Books that have made you cry

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom... I'm so surprised nobody had mentioned this yet. It's a true story of Mitch's conversations, every tuesday, with his old college professor. They discuss life lessons and beautiful things. It's amazing... I bought a copy for my English teacher and got him hooked too.

-G.

Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marriler
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

These two are the only ones that makes me cry.

stargirl52 - i mentioned it and i thought like you it was amazing. have you seen the film? its quite good made me cry too :(

Oh, I didn't even know there was a film! I'll have a look for it next time I'm at the video shop.

-G.

The Diary of a Young Girl at th end cuz it made me think of how many ppl suffered at WW2 I cried like for half an hour, also Chinese Cinderella, that's such a touchy book - I reccomend to everyone.

^me too!!!!!!!!!
atm i am reading sophie's choice and i have a feeling that this is gonna be a tear jerker!

I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb and My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

Charlotte's Web for sure!
and My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Goodnight Mr.Tom
Charlottes Web
I think Black Beauty may have made me cry...
this was all when I was 12 or younger, I can't think of any books that have made me cry since, although I'm sure there's been some...

shoe_addict said:
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marriler
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

These two are the only ones that makes me cry.
I loved Daughter of the Forest. Did you read the other books in the trilogy?

^ oh me too! I read it a few years ago, it's such a beautiful book :heart:

I can't remember that many right now, but I did cry after reading Harry Potter 5 & 6 and I can already predict I will bawl for weeks after the last book comes out because it will be over :cry:

I think I cried while reading Sire Gaby du Lac, not sure though. There must have been others... I'll come back when I remember :rolleyes:

not much for tears,
but a book that really got to me when i was a child is
Pable Coelho - The Alchemist
now i just seem to read and just move on.

Of Mice And Men - John Steinback
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling
Where The Red Fern Grows made me cry when I was younger, too, this thread completely reminded me. :cry:

Where the Red Fern Grows- Wow..we read that in 5th grade and the whole class was crying

A Child Called It - I absolutely recommend this book..so heartwrenching

Harry Potter 5 - God, I'm grateful I wasn't the only one! lol

i shed buckets of tears when reading tuesdays with morrie....i also cried reading the 5 people you meet in heaven by the same author

Native Son by Richard Wright

Black Beauty (I was obsessed with horses as a kid)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->