• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Getting ready before leaving the house ...

it takes me soo long :ermm:

5 min to realize that the radio is playing and I really have to get up
5 min trying to get up, stumbling around and putting the blinds up - getting shocked by sunlight
5 min making coffee - getting shocked that already 15 min passed
15 min shower & brushing theeth & make up & hairstyle + thinking about what I'm going to wear
10 min getting dressed in a hurry( so long because I usually have to search for some special shirt or it simply doesn't look good and I have to change)
5 min - checking content of handbag and wheter I got everything I need for work/uni

- makes 45 min!! and sometimes even longer :(

sometimes I think about what I'm going to wear the day before and even try on new combinations etc

usually an hour because I have a bath every day...it takes me 10-15 mins to do my makeup and another 10-15 mins to do my hair. ....I also try & clean the hous ea bit before I go out in the morning

on a saturday like today it takes me at least two hours

Since I don't work and I normally sit around in bummy clothes if I do have a place to go or dress up for, it is a huge affair. I usually start planning the outfit a day in advance, sometimes by trying several outfits on in front of the mirror. This is all subject to change that day of course. All in all it probably takes me less than an hour to get ready (clothes, hair, makeup) but I do make a pretty big deal out of it since I'm usually at home taking care of a four year old. Btw-this could be anything from going to the mall, visiting family, or going out to lunch. :D

I wear school uniform during the day, which saves the hassle of wardrobe planning ... am going to college next year, can't wait!!!

On weekends, I am ready in about an hour, am pretty low-key maintenance.

On a usual morning:
20 min to wake up, cook and eat breakfast
10 min to shower, shave and do hair
10 min to get dressed and pack my bags

When I sleep in and am running REALLY late:
3 min to shower and shave
4 min to get dressed and pack my bags
And out the door with some muesli bar hanging out of my mouth :lol:

probably not long enough...

I'm a student and very busy so I don't like to fuss. Hair in a ponytail, mascara and chapstick is basically it... I shower at night, not in the morning. Then I just pull on some jeans and a tank and go go go...

I always admire people who put more effort in than I do, but for whatever reason I find it intimidating to be more elaborate...

10 mins in the shower
10 mins drying my hair&brushing my teeth
5 mins getting dressed
15 min doing my makeup
20 mins reading the paper

That's...an hour. :doh:

i have my morning routine down to a fine art . . . .
frm waking up to leaving the house . . down to exactly 20 minutes . foolproof ! :lol:
my alarm is set for 1/2 hr before i need to get up . . . snooze button :heart:

* my thought process in the morning . . .
straight in the shower . . brush teeth / contacts
moisturiser & perfume . pick out clothes + dress . * ie. those which i havn't worn this wk yet
{nthn worse than wearing smthn more than twice a wk . . repetitive outfit syndrome ?} :lol:
run straighteners through hair + serum
make up . . liquid liner * got this down to 10 secs for perfect liner :heart:
concealer. mascara . cheek stain . lipbalm & pile on the jewellery . .
find shoes . . wraps / scarves . . coat . bag + phone & out the door ! :magic:
* avoid heels if late & need to run for bus . . . . :lol:
catch some zzzzz on bus & arrive at skl . .
REFRESH my hair + do makeup which i didnt get time to apply . .
[ i have managed to get to skl w/eyeliner on only one eye . . :lol: ]

i often wonder wht i'd look like in the mornings if i woke up early & spent time getting ready !

Last edited by a moderator:
:wacko: Totally depends!

Is it 'wash my hair' day?
Is it 'shave my legs' day?
What's the 'message' as yiyi said? :smile:lol: love them, btw)
What errands does the day entail?

And I never plan my outfits the night before so that adds an entirely different variable!! Something I need to work on. Sometimes I'll visualize something the night before, but I can't always guarantee that it works out in reality :P

So...

- on a non-wash your hair, non-shave, 'I don't give a sh*t', no errand day - 30 minutes
- Conversely, on a wash your hair, shave, 'save the world', dress to impress errand running, my closet threw up while getting ready kind of day - 1 hour 30 minutes :ninja:

I pretty much know all the combos of clothes that work on me, so when it comes to choosing it takes very little time, showering and general grooming probably takes the longest at 10 mins, total, probably 15 mins

It takes me about 30 minutes to shower, wash my hair and change for work. If I decide to wear my contacts, that adds another 20 minutes so I can put some concealer on.

Dressing wise, I have been to lazy recently so been doing the same combination of clothes. If I do decide to wear something different, I tend to prepare the night before.

i'?m totally unpredictable. if i plan my outfit the nite before; and i'm very certain i like the outfit, then its 10 mins to change and wash up and another 10 mins to get to work with 2 mins for breakfast- usually a glass of OJ. i usually apply my makeup in the car. not an easy feat... while driving!
i have all my makeup in the glove compartment.
sometimes, i can';t decide which bag/shoes to wear, i'll bring 2 bags or 2 pairs of shoes and i'll chuck them in the car and decide later...

thanks for the link mm...
i merged...

:flower:

For school I take about an hour. I take a shower, shave, and get dressed. Luckly I have a uniform so I don't have to struggle to find what to wear. However on the days that I do not shave I would say about 40-45 minutes.

As for going out a good hour and a half. I like to take my time, shave properly and have all my clothes ironed and so on. However there is one thing about me that I am proud of. If someone says I have to meet them at a certain time, I'll be there. I always time manage in order that I get my preperation time for an hour and a half and travelling distance. I'm never late due to getting ready to go out.

yiyi said:
I'm taking the time to plan and enjoy putting an outfit together based on what message I want to send out for the day, sometimes the message is 'I dont give a sh*t', or 'I need love' or 'I'll here to solve world hunger' or ' the world is doomed' :wink: .

That's a great quote Yiyi! :heart: I completely identify.

My answer would be almost word-for-word the same as Curious'. To that I would add extra time if I discover wrinkles, runs or God forbid, stains and snags.

45 minutes, of wich 15 needed to wake up and get out of bed.
30 minutes on days I wake up easily.

anywhere-

about an hour total with hair, makeup, shower, shave and outfit- maybe more for a special occasion if I have to do something special to my hair- or if a little more makeup than usual.

nails/ toenails I get done once a week, same with hair color/trim touchups

hmmmm,,
university:it takes an hour or so..depending on what im gonna do next today after uni.
work:30 mins
somewhere special:2 3 hours!unless i have decided what am going to wear earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->