Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (March 2011 - June 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dauphine, they have been removing themselves from the celebrity world and angling themselves in the fashion industry. Even more when they talk to a magazine, its to talk about their line. Therefore I think it's appropriate they demand that the question center there.
Well, yeah. Naturally. :smile: I don't really expect Ashley to dish on her dating life. At all, they just repeat themselves a lot is my point I guess?

sorry that they are small, from startraks photo:

Mary Kate Olsen Getting into a SUV Outside of her Apartment, NY

E24718F435C9AA8D2094D6.jpg

8931E3E3CF59AA8D2094D6.jpg

1DB9B51E8599AA8D2094D6.jpg

more: http://www.startraksphoto.com/site/Gallery/Gallery.aspx?ev=9AA8D2094D6

Ashley Olsen Leaving her TriBeCa Hotel, NY

72B2E8759EDEF79EC4F6FA.jpg

747A17810C4EF79EC4F6FA.jpg

D298E4B2F95EF79EC4F6FA.jpg

E88CD41049EEF79EC4F6FA.jpg

more:http://www.startraksphoto.com/site/Gallery/Gallery.aspx?ev=EF79EC4F6FA

I haven't really been understanding Ashley's style for a while now. She has had some nice ones here and there, but for the most part, I don't get it. I don't know why I always gravitate more to MK. It's weird but for me, even if MK is in an outfit that I don't particularly like, there is something about her that she still owns it and pulls it off.

And I never understood the whole idea that Ashley has been dressing the way she has for a while because she wanted to be taken seriously as a fashion designer and not so much as celebrities. Wouldn't you want to dress better:blink:

from popsugar:

Posted June 2, 2011 12:01 pm by Lindsay Miller
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were both out and about in the Big Apple today. Mary-Kate juggled a phone call, her purse, and an extra-large water bottle as she hopped into a waiting SUV this morning, while Ashley made a stylish exit from a hotel in sunglasses and a summery maxi skirt and flatforms. Ashley was solo as she headed out, and while recent rumors linked her to Justin Timberlake, his rep has made it clear that JT and Ashley are just friends. Ashley split from actor Justin Bartha earlier this year and recently told Style.com that these days, she prefers to keep her social circle small but diverse. As the Olsens point out in that interview, most of their time is devoted to growing their fashion empire, which includes The Row, Elizabeth and James, and their soon-to-launch ecommerce site StyleMint. Their collections have been such a success that Newsweek recently called the duo "America's next billionaires."
Mary-Kate-Olsen-Ashley-Olsen-Out-NYC.jpg

BlueberryMansion:

It's just my theory...but I have the feeling they are trying to look more edgy, at the same time understated, as if they don't care about make up/hair and aren't part of hollywood actresses who start their own fashion line.

Especially Ashley I think is trying very hard to come along as a real designer, as hard working, creative and "unique" and tries to set herself apart from other girls her age.

This is just my theory though...

I think it's a pity, because Ashley always had a natural sense of chicness and understatement. I feel like it was lost when they started to try to get rid off the "hollywood twins" thing.

@BonjourTristesse, completely agree they used to be so inspirational I guess now since they are really focused on establishing their fashion labels they don't want to seem to be playing it up for the paps and the mass public with their clothing choices.

I feel like they could still be different, understated, edgy and serious without the baggy grandma clothes. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love baggy grandma clothes, but these are too baggy and look silly. They drown them, because they're so tiny too. A lot of the time they look like they're in mourning - I think most times, it no longer looks 'fashion', but it just looks bad. :-(

to me, style wise this is where ashley is at right now. i find that with her shes more consistent with what her style is and sticks with it for awhile before changing over. mk on the other hand is more creative with her style and changes more often.

I agree on the baggy thing. I adore baggier jeans with a smaller, fitted top... It's very chic. But I find that the twins kind of lost their sense of "what suits me personally" - Their clothes might look great on someone who is 5'9. But it totally overwhelms their tiny frame. They looked alot chicer and even taller a few years ago. They really knew how to accentuate their features, now I find that they fail hopelessly in doing that.

What tends to bug me in this thread is that many tFSers over-analyze their style or their approach to fashion. They've always stated they wear what they want to wear. PERIOD. I don't get why wearing oversized clothes/pieces of fabric would be a synonymous of trying too hard. They wear what they feel good in and that's it. What makes me love them is that they're unique. They don't care what people will think of them (fashion-wise at least), even if they are aware they can set trends.

Once again, I love them for their uniqueness. I hope they never change and never fit that mould all those lame-*** celebs fit in.

^I don't think them wearing oversized clothes is too try-hard, I just think it looks bad. Whether or not they care about how it looks, I can still see it and what I said above is how i think that look looks.

Attachments

• Filename0001.jpg
    Filename0001.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Filename0001 (1).jpg
    Filename0001 (1).jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 53
I'm totally for ashley's style at the moment: she's more consistent and is wearing classic pieces with a touch of uniqueness. I have always prefered her more classical looks over mk's funkier and crazier style.

MK---> Homeless chic
Ash---> Granny chic

but thank God, at least they still have cute face.

i always used to think MK was the one who had the strange bf's...but i was flipping through some pics of ash...and it turns out her boyfriend's seem to emanate so much more awkwardness hahah...i dunno, she looks so good in all the pics...but both justin and that greg (?) guy...like, so randon

Aha nooo justins adorable :P I agree with you on the other guy though he's a little random

Aha nooo justins adorable :P I agree with you on the other guy though he's a little random

haha yea he is adorable...i think that one dancing pic just caught them in the wrong moment. i wonder if the twins have muses for their style choices...like if their boyfriends have played a significant role in how they dress?!? b/c you know how painters (usually men) have a torrid love affair with some gorgeous exotic woman...then they paint the masterpiece of their careers. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->