Julia Restoin-Roitfeld (March 2010 - July 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand an artist being sensitive and defensive over work which they have poured themselves into, but her arguments and attempt at rallying the masses are obnoxious as hell.

I especially like how she goes after the writer of the article, when that journalist was just doing her job and quoting people's opinions. Hypocritical much?

Am I confused or did she actually attempt to get one of the fashion editor fired?!
I didn't like the video because I found it pretentious, even for the genre of "fashion film", but I actually tought her post quoted in #917 was a funny tongue-in-cheek reaction to the criticisms. Reading her other posts it's clearly not and the movie is just like its director.

I watched this video awhile ago on iwanttobearoitfeld.com and I couldn't even sit through the entire thing :ninja:. And I absolutely adore Julia and have been a fan of hers for a very long time. So I think that in itself says alot.

I understand what a fashion film is and what its aim is and I'm sure most of our members do as well so I don't think it's an issue of us misunderstanding what the film is about.

At the end of the day Chrissy was right. Its just plain awful from the cinematography to the acting. And that can be put on the director herself.

have these been posted?

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_8291.JPG

IMG_8297.JPG

IMG_8294.JPG

Photos by Ioanna Tsivanidou

that givenchy bag is AMAZING. is it ponyskin? does anyone know the name of the bag?

Film Director Observes That Fashion People Can Be ‘Extremely Bitchy’

Fashion Copious via NY Mag

wow... seriously shocked over the comments on the story... :shock:
looks like she got half her friends to comment on the article and sh** on me :rolleyes:

i feel a little better seeing the comments on the nymag post though :innocent:
http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/04/film_director_observes_that_pe.html
http://fashioncopious.typepad.com/f...he-crush-starring-julia-restoin-roitfeld.html

Last edited by a moderator:
what a baby. dont put your stuff out their if you don't want it talked about.

Please delete if this is too o/t but I can't get over the directors other comment/s; 'I emailed the owner of the Fashion Spot already (who I know) to tell him he needs to employ some better journalists.'

Freedom of speech, anyone? The tone of her comments just blatantly say good reviews or nothing at all. Horrible attitude

Last edited by a moderator:
^ That's crazy! It never ceases to amaze me, adults who act like children and need praise every minute.

I don't remember if it was Oliver Stone or Martin Scorsese who was a teacher at the NYU film school and said to his students: "If you want to be a director, be prepared to be called an idiot." Clearly, this woman is not prepared to be a proper director and have her films out there. Even masterpieces get bad reviews. The way she reacts only shows immaturity and a vile personality. Now that her film is admitted to Cannes she will be even more up her a*s.

yeah i don't think i like the proportions of that outfit... but her face looks pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->