Getting ready before leaving the house ...

model_mom

Reaction score
I know this all depends on where your going, if your a girl or a guy or if you accessorize a lot. How long does it take you to get ready? This is a two part question:
1. to go to work or school
2. to go out some place special

edited to add...
How much thought do you put into dressing up? Do you plan them in your head the night before? Or do you all let it happen at the moment? How long do you take to get ready on a regular day (excluding big night out or parties?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a girl, and with shower, blow dry, makeup, and outfit selection... it comes to a total of one hour for school.

To go some where special, it varies between 1-2 hours, because you have to throw in nails, and usually an appointment at the salon.

Work - 15 minutes or so. :lol:

Somewhere special - including hair, makeup and dress... 2 hours? :blush:

x. School: 30 minutes.

x. Going out: 90 minutes or more.

not very long really

I take my shower 1-2 hours before bed. It helps me relax and I can spend time getting my hair straight. when blowdrying. This cuts down on getting ready time because otherwise, I'd shower, and then sit for 30 minutes or so, letting my hair dry a little before putting a blowdryer to it.

So to go out, I really just have to throw on some clothes and shoes, put on powder, lip gloss and mascara, put on deodorant, brush my teeth, make sure my stuff is in my bag I want to use and fix my hair (which is easy to do since it's short) - so usually about 15-20 minutes at most

It depends ... if I'm going out, I may get a wardrobe crisis and change 3000 times and it may take like an hour and a half :wacko:

I'm a guy...

1) One hour. I take really long showers in the morning to wake myself up and I move really slowly because I'm always so damn tired. If I was already awake, I'd be ready in five or ten minutes.

2) Since I'm already awake, maybe ten minutes.

School or Work- an hour
Goin Out Somewhere- depends..if Im being rushed an hour n some mins if not then 2-3 hours

If for everything as in shower, shave, etc. then about 2-3 hours including bath, etc.

I am male.

Beau Brummel the famed dandy would after completely bathing, and shaving would then take another 2 hours to pluck out each hair that missed the blade, and then do his cravat with the aid of his valet.

His valet would recall a pile of cravattes waist high one morning after several vain attempts.

1. 30 min
2. depends. anywhere from 20 min to 'all day' (6 hrs +) .....

school/work - 30 minutes max

going out, 30 mins- 35 mins (it used to take me longer but when i realised that the less is more rule REALLY is true.....i cut back on some things)

for school, etc, it takes me about 35 minutes or less, but never more.

for going out, usually about the same, but it depends on where I'm going. if it's a ball or something really important, probably an hour.

work/schooll 30 m. minimum
to go somewhere about 2 hours

my summer job, which is nothing glamorous- 10 minutes. i wake up, throw on clothes, out the door

school- an hour

going out- a hour

the thing that takes the most time is trying to find something to wear! for school i usually pick it out the night before which helps a ton

how can getting ready take 2 hours?

2 hour people.......please explain what takes so long!

Wow! I feel very low maintence. It takes me 2 cups of coffee to wake up, but only about 20-30 minutes to get ready whether it's work or going out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->