The Books That Changed Your Life

Jennifer Egan's - Look At Me...

absolutely changed my perspective on human interaction and the juxtaposition of personal and societal appearences.

I really enjoyed reading Judy Blume books when I was younger. I think they taught me alot about friendship and how there are alot of people who think and worry about the things that you do. :blush:

The big that had the biggest effect on me since then has definetly been The Lovely Bones. I think it just made me look at life in a different way, not to worry about petty things and to appreciate what I have. It's such a tragic story, but I thought it did a great job at getting a message accross.

I think that The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger has shown me that people can have too sides. They can be sweet one second and dark the next.

Also, I would say... The Cider House Rules by John Irving really made me think about children's rights, adoption, abortion and other important, ethical issues like those.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ i concur with you. The Catcher in the Rye is definitely a good read. How innocence can be real and soothing.

Another book has an impact on me would be 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho.

'Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.'

412eSm-0qCL._SS500_.jpg

'One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.'

'I don't live in either my past or my future. I'm interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you'll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we're living now.'

I could never quote enough~

edit: amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a book, but there was this one story that was floating around the internet...I read it when I was in 4th grade or something, and it made me CRY.
Seriously, I don't usually cry by reading that much, but I cried and it totally changed the way I saw love and friendship, and I tried to remember how I felt BEFORE I read the story, but I couldn't because it shed a whole new light and I couldn't help but see things in a different point of view..

Man & Boy by Tony Parsons.
The only time a book has perfectly illustrated how much a man can love his son.

sounds silly, but one of them was The Devil Wears Prada. After reading it my adventure with fashion began

it may sound sound silly but my favorite book ever is Little women.
I could read it again and again

Right now, I think that the most amazing book is...

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

It's just impossibly flawless in writing and I felt like I've learnt a lifetime reading that. It deals with racism, heart, accusations, prejudice, r*pe... the narrator's voice is provocative and controversial. :wink: It just changed my perspective of everything.

I think that Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult was quite a haunting, yet beautiful story about how far a mother would go for her own son. :flower: I would definitely recommend it.

The Little Prince by Antoine Saint-Exupery... it just makes everything that's important crystal clear.

The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman.
Everyone should read it.

Reading Lolita in Tehran. Its so incredibly touching and writting well. The writing just flows together. It makes you appreciate the little things in life, like wearing pink socks, walking alongside friends, speak your views, and enjoy literature without the government watching every step you take. Truly touching. :flower:

The other one is The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil. Simply amazing. So much history packed into it which explores the psychology of evil Some truly sad stories about war. Makes you appreciate what you have. :cry:

Couple enlightening things I've read recently ...

Brian Weiss' Many Lives, Many Masters and Kathy Freston's The One. More pieces of the "how life works" puzzle ...

A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby has always reminded me that nothing sucks that badly, and brought new resonance to the cliche of "time heals all." I'm kind of obsessed with this book. And Jane Eyre made me really question the qualities of what a good person (particularly a lover) is. And if it weren't for Harry Potter, my best friend and I never would have started talking, and I would probably be crazy and insufferably neurotic.

Reading Lolita in Tehran. Its so incredibly touching and writting well. The writing just flows together. It makes you appreciate the little things in life, like wearing pink socks, walking alongside friends, speak your views, and enjoy literature without the government watching every step you take. Truly touching. :flower:
That was a great book, in terms of structure and storyline. It was so scary and was a great, haunting book. :flower:
Really stuck on my mind... I just might read it again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->