• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Getting ready before leaving the house ...

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 7 2004, 03:18 PM
2 hour people.......please explain what takes so long!
[snapback]358444[/snapback]​
I put my 2 cents on insecurity :ninja:

35 minutes to get ready for school (if you include waking up it takes longer) and only a little longer to get ready to go out. This is because I have a marathon beauty routine at night. :wink:

Work/Out during the day: 30 Minutes

Out at night: 45 minutes - 1 Hour

Normally, about 10 minutes. When I'm really laying it on, with a proper hairdo and makeup, maybe 30 minutes. If I am doing major, major things with my hair and makeup, like for a Goth-Night dance, it can take closer to an hour. Wild hairdos take a LOT of time.

Originally posted by purechris@Sep 7 2004, 11:39 AM
Wow! I feel very low maintence. It takes me 2 cups of coffee to wake up, but only about 20-30 minutes to get ready whether it's work or going out.
[snapback]358460[/snapback]​

Same here, and sometimes not even 15 minutes :blink: :lol:

^ i third that. since i reduced my makeup time, its been only taking me 30-15 min to shower eat and get dressed. and the time doesn't really change if im going out. :P

i'm a 2hour gal - for both scenario 1&2.
why 2 whole hours? :huh:

i looooove to take my time in the morning.... i love mornings and it's 'my time'.

Wake up, use the loo (did you need to know that), short devotions, short yoga (new addition to routine), get hooked up on the net to check weather and to and listen to BBC funnies while i'm making breakfast. Read while eating breakfast. Switch to music on the net. Hot shower 15min+.

i take a long time to actually get dressed b/c i go with how i feel + with the weather.. which is sooo wonky that it can take an extra long time to get dressed.. so that's another 25-30minutes (i usually go through 3 different options for clothing each day). Makeup takes about 10minutes. Hair, 5minutes tops.

Getting ready for something special.. it's not in the morning usually.. so the time normally taken up by lolling around and taking my time is used up by preparing for the event.. eating ahead of time. Again, getting my clothes worked out takes a long time... changing my mind, weather. Makeup's pretty much the same time, ditto for hair.

i think if i didn't take public transit/walk to work, i wouldn't take that long to get dressed... i depend on weather reports in crazy weather Toronto. yah.. i blame that. :rolleyes:

1 - It depends on my mood but usually around 10 minutes. Not including a shower and stuff like that.
2 - Around 20-30 minutes.

It takes me 25 min on average to get ready.The more time i spend
on getting ready,the worse it gets,so i just do it quick & easy.

Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 6 2004, 11:46 PM
I'm a guy...

1) One hour. I take really long showers in the morning to wake myself up and I move really slowly because I'm always so damn tired. If I was already awake, I'd be ready in five or ten minutes.

2) Since I'm already awake, maybe ten minutes.
[snapback]357981[/snapback]​
LOL, I'm exactly like you. I'm in slow motion in the mornings, and sometimes I fall asleep in the shower.

school : 20-40 minutes
some place special : 45 minutes +

(and that's with a shower)

- It takes me an hour for work

- Around 2-3 hours when going out.

It takes me so long going out because i'm very indecisive about what to wear and my make up has to be absoloutly flawless etc or i'm just not satisfied...sad, i know :lol:

To school: 10-15 minuts.
Some place special: 2 - 2 1/2 hour. But without doing enything to my hair 15 - 30 minuts.

How much thought do u put into dressing up? Do u plan them in your head the night before? Or do u all let u happen at the moment? How long do u take to get ready on a regular day (excluding big night out or parties?)

For me, when I had to head out to work Mon-Fri 9-5 (more 6am to 8pm), I don't take the time to enjoy and work my closet, just whip out what ever i feel like at the moment. Takes me abt 10-15 minutes to get ready. Now that I'm not working full time, I'm taking the time to plan and enjoy putting an outfit together based on what message I want to send out for the day, sometimes the message is 'I dont give a sh*t', or 'I need love' or 'I'll here to solve world hunger' or ' the world is doomed' :wink: . Now takes me 30-45 minutes to get ready. I'm loving the process of putting together an expression for the day and there are many many days ahead to try and experiment. I also notice the weather kinda affect my mood and fashion sense.

During the week my clothes are covered up by a lab coat anyway, so I just sling anything on in the mornings, takes me about 10 mins to get dressed and off I go.

At weekends or in the evenings I normally have a general idea of what sort of image I want to give out.
For example, on Monday night I'm having a meal with a friend, so I'll plan what to wear this weekend, try a couple of different outfits on.
Plus sometimes its fun to try different combinations and play dress up :D

i would really like to know this as well...
how long do people spend getting ready in the morning?...

my schedule varies every day....
so my 'getting ready' varies a lot too...
but i am always wondering how long it takes people to get ready in the morning...

very interested to hear some responses here...:flower:

15-20 minutes. Sometimes more because last minute I'll decide I hate my outfit, so I'll go desperately looking for a different shirt.

I used to be able to get ready in about 5 minutes flat but nowadays it's complicated.

5 minute shower
5 minutes to stumble around my room and throw on the clothes that won't mess up my hair
5 minutes to shave
5 minutes to put the rest of the clothes on (tie, jacket, boots, etc)
5 minutes to style my hair
1 minute to apply cologne

total: 26 minutes

For some reason it always seems like longer, especially when I'm in a hurry! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->