Most influential movie on fashion?

Fellini's 8 1/2 blazes new trails in director chic.^_^

otto_gr.jpg

The yet to be equalled robot chic of Fritz Lang's Metropolis.:woot:

metropolis_001.jpg

Lol

LOL w/ the Lang...nevertheless a Classic in its own right--- and the frock on the clone was pretty awesome!

I think that Breakfast at Tiffany's was a huge influence. Here with the big sunglasses.
cover-dscn4576.jpg

Gone With the Wind, Scarlett's dress from a curtain? New ways to look at found material.

The Seven Year Itch
The white halter dress, of course! So many celebrities have tried to emmulate Marilyn in that dress... Madonna, Scarlett Johannsen, Gwen Stefani, Courtney Love.

Beetlejuice
Winona's gothic look.

Chicago
I remember the flapper look came back for awhile after this came out.

Plus a bunch more that have already been mentioned... Breakfast at Tiffanys, Roman Holiday, Dirty Dancing, Romy and Michelle, Almost Famous, Desperately Seeking Susan.

Definitely Uma Thurman's psycho-girl bob in Pulp Fiction. I got that haircut myself (and still have it, for that matter :lol:--same blunt bangs, but I grew the rest of my hair out longer). I also had something similar to Audrey Tautou's cut in Amelie.

Might I add Lost in Translation? I personally don't think of it as AMAZING, though I think a lot of people right now are definitely are inspired by the whole stylish, simple, cool Sofia Coppola-aspect of it. It kind of goes hand-in-hand with her whole "cool" lifestyle, if you know what I mean.

What's funny is that no one (I think) mentioned The Devil Wears Prada... The so-called fashion movie of the season.

Almost Famous, Reality Bites and anything by Jean Luc Godard:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Singles?

singles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the thread is about movies but I think we need to do an exception and mention one tv-series that kind of blows away everything else mentioned so far when it comes to pure influence. I'm talking about, wait for it...

Miami Vice

In retrospective it might be easy to diss it, but no-one can deny the influenced it had on fashion and pop culture.

I don't know if they have already been listed but
Laura Mars
Breakfast at Tiffany (and a lot of Hebpurn movie)
Marlene Dietrich's movies and tons of 30s 40s 50s movies...
OMG so many movies!

Funny Face
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Pretty Woman
Pearl Harbor(2001)*
The Aviator*
King Kong(2005)* I just love the 20's/30's look!

Grease.
Breakfast at Tiffan'ys.

Can I say SATC? Even though its a television show... but remember those Fendi bags and Manolos? Although its amazing that a weekly-columnist can afford all of that! :P And that "CARRIE" shirt from Heatherette?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->