MET Costume Institute Gala 2024 : Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion

just saw a pic of ariana wearing one of the margiela merkin looks for her performance... please can we let that show rest forever i'm deadly serious
*Crosses fingers for video of backup dancers choreographed to match the ~ambience of the Margiela show*

the looks they opted for are certainly not what i would have chosen (although the original dior look from the surrealist collection is stunning, and one of my favourite creations at the house), but the coverage does prove that he is fashion culture. he has and always has had his fingers on the pulse of the industry, for better or for worse (except for the dior borehouse years).

Everyone living their Margiela Artisinal fantasy. They didn't even care about the theme, just told their stylists "get me one of those dresses, im in the mood to walk like a drunk seahorse"

Surprise no one tried to redo the make uo, its the most garden of time in that collection.

Glad only 1 chose mcgirrs mcqueen and the others went with Burtons.

I might be the only one here but I honestly enjoyed the carpet this year more than a few previous years, this time around people were not stuck up. They came to have fun and adhered to the theme. The set is stunning too, looks like a 2000s Vogue editorial backdrop.

I'm personally ecstatic with the number of Galliano looks. The good and the bad. It only emphasizes how potent his work is. His return has reminded everyone what the industry had lost.
^ this should be our official narrative.

All I see are Johns many children.

out of all the recent mets these looks are across the board some of the nicest imo--- i like the theme bc theres lots of wiggle room, is it fairytale? is it vintage/archival? is it sleeping related? is it just old timey? --- the chloe looks feel very on theme even tho its just what she showed on the runway really as do like the messy hair looks, pamela anderson surprised me i loved how she looked, kim k got her hair/mua really correct for once and the dress of course is beautiful -- the only look that i hate is JLOs bc i feel like we need a ban on nude illusion mermaid dresses with beading and sequins like please come on, no more, nooo more, and with slick hair and her same old old old makeup STOP

so many givenchy by mcqueen... Is Burton slightly pushing for these to set up her "too mcqueen" Givenchy? let me live in my delusion for a while

so many givenchy by mcqueen... Is Burton slightly pushing for these to set up her "too mcqueen" Givenchy? let me live in my delusion for a while
these clothes are very much in the givenchy archive so unfortunately she would have no control over them or influence over their clients... unless she is the creative director and was secretly appointed a while ago... :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am061890
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->