's in other countries apparet from the UK the same???

WSG x

I just love my old rabbit furries on a cold day and faux just isnt the same. I agree there are some better ones about & I got a faux fur gilet last year that looks fine unless I wear it under a real fur coat, then it looks extremely faux (pas). Real fur just feels nicer and rather than put the gas fire on during the evening, I put one of my fur coats round me. Its so comforting & saves on fuel bills!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->