Your fur style - please read thread guidelines in post #1 before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

It's the ruffles on the shoulders and the belt i'm not so sure about... Love that coat otherwise... looks a nice fresh design.. and love the sleve ruffles!

Just back from Italy and Greece... loved the open fur boutiques all over the county... you would so not get such openess about selling fur accepted in the UK. It was nice to see and def think it would be so much better as a uk resident if we had the choice available to us to shop openly for fur... For me I think its a shame as I cant openly discover my fur style by trying things on to see if I adore them or not!

I loved the off the peg ranges including fur from Stefanel and Max Mara I seen too!

WSG

I love what Fendi does with fur and the fact they are always experimenting and pushing the material forward, Ralph Rucci aso always explore furs on his collections and although his clothes are very classic, he always propose new silhouettes with fur wich I find very appealing.

The international fur trade federation has a partner website called fur-style, where you can find and see all fur styles from the catwalks of all major fashion captails.

Here is the link: http://www.fur-style.com/

Thanks for that link... will def look at that for now and the future... not got time just now but looks the ideal site for me to get style ideas... I love the modern use of fur rather than the more traditional...

WSG X

Though - looking at some images on that site - when fur deviates too much from its 'original' texture and shades, I don't find it appealing at all.

I do think it's inherent in human nature to find fur attractive (whether or not you approve of the wearing) but when you start moving towards the sort of textures and finishes that appear more like plastic fibres and in crazy colours, it might be experimental but it also somehow removes the appeal for me.

Though - looking at some images on that site - when fur deviates too much from its 'original' texture and shades, I don't find it appealing at all.

I do think it's inherent in human nature to find fur attractive (whether or not you approve of the wearing) but when you start moving towards the sort of textures and finishes that appear more like plastic fibres and in crazy colours, it might be experimental but it also somehow removes the appeal for me.

I so agree with what you are saying in terms of the real experimental furs... uv maybe taken me originally out of context... what I meant was that I adore the modern jacket shapes ... Im not to up for texture changing and crazy colours... love natural colours... but like you def agree for me anyway... fur is naturally attractive!

what fur styles do you like yourself?

^ Fendi's furs are always amazing. The 24K gold furs from 08-09 spring to mind.

I was going to use that example!!

That technique in mind blowing, but I´ve never had the chance to see it in real life, this season they used white gold, did you notice?

I love the look and feel of real fur. However, as a Londoner I find it difficult to justify and to wear with a clear conscience because even if I equate it with meat-eating (of which I do very little) and leather wearing I know that by wearing and buying it I will offend and upset a lot of people. I feel that if I had been bought up in central Europe, I think I would feel very differently and would have happily worn fur. I currently live in Paris and there's a lot more fur worn here - and it is available at a whole range of price levels. You can get it cleaned and stored at almost any local pressing whereas in London there are very few places that sell or clean furs now days - its almost like its considered a "dirty" industry in the UK. It's funny because when I look at photographs of my grandmothers and great grandmothers they were always seen to be sporting a pearl grey mink or a fox fur stole.

I love Basso chinchilla btw, he does remarkable furs IMO - possibly the best around.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Seeing winter's collection, Dennis Basso isn't my personal fur style; it's way too much. It almost loses it's exclusivity.
Though I am intrigued to see how it moves.

I was going to use that example!!

That technique in mind blowing, but I´ve never had the chance to see it in real life, this season they used white gold, did you notice?

Did they?? I had no idea - I hoped they'd use it again as I thought such a unique and secret technique shouldn't just be archived and forgotton.
This collection is in my top five of the season.

00350m.jpg
00530m.jpg

01460m.jpg
01490m.jpg

01540m.jpg
00070m.jpg

Fendi is my fur style; during these times when the luxury of fur seems to be trivialized by the fur market desperately trying to sell, Fendi is going one up with hyper-luxurious 24ct gold covered furs, so the mega-rich will never have to feel like a very-rich.

style.com

the third pic you posted has white gold on sheared mink, I think I read it on style. com

Im with you when it comes to Fendi, It´s always one of the shows I am more eager to see comes fall collections, they have really lost all respect for this material in order to transform it into something completely new and exiting, and you can see those results on their boutiques, unlined minks, intricate fur nets, little fur rose apliqués, you get the feeling of had crafted when you see them up close.

