Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Man Repeller is getting called out again. Apparently she never realized that she grew up wealthy until last year and refuses to acknowledge her racism. Upper East Sider Realizes She’s Privileged

Here is the link to the podcast where she talked about her experiences

Wow. That was...a lot. Shocked Leandra agreed to this, but I guess that just further shows how wildly oblivious she is.

What an absurd claim - how can anyone claim they don't know if they are wealthy or not especially with her family's real estate and art holdings?

And why would the heir to the Duane Reade fortune be interested in marrying her if she and her family wasn't wealthy?

'Abie, I don't think I was poor growing up?!!??!' Oh, the horror.

I'm not one to bash those born with immense privilege on principle, but what annoys me most about Leandra (other than the whiny, neurotic Carrie Bradshaw thing she's got going) is her inability to see her privilege. Not just to not appear insensitive to others, but for herself. How can someone be this self-centred?
The fact that a stranger had to poke 3 times to get her to state when HER BUSINESS was at a good point? Ugh.

As for the matter of race, can't say I'm surprised. Nobody working in fashion media would be either. People simply have no idea how that line of thinking is enabled. Professionally, personally, and casually. There's simply no incentive to change your ways. Just click on her very recent IG post (eye-roll optics), and there it is. Top comment by Samira Nasr.... 'missed our falafel date'. For someone like Leandra to speak as she does during a professional interview, you can only imagine what goes down in her personal chats.

I didn't like the idea behind the intro. This is very common in contemporary journalism, the idea to spoonfeed narratives to the audience - whether it's good or bad. It makes people lazy to think for themselves.
It would really have been better to schedule it after the interview - that way the listener can form their own opinion and the interviewer can share the background and her thoughts.

What an absurd claim - how can anyone claim they don't know if they are wealthy or not especially with her family's real estate and art holdings?

And why would the heir to the Duane Reade fortune be interested in marrying her if she and her family wasn't wealthy?

Feigning ignorance/indifference to one’s own pedigree and wealth is a display of modesty, even humility to some heiress. Of course it all comes off so genuinely comedic cluelessness rather than humble: It’s like Lucille Bluth asking “How much can one banana be? …$10.00…??? And of course they rationale seems to be that they’re aware they’re wealthier than us mere working peasants, but when compared to some royalty from the ME, they’re the mere peasant.

(I still remember watching this interview with the exiled First Lady of the Philippines Imelda Marcos, where the poor thing was reduced to living in Manhattan— and apparently believing that slumming in a multi-million dollar brownstone and being chauffeured around the city with her own driver constitutes living in poverty. She even had her "sad face" on for the entire interview. It was like watching a middle-age woman living out Clueless LOL)

Feigning ignorance/indifference to one’s own pedigree and wealth is a display of modesty, even humility to some heiress. Of course it all comes off so genuinely comedic cluelessness rather than humble: It’s like Lucille Bluth asking “How much can one banana be? …$10.00…??? And of course they rationale seems to be that they’re aware they’re wealthier than us mere working peasants, but when compared to some royalty from the ME, they’re the mere peasant.

We also see this with Prince Charles and Princess Anne who periodically break out items that they wore in the 1970s that have holes/repairs in them. It's a cynical attempt to fool the public into thinking that the royals are "cost cutting".

Have you seen that people are saying that Anna doesn't like Bella simply because she just shook her hand instead of giving her a hug like she did the other person? They're saying that's why Bella never had a Vogue US cover!

No energy to listen to the podcast, but I find the article interesting. I guess it comes down to fear and comparing yourself to the (wrong) others. Epic fail on her parents' part not to expose her to anyone from whom she might possibly learn the truth. Lots of families volunteer at soup kitchens, and here's proof what a good idea that is. OTOH, I'm pretty sure she has seen homeless and less privileged people on the streets of NYC. Did she think they didn't get their allowance that week? It's literally impossible for me to imagine how one could achieve this level of cluelessness.

Have you seen that people are saying that Anna doesn't like Bella simply because she just shook her hand instead of giving her a hug like she did the other person? They're saying that's why Bella never had a Vogue US cover!

I don't think she doesn't like Bella. Bella appeared in numerous OG editorials in the magazine. Far less than Kendall and Gigi who have multiple covers, but she's there.

A British person sabotaging your career because not enough physical contact was made, what is life….:lol:

A British person sabotaging your career because not enough physical contact was made, what is life….:lol:

The rumour is absurd. Anna Wintour is currently editing two of the world's biggest and profitable magazines and yet some think she's got the time to sabotage a model's career? It's simply untrue.

^Right. Not using her doesn't take any effort at all, but I still don't think this is true.

She famously approves every single model who appears in the magazine and on the cover.
The ones who started the rumour will eat crow before 2021 is over.

For context, Bella did arrive far later at the Balenciaga show in question, where Anna merely shook her hand then immediately left the venue afterward, than any other guest, who she instead hugged… I assume she was short on time & annoyed that the house delayed the show simply to wait for Bella’s arrival, and that the isolated incident isn’t part of some bigger vendetta to blacklist her from the publication.

^^
So all this « talk » is about the Balenciaga show?
The person who hugged Anna is Kanye West, who hugged her after she shook his hand. She shook Lewis Hamilton’s hand too.

I’m sure the last thing she wants to do right now is hug someone…Even more at a public event with a bunch of people in there (even vaccinated and tested).

Megyn Kelly appears to be pressed over all the covers Naomi Osaka is getting at the moment....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->