Your fur style - please read thread guidelines in post #1 before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a vegetarian, so I only do faux fur or vintage fur. I love the styles of vintage fur anyway, much more than modern fur styles. I'm trying to buy a little fur shrug or chubby on ebay.

Francofille.... you should so post those fur scarf's/ silk scarfs on here you PM'd me about the other day... loved them and sure others would too... just wish hermes themselves would cotton onto the idea!

Any other fur ideas anyone... im so wanting a new coat... been looking on ebay and seems some good bargains but there always seems something that puts me off!

Anyone bought a fur on here on ebay? Whats your experiance... I've only had bad so far with a scarf... and one good but that was ages ago with a fur wrap!

WSG x

I used to be against fur for myself, but I've turned sides in the past few years. First a dark brown rabbit vest I bought when I worked at BCBG and I LOVED. I've had it several years and it still looks like it will be in good shape for many years to come.

Then last winter I got a dark brown rabbit hat in Soho for $29! I love it but since it (and the vest) are made of long strips of pelt woven together, the hat has been getting some loops popping out of the weave and I keep having to pull them back through. It isn't sewn to any base layer so maybe I should add some knit fabric inside and just tack it all down if I can.

Also, two summers ago I interned at an UES boutique and in winter their main thing is amazing furs (but I worked there in the summer) and it gave me the bug to want a fur coat for myself anyway. But theirs are sooo crazy expensive, like $1000 is probably the cheapest thing if you want sleeves on it.

So this year I went to eBay and to William_St_Girl, yes it was a good experience. It was the first and only thing I ever got on eBay so it was kind of exciting, also getting the coat was exciting! It was a good experience to answer your question. It is short (like butt-grazing length) blue fox which isn't really blue but more of an oatmeal/cream color with a few flecks of black. It was only $50 and $25 shipping! I was deciding between that and a red one and I was the only bidder on the blue fox and won, the red ended up going up to $170 and they both started at $50! So I was lucky and I like the color better anyway. And it is vintage and has no signs of damage or use, just a tad old looking like on the label and the lining looks old but not worn.

About wearing fur though, I do often hesitate to wear the vest to school and the coat I have not worn to school but only out doing other things. I am sorta afraid people will be mad at me for wearing fur but I like it. Nothing else is as warm and soft, there is a huge difference in faux and real in how they feel and keep you warm. The rabbit items I can't feel too sad about since rabbits are not exactly scarce, and the fox(es?) that made the coat has(have) been dead for decades now, I'm just getting more use out of him/them.

Another thing, I am kinda paranoid about wearing the coat and getting bald spots like from sitting in the car or carrying bags, another reason not to wear the coat to school since my school bag is so heavy and I must wear it on my shoulder. Do you guys notice wear or anything from wearing your coats in the car?

I wore my extra-long fur scarf out today and then I realised it wasn't so cold so I just carried it. I liked the idea of just carrying something as an accessory so I plan to do this with other fur accessories like mink stoles that I can't wear but I can just have with me.. It's nice just to have them with me as a decadent plus.

Wsg-do you know of anywhere in Edinburgh where I can purchase fur? I'm looking for a fox fur scarf,but I haven't been able to find anything in Aberdeen. I have my Sister looking out for one in rural England,but I will be down in Edinburgh just after new year and wonder if I will have more chance of finding one there?!

I don't know why I have never posted in this thread before ^_^ I have 2 fur coats,both from my Mother,one bear and one mink :heart:and a pair of boots trimmed with rabbit fur,which have sadly been a little damaged by wearing them in the rain :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wsg-do you know of anywhere in Edinburgh where I can purchase fur? I'm looking for a fox fur scarf,but I haven't been able to find anything in Aberdeen. I have my Sister looking out for one in rural England,but I will be down in Edinburgh just after new year and wonder if I will have more chance of finding one there?!

I don't know why I have never posted in this thread before ^_^ I have 2 fur coats,both from my Mother,one bear and one mink :heart:and a pair of boots trimmed with rabbit fur,which have sadly been a little damaged by wearing them in the rain :(

Hey there... Sent you a PM... Like I said there is no where specific in edinburgh you will get fox... hope youve had a great new year...

Yeh rain and fur just does not go... which is an issue in Scotland...

Anyone get any fur for christmas???

I did!
I had a fur vest made of these gorgeous tibetan lamb pelts I found in a market, and it was finished just in time for Xmas :woot:

There is one fox fur scarf on ebay that I quite like the look of,complete with legs ^_^

got a faux fur leopard coat for christmas, it's lovely : )
i didn't use to like fur, it grew on me.

I am most definitely a vintage fur person myself. I have a few lovely scarves that I found for next to nothing and a cape with a matching muff. Also in my future at some point is a vintage Givenchy that belongs to my husband's grandmother, which she has said I can have at some point. It's long and gorgeous and even has a hood!!!

I am most definitely a vintage fur person myself. I have a few lovely scarves that I found for next to nothing and a cape with a matching muff. Also in my future at some point is a vintage Givenchy that belongs to my husband's grandmother, which she has said I can have at some point. It's long and gorgeous and even has a hood!!!

I sadly on one side... but happily on another have a few vintage furs to inherit too... I cant wait but I can!

My goal in life fur wise is to def have a dark or golden sable coat... some of the new ones comming out by russian designers at the mo are to die for!

Something like this... pic from flickr fashion group furlove!

Attachments

• 88f7270ade.jpg
    88f7270ade.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Cesare_Cioloini_2009_-_012.jpg
    Cesare_Cioloini_2009_-_012.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3
I have just about lived in my furs for the past month since we have had the snow and wouldn't have been without them. Have even had compliments from people who have previously not liked the idea of real fur as they are so practical for dry, cold weather and look so much nicer (to me, at least) than padded jackets, parkas, hiking coats etc. that so many people have been wearing.

^ I'm the same... Its been the coldest I ever remeber over the past weeks here in the UK!

WSG x

actually whoever lives or comes from italy will understand that owning a fur coat is the most common of things... even for the not sooooo wealthy
Leyla wrote this back in 2004. Ny wife is froom Northen Italy- the San Remo area on the Mediteranian about 15 miles from France and Leyla is right. I am not into fur for more thn one reason, but my wife has a fox fur jacket and 2 ocelot jackets and especially te ocelot fur is beutiful. She is careful where she wears them Oh she also hasa long fox coat.

P.S> SHe did inherit these coats and jackets.

So many typos!!! YIKES!!!!!!! I was at work... One of the mods edited it. I did try to stay in the rules of this controversial thread. Thanks Mod!!!! Sometimes I am a bit verbose...

I don't really see a difference between wearing fur and wearing leather shoes/bags/belts.

That said, I'm not a regular wearer of fur. I only have one fur piece, a vintage fox fur coat that my boyfriend bought for me. When he first gave it to me I was really torn about whether or not to wear it, but I've worked my guilt away slowly and now I'm learning to love it for the piece of clothing that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->