Most furriers will never dare to do what they do, but yet again they have a wider international client list that allows them to explore without risquing too much loss, I once read Silvia Venturini saying they always think they are going to have to archive the most spectacular fur pieces each season because they would not sale, but always a wealty russian comes and gets it.

Last year Giambattista Valli created a fur collection for his own, it was rather classic, very wearable but oh so chic!, it was a glorification of your every day mink, I am very curious to see if they made one this year too, but they haven´t update his website yet and his people never answered my mail.

Does someone has any info about it?

is that little paragraph all there is for the article? at the bottom there's "read more / photo" but it doesn't give me anything really. there is also a dead link to a previous article on fur
:ermm:

^ Ya, I imagine it feeling sharp :lol:
gold can be pounded down into sheets and it becomes very fine and soft :smile:
but... i've felt cotton jersey shirts with a similar gold effect and although the drape/hand didn't change, it did feel different on the surface.. where the gold is, it feels like fine paper or tyvek rather than feeling the same as the jersey or whatever fabric it's on. so, i wonder if they improved the technology for these
i guess anyway it's nice and comfortable on the inside, the pelt might not be gilded

:heart::heart:

style.com
.... How's it done? Legendarily, Fendi has the handcraft no one else can muster, and now they've co-opted twenty-first-century science, using a secret process in which the fur is put into a molecular chamber that deposits gold particles onto the pelt while allowing it to remain silky. As it turned out, all the mink, fox, and astrakhan in the show that had a gold hue was treated with this technology, which, depending on the length of time spent in the chamber, gives the effect of an aura of light through to a thorough drenching. Fendi has tied up an exclusive on this—....

Thank you for that Valli article!!

I don´t know if his deal with moncler had anything to do with ciwifurs, I did see a chinchilla parka on this season´s mocler game rouge line from Valli though.

My avatar has a picture of a chinchilla cape i designed and made myself ^_^.

I love the look and feel of real fur. However, as a Londoner I find it difficult to justify and to wear with a clear conscience because even if I equate it with meat-eating (of which I do very little) and leather wearing I know that by wearing and buying it I will offend and upset a lot of people. I feel that if I had been bought up in central Europe, I think I would feel very differently and would have happily worn fur. I currently live in Paris and there's a lot more fur worn here - and it is available at a whole range of price levels. You can get it cleaned and stored at almost any local pressing whereas in London there are very few places that sell or clean furs now days - its almost like its considered a "dirty" industry in the UK. It's funny because when I look at photographs of my grandmothers and great grandmothers they were always seen to be sporting a pearl grey mink or a fox fur stole.

This post just shows how tricky it is to wear fur and enjoy fur in the UK... I agree with everything the OP said... except for my meat eating habbits of which I eat quite alot... but fur is seen as dirty in the UK... and it makes the likes of the OP or myself feel awful if wanting to wear it! It is rediculous as in a free society people should be free to wear as they please without being threatened by others opinions or thoughts.

I think for me the fendi stuff is possibly too far... genuine and luxurious fur is still expensive and you can so tell the difference between it and inferior poor quality fur... people who do enjoy fur including myself can still indulge in its luxuary as long as you are prepaired to pay for the design and material... otherwise you will get something cheap and nasty... but this is the same with any fashion genre or aspect. You will always get fakes and wanabees trying to copy at a fraction of the price and ending up looking shocking and having those in the know simply ridicule them!

WSG x

Whilst chating with a friend on here I came accross this girls blog... personally cant beieive she knows soo much about fashion at her age... but she seems very knowlegable...

Also more to the point... love her fur style and the fact she has really thought about why she wears fur and why she likes it... it's a killer look and a good read...

http://www.buythewaybythegirl.blogspot.com/

I hear the whole fox and other animal stoles are becoming big in 16-25year olds fashion in Scandinavian Eastern Block and Russian countries... a sort of bitchy ritch set look and the fur def compliments that sort of look in my opinion... Sums up the carefree and luxuary outlook this set will have...I think if I lived in Scandinavia or Russia rather than UK I'd be joining in the trend as really love the style.

What do you think???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frikandel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->