The Books That Changed Your Life

^^ :lol: :lol: Good luck with that! :flower:

Since we're discussing... has anyone read any good books on ethics?

^^ :lol: :lol: Good luck with that! :flower:

Since we're discussing... has anyone read any good books on ethics?

I think the Bible's pretty good on ethics ... of course there are lots of people in it behaving unethically, but the principles are all there for the gathering :wink: I'm pretty sure that's where I got mine from ...

Of Love and other Demons by Marquez

Last edited by a moderator:
The Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. For so many reasons and
The Alchemist by Paulo Coleho because no one is ever too old for stories about the beauty of life.

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Today I have such a different opinion about waiting and love.

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Today I have such a different opinion about waiting and love.

If you liked that book (which is fantastic--truly something new in a novel), you might also be interested in Only Love is Real by Brian Weiss. Non-fiction and absolutely fascinating.

^thanks for the suggestion!:flower:
I was looking for a nice book! I just got as a birthday gift a gift-card from a book store and I had no idea wich book to get! ^_^

a tree grows in brooklyn by betty smith.

The Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. For so many reasons and
The Alchemist by Paulo Coleho because no one is ever too old for stories about the beauty of life.
i've had a very intense love-hate relationship with that book:shock:
it's an amazing piece of literature, so many levels to it

i would also recommend La Jongleuse (or The Juggler) by Rachilde, the "Madame Baudelaire" (la jongleuse isn't poetry however, but it's very decadent)

i'm a bit of an english-freak:blush:

anything by paulo coleho....
read just one of his books and you will be hooked.

ive been wanting to go go rio de janeiro since im so close [in buenos aires] at the moment and check to see if hes making any apperences or doing any readings anywhere....oh that would be fantastic for me.

a guy who was once a special person in my life at one point got me on his books, and ive been on them since.

^oOoOo. I'm reading his "The Alchemist" right now.

Anyone can recommend a good "finding yourself" book?

anything by paulo coleho....
read just one of his books and you will be hooked.

ive been wanting to go go rio de janeiro since im so close [in buenos aires] at the moment and check to see if hes making any apperences or doing any readings anywhere....oh that would be fantastic for me.

a guy who was once a special person in my life at one point got me on his books, and ive been on them since.
I try and keep copies of The Alchemist around to give to people I meet who I think need to read it. It's a much better way to get someone to read a book if you give it to them instead of just recomending it to them. I've lost count of how many copies have passed through my hands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->