Movies That Have Made You Cry

The Lovely Bones (right when she kisses him... tears came pouring)
The Changeling
The Help
Never Let Me Go
Tears of the Sun
(I was young and when the woman got shot trying to run to her family, I couldn't take it)
My Sister's Keeper
Never Been Kissed
Carrie
:smile:lol: the first time, but now I just laugh)

I am such a tear jerker, i was watching titanic in bed in the afternoon a couple of months ago with the curtains closed, crying my eyes out ha! And before hand i was like "oh this is fine, why on earth do people find this so emotional!". And then when kate is going "jack.....jack", i was like oh no.........

Also, does anyone else ever have the issue of not wanting to watch a movie (even if it has good reviews) because you just know it's going to be sad? Or is that just me?

I feel that way about lots of WWII movies. I only watched Schindler's List and Life is Beautiful for the first time this year, I kept avoiding them.

Oh and not too long ago I watched Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey, which is about Kevin Clash who is the puppeteer for Elmo, and I thought it was so touching. I was definitely crying by the end. Normally I roll my eyes at "inspirational" documentaries, but I actually thought that this one was quite inspirational!

Last edited by a moderator:
War Horse Oh my god I cried like, three separate times

A Single Man

Fly Away Home Again, like numerous times throughout

I last cried with Chocolate: The Bitter Truth. It's a documentary about the industry of chocolate and how it's pretty much sustained on child labor (enjoy your chocolate!). You get into this 'receiving information' mode and don't expect a truly emotional spin in the whole documentary so when it happens.. it's.. :cry:.. I couldn't stop crying. It's basically a scene where the reporter takes a chocolate bar from his pocket and offers it to a girl in the cocoa fields and she's biting it and smiling like 'whoa what is this and why is it so good?'.. I was stupid enough not to realise these kids don't even know what chocolate is.. and the fact that she's smiling is just heartbreaking. :cry:

Every Susanne Bier movie makes me cry too.

So far the movies I've cried the most with have been A Better Life and Hachi. I don't think I could watch them again.

Never understood why people cry with The Notebook.. like in what part? :ninja:

War Horse Oh my god I cried like, three separate times

A Single Man

Fly Away Home Again, like numerous times throughout

I cried during all three of these movies as well. But when I was younger Fly Away Home made me cry so much. Every single time I watched it. Which is probably why I've avoided it for a few years now! :lol: Also, I'm pleased to know that I'm not the only one who avoids movies when I know they are sad, I've always felt a bit weird because I tend to do this.

I am such a tear jerker, i was watching titanic in bed in the afternoon a couple of months ago with the curtains closed, crying my eyes out ha! And before hand i was like "oh this is fine, why on earth do people find this so emotional!". And then when kate is going "jack.....jack", i was like oh no.........

Ha, I remember when I first watched it. I was like 11 or 12 years old, and all went fine until old Rose dropped the necklace, or whatever that was, in the water. It's the very ending. I cried really badly then. She was just so cute-granny-looking. :lol: Today I have some trouble sitting through the movie, though.

By the end of Goodbye, Mr. Chips I had to pause the DVD to wash my face. I couldn't see anything anymore. More or like the same with both versions of Imitation of Life and a short called Couro de gato. More recently, had some tough time with The Secret Life of Words — gladly I was alone in the theater. :lol:

I feel like i cry in so many movies, here are the ones I can remember :lol:

Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 2
The Kite Runner
Never Let Me Go
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The Hunger Games (Rue's Death)
Toy Story 3
Grave of the Fireflies (this one is bad, i can't stop the tears once they come :lol:)

I really want to see War Horse, I know I will probably get emotional in it as well. I never liked Titanic, I watched it once and just never got into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, does anyone else ever have the issue of not wanting to watch a movie (even if it has good reviews) because you just know it's going to be sad? Or is that just me?

I'm like this with War Horse! Heard so much about it but i just can't watch it, or any movie that involves animals. Marley & Me was the death of me and i haven't watched any animal movies since. :blush:

I'm like this with War Horse! Heard so much about it but i just can't watch it, or any movie that involves animals. Marley & Me was the death of me and i haven't watched any animal movies since. :blush:

Ugh...animal movie's are the worst! I almost always end up in a big sobbing puddle by the credits. Why can't they ever make films about animals that aren't sad? I don't think I've ever forgiven my English teacher for showing Where The Red Fern Grows or Old Yeller in class. It was so awful. And I remember being on a flight when I was younger and they were showing My Dog Skip. I hadn't seen it in a while and didn't think watching it would bother me. I was so wrong, my mom had to tell me to stop crying because it was too much. :lol:

^ Disney animal ones are like a punch in the gut, they basically traumatised my childhood. I'm still convinced the person that came up with All Dogs Go to Heaven has psychological problems. :innocent:

Never Let Me Go. They were born to die and in the end, Carey's expression was just tragic. Also, Andrew Garfield's desperate cry was brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vittoooooo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->