Pete Doherty (posting requires reading thread guidelines)

i guess he does, he's the male leading role... i don't doubt he can speak french, but one thing is to speak french - i can speak french - another thing is to play a french character, next to french actors, and convince people.
i'm still surprised. never thought i'd see him acting in a real movie. he has a very solid image as himself, as a rockstar, etc...it will be hard for some people to forget it's "the" pete doherty and simply "accept" he's being an actor, i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
he has a very solid image as himself, as a rockstar, etc...it will be hard for some people to forget it's "the" pete doherty and simply "accept" he's being an actor, i think.
Yeah I'm thinking it might be one of those movies for ppl who likes Pete :innocent:

another thing is to play a french character, next to french actors, and convince people.
Suppose he'll just mumble like he does IRL?

Yeah I'm thinking it might be one of those movies for ppl who likes Pete :innocent:

Suppose he'll just mumble like he does IRL?

omg, i loled like crazy .... good one!!!!
:lol:
i like pete's voice, its v. gentle...i dont care that he mumbles:lol:

Hey I didn't say anything about mumbling being wrong :rofl: But when he speaks like in interviews and stuff it's almost like he's talking to himself..I always have to focus to understand what he's saying :lol:

He'll always have Paris: Pete Doherty finds favour across the Channel as he makes acting debut in French movie

article13469460cbfb5f40.jpg

Top hat: Pete Doherty was sporting period costume to film an adaptation of 19th Century French novel Confession d'un Enfant Du Siecle on location in France

article13469460cbfb53a0.jpg
article13469460cbfd0a90.jpg

In vogue: The former Libertine, seen here filming in Bourg-en-Bresse, is said to be more popular in France than he is in the UK nowadays

article13469460cbfb7770.jpg

In the country: The former Libertines singer has been spending more time in France since he was banned by the UK courts from living anywhere in London
dailymail
full article here

i didn't even bother reading, to be honest. i bet they talk more about his problems than about the movie.:rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: those pictures are so funny..It doesn't even look like he's wearing a costume :innocent:

Seriousley I have no idea why but those pics crack me up every time :rofl: :lol: :clap: I can't wait to see the movie tho ^_^

Does anyone know what kind of connection Pete has to France?

I guess he likes french poetry ^_^ and have friends there (Irina Lazareanu ?)
And OMG I think he settled down in Paris ! I saw him on a particular street that I won't name and my friend saw him on the same street too :innocent:

it makes sense hes in France, English press was just awful to him...and French are liberal if u know what i mean....

behind the scenes...

from a recent interview with Hedi Slimane:
Your photographs of musicians and particularly the London music scene are well known. Do you find the same energy in the music scene today?
It is a really different time, of course. I documented and interacted with a scene that usually comes as a cycle every 15 or 20 years. I am not going to go through all of them as a demonstration, but everyone will get the picture. Punk rock ‘77, grunge ‘91, etc.

There are now, just like in other creative fields, in fact, newcomers that can have a hard time escaping the influence of the great bands of the early decade. The Strokes, the White Stripes, the Libertines led mainly the way for thousands of bands around the world. Besides, college teens in Paris or London and everywhere on the planet are still wearing Doherty’s hat (Pete’s influence is not yet perceived as it should be, and I have not one doubt to this day about his long-term relevance).
style.com via MissMagAddict in Hedi Slimane's thread

Pete's coming to where I live!! yay :buzz: just bought tickets..so happy :smile:

ELLE No.3401 (4 - 10 mars 2011)
Peter Doherty and Charlotte Gainsbourg by Emanuele Scorcelletti

ebook30 via Mirik

I'm loving all this, that's exactly how I see Pete in my head lol as a 19th century guy

wow, great pics :clap: :wub: :heart:
Thanks so much for posting :flower:
Can't wait to see the movie when it comes out.

The Junction, Cambridge - Sun 8th May 2011

lotssometimes.tumblr.com

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->