Pete Doherty (posting requires reading thread guidelines)

I need a new album, and where the h*ell did Spanish go????

Pete Doherty considering recruiting Carl Barat for Babyshambles
Doherty says he's got some songs he's struggling with

November 30, 2010

Pete Doherty has said he is considering getting his Libertines bandmate Carl Barat to help finish new material written with Babyshambles.

The frontman told Vogue Italia he is struggling to finish some new songs penned with Babyshambles guitarist Mik Whitnall, and could call on Barat to step in.

"There's a couple of songs at the moment that have been stuck on the treadmill for a while that I need to get finished," he said. "Two or three songs that are really strong that I've been writing with Mik."

He added: "I just feel that when they're finished it will be a new chapter. But they're really struggling to get out at the moment. I might even have to show them to Carl, because in the old days that's what we'd do. If I had a great idea I'd share it with Carl and inevitably something great would happen."

Although The Libertines haven't played together since their Reading And Leeds Festivals shows in August, Barat recently said he thinks they will regroup again in the future.

Watch the Vogue Italia video interview with Pete Doherty below.

nme.com

omg he reminds me of Ed Westwick at 0:22 :huh::shifty:
is it just me or getting what he's saying is quite a challenge? :ninja:
thanks anyway *ana* for posting it :heart:

about carl and pete, well in the end of the day, they're friends and music partners :blush:

Doherty denies Barat's album help
(UKPA) – 16 hours ago
Pete Doherty has laughed off reports he asked former bandmate Carl Barat to write songs for his new album but refused to rule out another Libertines reunion.
It was reported earlier this week that Pete, currently working on a new album with his band Babyshambles, was enlisting Carl's help but the star denied it.
He said: "I haven't heard that one. Carl's not in Babyshambles. Mind you, it's not a bad idea."
Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

the funny thing is - he did say that in the L'Uomo Vogue interview. it's in the video. lol

he has the sweetest speaking voice. I love it.

does anyone know when/where his jewelry collection will be available?

are you guys going to buy anything from his jewelry collection? :innocent:

oh I would've been slightly interested...

I just called the Joseph store here in NYC and they told me it was only in the UK. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
oh that kinda su*cks, but I guess it makes sense ...
Any pictures?

are you guys going to buy anything from his jewelry collection? :innocent:
no...

and if you click on the link i posted previously you can find pictures ("View pieces from Pete Doherty's new jewellery line").:wink:

He's gonna record a Christmas song with Big Pink, Billy Bragg, The Kooks and Enter Shikari. LINK.

Thanks for the information ckgirlbr :flower:
I really want to hear more from him, but I'm not sure about a Christmas song..didn't julian casablancas do the same?

it's been said he's to appear in a small-budget french movie with charlotte gainsbourg... palying alfred de mussett, speaking french:huh:
they start shooting on december 27.
as far as i know, the main source of this info is The Sun so, obviously, i kinda don't believe it until i see pictures.

it's been said he's to appear in a small-budget french movie with charlotte gainsbourg... palying alfred de mussett, speaking french:huh:
they start shooting on december 27.
as far as i know, the main source of this info is The Sun so, obviously, i kinda don't believe it until i see pictures.

its all over the internet, so i think its true... its nothing unexpected... well imo...

well, for me the weirdest part is pete speaking french during the whole movie... not that it's impossible, of course... that's what french classes are for after all.
another thing - being with charlotte gainsbourg, even though it's a small-budget film, it will be something bigger... i won't be surprised if he can act, but i'm still waiting for pictures!

from albionrooms.com
ok, no laughing at the back
Posted on 14 December 2010 by Peter

Today I had my first Waltz lesson, in preperation for the forthcoming film: ‘Confession d’un enfant du siecle’. My character must display natural grace and poise – as was expected of a young aristocrat and dandy of 1830′s French society. I was going to film the lesson, but it didn’t seem appropriate. The teacher was just as I had imagined – straight backed, horsewhip in hand, and a brutal perfectionist. What a day! O.k, and 1-2-3 4-5-6 1-2-3 4-5-6 1-2-3 4-5-6

Filming starts on 27th December. I hope they have allowed for overtime on the maskedball and waltzing sequences

a bien tot!-3-4-5-6 1-2-3-4-5-6

its all over the internet, so i think its true... its nothing unexpected... well imo...
I agree, not a great surprise. And for the French part I thought he already knew how to speak French, maybe not perfect but still..and maybe he doesn't have that many lines:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->