• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Getting ready before leaving the house ...

there was a time in my life that i planned every outfit the night before to save time in the morning...

it definitely does help save time if you at least have some idea of where you are going with the outfit...
but now i just usually have a general idea and leave some room for experimentation...
it usually means that i come up with a new combination i haven't thought of before...

*usually this is good...
but every once in a while i get 1/2 way through the day and look in the mirrror and go..."what was i thinking"...

:lol:..
like last week i wore this outfit that i loved...
but i wore textured tights...which i think i shouldn't have done...
:doh:...
just blk opaques or blk ribbed would have been enough....
if i was in my twenties the textured tights would have been cute...
but in my 30's it was overkill...

:rolleyes:...
:rofl:

1 not more than 20 minutes
2 depending on where I'm going, 30 minutes - 1 hour

1. before leaving for work...beside showering, getting dressed.. etc.... if its dance work, I really need a lot of time to prepare my self, because I need to prepare my body to be physically ready and also extra dance gear has to be packed to dance in(2 1/2 hour)...
If its drawing work I only need to pack some extra things like the gear I need for the drawings(1 hour)...

2. If I'm going out, I always end in the same situation where I can't decide between which outfits to wear, I really should plan ahead, but I can't... so I always have to begin hours before to prepare my self... I'm such a woman sometimes:wink: :lol: :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that I get ready total LAST minute.Maybe I just live for the thrill but usually my outfits are spot on when I don't plan. Maybe i'm weird though haha.

getting ready for uni takes like 20mins and has too since i always seem to lie in :rolleyes:

getting ready for a night out i can sometimes take half a day due to taking very long showers and dancing about half of the room most of the time with my music on loud!:P

exactly what im doing at the moment with bits of internet inbetween!

Elegance.Is.Refusal. said:
exactly what im doing at the moment with bits of internet inbetween!

:lol: :rofl: :clap: :innocent: me too... that is what makes the preparation fun:woot:
But right now I'm stuck in the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
If im going out i got through stages put on outfit i orginally planned to wear. Desided didnt like it ... change ... change ...do make up ..get upset and change again... make up ruined... take make up off ... reapply but so upset i normally spill some on me... so have to change outfit.
SO an hour and a half later i leave the house feeling arfull and looking a state.
Which is why i make no effort what so ever for college i have no time for that drama every morning :P

i_<3_chanel said:
i have my morning routine down to a fine art . . . .
frm waking up to leaving the house . . down to exactly 20 minutes . foolproof ! :lol:
my alarm is set for 1/2 hr before i need to get up . . . snooze button :heart:

* my thought process in the morning . . .
straight in the shower . . brush teeth / contacts
moisturiser & perfume . pick out clothes + dress . * ie. those which i havn't worn this wk yet
{nthn worse than wearing smthn more than twice a wk . . repetitive outfit syndrome ?} :lol:
run straighteners through hair + serum
make up . . liquid liner * got this down to 10 secs for perfect liner :heart:
concealer. mascara . cheek stain . lipbalm & pile on the jewellery . .
find shoes . . wraps / scarves . . coat . bag + phone & out the door ! :magic:
* avoid heels if late & need to run for bus . . . . :lol:
catch some zzzzz on bus & arrive at skl . .
REFRESH my hair + do makeup which i didnt get time to apply . .
[ i have managed to get to skl w/eyeliner on only one eye . . :lol: ]

i often wonder wht i'd look like in the mornings if i woke up early & spent time getting ready !
I think you deserve a medal, 20 minutes - amazing :king:

ultramarine said:
It depends ... if I'm going out, I may get a wardrobe crisis and change 3000 times and it may take like an hour and a half :wacko:

I do that, and almost always end up wearing the first thing I tried on : /
It takes me so long to get ready, about an hour, hour and a half.

1. 20minutes
2. i'm awake and all set from my 20minute morning routine, so an extra 5 minutes to just refresh myself and get dressed

School-usually 40 minutes. I have to shower, dry my hair, brush teeth, wash face, get dressed, get my stuff together and make sure I'm not forgetting anything, check the weather report at 6:59 to see if I need to change before I walk out the door at 7:06. If I shower the night before (which I'm forced to do quite a bit by my mom) I just get up at 6:45, get dressed, take care of teeth and face, and run out the door for fear of missing my bus. I almost never do my makeup before school-I usually end up doing it when I get there or during class if it's particularly boring that day-and not at all on Tuesdays. I go completely au naturel.

As for going out, it honestly depends. If I'm going to something where I have to dress up, then usually about the same amount of time, maybe even less.

Getting dressed quickly is a skill that I have not yet acquired. Right now I have my time down to 30 minutes to get ready for the university. Today I was sick and just throwing on a tank, a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie, jeans and boots, took about 30...so generally it has nothing to do with what I am wearing. The thing that takes the most time is usually make-up....I think the application process is fun so I only where it when I am about to go out somewhere besides à la fac...I never lay my clothes out the day before cuz I always like to practice dressing the way that I feel more it puts the cherry on individual style :D

1. before leaving for working, I don't need more than 15-30 Minutes. Depends on the Day. Sometimes Morning Shower but most of the time I take a shower before I go to bed and sleep longer in the morning, brush my teeth, put facial cream on my face, get dressed, brush my hair, do my make-up (not more than 5 minutes) and at last decide which accessoires to wear (jewellry, scarf etc.) ^_^

2. If I'm going out,I doesn't take so much longer. I really don't spend ages on getting ready. I guess it would take me 30 Min-1 hour. Never longer, but most of the time it's really not more than half an hour,I guess it just depends on where I'm going. :P

School(i wear suit,lol, so don't have to plan outfit)= ermmm, 7.25 get up, 7.30 shower, 7.40 out of shower brush teeth,moisturise etc. 7.45 dress. 7.50 do hair, it is quite short so it doesnt take too long!around 5-10 mins.
Overall=30-35 mins. For going out it is similar, yet 10-15 mins trying on/choosing outfit before shower etc.

college- 30 mins usualy, maybe 10 mins more or less, depends
out- hmm 1-2 hours they could be more though =>

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->