Most influential movie on fashion?

ahh, propz to those who went with blow-up and modesty blaise, two of my favorites. i'm not sure how influential they were but jacques demy's two french new wave musicals "the umbrellas of cherbourg" and "young girls of rochefort" are two of the most stylish movies ever made in my opinion.

but yeah basically the french new wave in general has had a huge influence on fashion for the past 40+ years. it's amazing.

just to name a few of my favorite classics^_^ :heart:

To Catch a Thief
How To Marry a Millionaire
Rear Window
Dial M for Murder
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Funny Face
How To Steal a Million
Charade
Sabrina
Singin' in the Rain
GiGi

I'd have to add Alfie.

Both the original and the remake.

i have to agree on Flashdance, Grease, Clueless and Romy & Michelle.
I'm trying to think of more recent fashion...and I can't really think of any movies, but in terms of TV as much as I hate to admit it the O.C. does come to mind as a fashion influencer.

lady_dilandau said:
Titanic
Remember the "Rose" dress that everyone copied?

Grease
The transformation of prep/bad girl gets a lot of coverage

The "Rose" dress?

Barbarella? I love that late 60's shagariffic movie as well, but as far as it influencing style, I don't know.... :smile:

Maybe influencing Madonna's funnel-like bras... :smile: :smile:

Ianastar said:
I'd have to add Alfie.

I do agree with the original but how did the new one have any influence, except maybe making people buy their suits one size too small?

Tushka_BeLLa said:
The "Rose" dress?

I can't remember a certain dress, either, but I think she might mean the necklace that inspired a bunch of tacky drugstore knockoffs.

Mine have already been said, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Rear Window.

baroquelike said:
Has anyone said The Royal Tenenbaums? Margot Tenenbaum's ensembles are the stuff of my J.D Salinger dreams.
Franny and Zooey :wub: i had a Margot Tenenbeaum phase once upon a time ago. i love how Richie and Margot's clothes subtley complimented/reflected each other.

Ianastar said:
I'd have to add Alfie.

Alfie!!!!!!yessssss. The well tailored look, well cut suits etc. yes yes yes. Oh and skinny ties i think featured in jude law one.

jpolla said:
Alfie!!!!!!yessssss. The well tailored look, well cut suits etc. yes yes yes. Oh and skinny ties i think featured in jude law one.

Yeah...I think definitely the cut and the ties...............were what made it some what of an influence on fashion in the real world.

Also the long, skinny scarve look.

Good choices Fuuma! Movies that inspired me:

Rebel Without A Cause (I know, how original)
The Wild One
Blow-Up
A Summer Place
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Bullit ( Desert Boots!)
Cool Hand Luke
Juice ( 90's Hip-Hop)
Beatstreet (B-Boy style)

Great thread!

Pulp fiction for the way that Uma Thurman simply wears that white shirt with a sharp black bob and still looks really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wigsforu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->