MET Costume Institute Gala 2024 : Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion

SAyfSJc.jpeg

Pamela Anderson looks so lovely! I love the bed hair.

YyfcdMl.jpeg

Barry Keoghan - the hat in hand just makes him look like Wonka

This is probably one of the worst MET galas ever hahaha, they are all look grotesque. Ofc only Anna matters so kudos to Loewe for pulling that look. Maybe she is cooking something new for JW Anderson ? Quite a snub for Chanel giving that VV’s shows do put people to sleep…

Stella McCartney, Ed Sheeran, and Cara Delevingne with Twigs:

Well that was... very underwhelming. I'm surprised because the theme was really easy and yet... This event really has become a snooze fest, especially over the past few years.

The Loewe celebs were my favorite of the night, they all looked like they were having fun.
Still need to digest Zendaya's look. She has the charisma to carry it but the color combo felt very Christmas-decoration-in-your-grandmas-attic. Nowhere near as exciting as Law Roach tried to pretend it would be.

Side note but I miss seeing the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to these things. Good ole days...

Cardi B:

Sabrina Carpenter:

Adwoa Aboah… who is pregnant:

Taraji P. Henson:

so i'm guessing tanya's sarabande look is part of the exhibit? really dumb how nobody thought to use those really early, raw mcqueen looks, even if they had to just recreate them. the live worms under the PVC breastplate! the lobster clam shell dress! ffs i'm so aggravated by the state of fashion right now

I was kind of hoping to see Bella Hadid and Anya Taylor Joy.

Wonder how many people turn this down every year, apparently it's a thing (I was looking at the list of people who've never attended and it's long... Angelina Jolie among them).

Ed Sheeran with a pocker face, like he is thinking "WTF am I doing here??"

More than anything I'm SO excited to see this in retrospect against the rest of time. Decade by decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->