Dressmaking Patterns

MrsK

Reaction score
I think this thread is in the right place :unsure:

It was to ask if anybody knows of any online stores who sell dressmaking patterns? And who also ship to the UK - if they are not already based there.

Thnx B)

sure...

i belive the mcall patterns co owns the main pattern names: mccalls, vogue patterns, butterick, and something...

www.mccall.com

but in all honesty, 90% of the patterns are targeted at a middle-class mature crowd so they are quite passe.

a word of advice, you can find amazing vintage patterns on ebay, but they're harder to work with, they don't have markings on them...:ninja:

If you buy paterns just buy basic simple patterns. When you start to understand the patterns it is really simple to make changes to the pattern and make the garment look how you want to make it look.... Or buy dressform that is your size... If you're doing clothes for you're self...

*Bump*

Basically looking for an update on what the original poster asked / if anyone knows anywhere online/in the world, where I can buy vintage patterns, particularly from Cristobal Balenciaga/his contemporaries?

Bumpity bump.

I agree that most commercial patterns are passé styles for middle-aged ladies, but we can always change them.

I guess Burda hasn't been mentioned. They all downloadable, some of them even free. And a few are younger, fresher designs.

http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store

If anyone knows of any other websites please do list them up. Thanks!

There are sometimes gorgeous vintage patterns in historical books about designers but they have to be drafted out meticulously in scale of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh awesome Caramel, thank you!!! I've already found a few I'd like to make <3 <3

Oooh, please share! I would love to see what you've found. :flower:

There are a lot of patterns on etsy too. I've seen really cool things like purses and stuffed animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jxxn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->