Your fur style - please read thread guidelines in post #1 before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see a difference between wearing fur and wearing leather shoes/bags/belts.

That said, I'm not a regular wearer of fur. I only have one fur piece, a vintage fox fur coat that my boyfriend bought for me. When he first gave it to me I was really torn about whether or not to wear it, but I've worked my guilt away slowly and now I'm learning to love it for the piece of clothing that it is.

I think a lot of men love to see women in fur... my husband bought me my first fur and I was a bit like you at first... then I got to adore fur... and happily buy and wear it all the time in the winter now... I think if you want to attract men and are young fur is a def good tool for most...

Im the same as you dont see any difference with it and wearing leather so dont have any issues with wearing it... in fact a bit of me likes that me wearing it annoys some of my friends...

any idea who to contact (in NYC) to fix old furs? over the years i've inherited or bought some old furs that have issues at the seams, tears, etc.? if you try to do it yourself it's difficult to mend cause the thread tamps down the ply of the fur.

I love fur, but not fake fur.

I have a full length white mink, and I am angry at the warm weather keeping me from wearing it after I finally took it from storage.
I always worry about wearing it because it seems so flashy, and I do not often. My in-laws gave it to me.

There is a vintage 3/4s cream mink in my closet too. I am replacing the lining now and have not worn it yet. It has fox trim, and I find it more flattering than my "nice" mink. Too bad it isn't brand new and soft, but is slightly stiff and not as nice quality. It was free though, so hey *shrugs*

My favourite way to keep my ears warm is with a knit rex hooded scarf. I have a knit mink scarf too, but it hasn't been worn because I mostly wore things that would clash since I bought it.

One of those is a vintage swing coat with a grey mink collar. It is just perfect!

Of course, I have a couple shearlings too, but always wear the cream 3/4 one and hardly ever the bomber or dark one.

Emma Peel, I would reccomend a place I went to, except they were pricey and did a poorer job than I when I had them do a little change to a shearling.
The fur places around 28th st and 7th would be worth checking out?
Maybe Ritz or Cowit... they both do repair I think.

Just watched the sex and the city box set... series 6 and the film this weekend... OMG how much fur... I adore the styles and coats they have... especially Carries in the film...

Does anyone know what type of fur scarf that is she wears in the sceene where she makes back up with Meranda after they had the big fight... It's lovely... looks so soft and a nice size... not overwhelming like a lot of them are!

WSG x

Just wandering if people are still donning their fur's this winter or is it getting to warm in your area now... It's still freezing here! Oh and what do ya think of wearing fur like this... I put this outfit together a few weeks ago and have had a mixed response!

WSG x

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 5
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1
^ Seen a couple of people with them on last night when I was out... looked a fine addition to their coats! Def something i might look into for next winter!

cant believe its still so cold this year... normally its only cold enough for fur for a few months... I love the summer but loving the winter just now too... love to wrap up!

William_St_Girl, love how your wore your fur! You look great!!

How I wish we had the four seasons where I am, so I can wrap up more..

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear fur - but only vintage. I don't want to support fur production. On the other hand I feel that throwing away an used fur is terrible waste - when well kept it can last few generations. So I've learned to repair and take care of those old ones...

I have two rabbit jackets (both very useful in Scandinavian winter) and one mink stole.

OMG I adore ZARA PHILIPS fur coat here... It is soo my fur style!!!

Can anyone ID it???

I'd so love to have one... can anyone ID it????

Attachments

• 97768729.jpg
    97768729.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 97768737.jpg
    97768737.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 97768775.jpg
    97768775.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 97768782.jpg
    97768782.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2
No fur for me; vegetarian.

However I respect the right of others to wear whatever they wish. :D

It's finally got too hot to wear fur here in the uk...

... or so I thought till yesterday when I seen this woman walk down the street in the most rediculous fur... It was massive and had a HUGE... I MEAN HHHUUUGGGEEE colar on it... something out an awful 80's film...

God I love fur... but her fur style sucked... I much prefer the way younger girls wear fur generally than older women.

Is there anywhere out there where its still cold enough for wearing your furs???

just bought an arctic reindeer pelt, the only one in the country. most beautiful silver and white coloring.
cannot wait to turn it into a long draping vest.

^ WOW sounds and looks amazing from the pic in your PM....

Will be so destinctive as its the only one in the country! WSG xxx

Fur purse! Gonna get it.
372055489_tp.jpg

ebay

Hey I love that purse! Who is it by? Did you get it? and what fur is it...

Im thinking about a fur bag for this winter comming too... i'd maybe like something mixing tweed and fur or leather and fur...

WSG x

Does anyone have any advice for buying fur coats?

I grew up in Arizona where there's no need for fur coats, but I live in Chicago now. It is so cold here. Last year I bought a rabbit fur hat and in changed my life. The fur hat made everything so much warmer. It made -5 degrees feel like 20 and it made 10 degrees feel like 40. I would highly recommend anyone who lives in colder climates to buy one.

Because my fur hat worked so well I've decided I definitely want to buy a fur coat. I care a lot about animal rights. I eat meat, but only about twice a month and in those cases I only eat meat where I know how the animal was raised and how the animal was slaughtered. I have a relative who lives in Berlin, Germany and she has inherited coats that were made in the Weimar area. I figure if I buy one fur coat and use every day during the winter for 40 years, I am affecting the environment in a less negative way than if I keep on buying wool coats (which you have to replace every four years or so), or worse, coats made out of synthetics.

I've tried to buy fur coats in the past, but it seems sales people here are clueless. Once, I told my salesperson I wanted a coat like "Kate Moss" and the sales person didn't know who that was. It is important to me that I find a fur coat that is neither "aging" or "suburban." I'm 24 and I want to find a fur coat that looks age-appropriate and, yet is timeless. Originally, I wanted a fox coat, but the sales people I talked to told me that fox ages poorly because it sheds. Sales people have told me that mink ages the best, but I feel dark brown mink is aging.

Last year, I decided I wanted a lynx coat. I tried several on, but they were too wild for me to wear to the office. I also considered buying a mongolian sheep coat, which I loved, but it was also to "wild" to wear to work. Right now, I plan on buying a knee length grey mink coat, which I feel is the right balance between "classic" and "aging"

I will probably buy a vintage coat, but I have hesitations, because I don't know what to look for in a good vintage fur coat. How do you tell if a fur coat is well made. For a vintage coat, how do you tell if the fur is high quality. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Does anyone have any advice on how determine if a fur coat is in good quality?

:buzz:

I am getting a new fur for my birthday in 3 weeks!! My Mum has inherited another bear fur and wants to give it to me as the winters up here are a lot harsher than where she lives. How can I refuse?! Photos will be up as soon as I get it! Yaaaay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->