Prince Charles to Marry Camilla

Some please tell me this is a joke. There is no bigger insult to Diana's memory than this! :angry: No way is that woman even FIT to be anything close to Princess Consort. She's nothing but an aristocratic tramp. Princess Di must be turning over in her grave.

model_mom said:
In the 1930's King Edward was forced to abdicate the throne because he wanted to marry the divorced Wallace Simpson. Prince Charles has had a field day with his affair with Camilla before during and after his marriage to Diana and now he expects his country to celebrate his upcoming marriage to the women. I agree that it would be better for the country if he stepped aside in favor of his eldest son.

I'm not sure william would agree, nor do I think he is in any way mature enough to take on the pressure of becoming first in line to the throne...but thats a completely different issue. I really don't think it would be better for the country... as far as taking on an active role, charles is better equipped and prepared to do so. not condoning what he's done in his personal life, I do think he actually would step into the role of king and make himself as useful as anyone forced to be part of an outdated monarchy could do. I think charles' impending kingship and his relationship with camilla should be kept as separate as possible given the circumstances. since charles won't ever voluntarily abdicate, people are just going to have to get used to camilla being in the background...a place I think she's pretty happy to stay in.

fab_fifties_fille said:
to be fair helena i did see an explanation for prince andrews spending on transport...and alot of it was to do with time...if he did take a normal plane to places it would take up time and he wouldnt get where he needed to be on time etc ( i think this is alright in cases of royal duties, however i didnt like that it had been used for him to go golfing somewhere, thats totally uneccessary)

I do in whole, feel the royals are just a large over budgeted-for tourist attraction. I dont think Charles should ever be king, i think it should go directly to Will, i think he'll be a fair king that people will have respect for

FFF - but why would andrew even be justified in taking a private jet for royal duties - often royal duties are to simply 'attend' various events & meet people at them - and a number of these are actually for charities. His schedule is booked up months in advance so how could he possibly not have time - he doesn't even 'work' every day.... I think its unjustified in all circumstances.

I am not sure that being a 'fair' king has any relevance in this day and age when the king has not power as such - in what circumstance could he be either fair or unfair......

I agree with model mom - Charles would have certainly have gone up in my estimation had he abdicated like his uncle. It would then have been clear that his love was greater than his desire to be King.

helena said:
we should be getting rid off the wole friggin lot of these spongers. They cost this country plenty & what exactly do they do for the exorbitant sums they get paid.

Prince Andrew takes helicopters & private jets everywhere - that is disgusting!!!!!!! what is the justification - because he doesn't want to get on a plane with commoners.

I disagree that they have any actual power - they have none - the Queen is notionally head of state but she has zero power.

(Mike - I think one of the reasons why he wasn't allowed to marry Camilla in the fisrt place was because Camilla is catholic - long historic reason for this being so dating back to that fat old pig Henry VIII)

Totally agreed !

( Camilla may have become RC to marry Andrew Parker Bowles , who is of an old catholic family . )

Don't forget that Camilla is the grandaughter of one of the many many mistresses of Edward V11 , Alice Keppel , I think . It wasn't Lily Langtry , she was another .

Get rid of the lot of them , I say .:angry:

Like , yah , right . :yuk:

to be bluntly honest i dont care if prince charles marries i dont particulary like either of them. just please dont let charles become king because if dont think that he is the brightest out of the royal family. and he has said some pretty daft things. although i dont think will would make a good king being so young but i think he would be more just and fair being like his mother in nature.

actually why dont we scarp the whole monarchy they just take up the countries money and live the high life!:angry: i feel like we're the only country living in the dark ages because we still have a monarchy. the most that the monarchy is a tourist attraction and tabloid news about petty things that they have done.

ok sorry rant over!

cowboyboots said:
to be bluntly honest i dont care if prince charles marries i dont particulary like either of them. just please dont let charles become king because if dont think that he is the brightest out of the royal family. and he has said some pretty daft things. although i dont think will would make a good king being so young but i think he would be more just and fair being like his mother in nature.

actually why dont we scarp the whole monarchy they just take up the countries money and live the high life!:angry: i feel like we're the only country living in the dark ages because we still have a monarchy. the most that the monarchy is a tourist attraction and tabloid news about petty things that they have done.

ok sorry rant over!

DO NOT apologise , just vote for a republic when you get the chance . :wink:

cowboyboots said:
i cant vote yet!:cry: well until sunday when i turn 18 yay!:woot:

Congrats ! :flower:

You're just round the corner from Prince of Cats , aren't you ? :wink:

BE CAREFUL !!!:lol:

kit said:
Congrats ! :flower:

You're just round the corner from Prince of Cats , aren't you ? :wink:

BE CAREFUL !!!:lol:

not sure about round the corner but yeah the same city! and also go to the same 6th form!

why should i be careful?:unsure:

cowboyboots said:
not sure about round the corner but yeah the same city! and also go to the same 6th form!

why should i be careful?:unsure:

:innocent:

Totally staunch royalist here. Or not. I kinda like them. Not in principle but they make the place look tidy. However, by the time I pay taxes I want ROBES, I want CROWNS and I want COACHES...I want my money's worth out of these feudal dinosaurs. People don't pay to see fossilised limpets in the natural history museum - they pay to see something IMPRESSIVE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shameless woman...she hasn't even got married yet and already has the crown on her head ! :innocent:

camilla0gc.jpg

why is everyone getting so damn angry at camilla, calling her "shameless" and a "tramp"....get angry at charles....he was the one who cheated on his wife...camilla has no moral obligation to protect their marriage, but he did.

also, whats the big freakin deal about whether or not charles will be king...the monarchy has no political power whatsoever...its no big deal

why is everyone getting so damn angry at camilla, calling her "shameless" and a "tramp"....get angry at charles....he was the one who cheated on his wife...camilla has no moral obligation to protect their marriage, but he did.

also, whats the big freakin deal about whether or not charles will be king...the monarchy has no political power whatsoever...its no big deal

I just think it is a COMPLETE insult to Diana's memory.

PrinceOfCats said:
Totally staunch royalist here. Or not. I kinda like them. Not in principle but they make the place look tidy. However, by the time I pay taxes I want ROBES, I want CROWNS and I want COACHES...I want my money's worth out of these feudal dinosaurs. People don't pay to see fossilised limpets in the natural history museum - they pay to see something IMPRESSIVE.
that comment just made my day, thankyou Prince ^_^ :flower:

OlgaKorbut said:
They should've married the first time around and left Diana out of it.

Absolutely. They've been going together since like 1973. I have long thought Charles was hard done by being roped into marrying Diana, with whom he apparently had little in common and little chemistry.

I remember seeing a very charming photo of Charles & Camilla from the 1970s, where they'd put their initials on a tree in a heart-shape, and they were holding hands, and they looked so incredibly comfortable and happy together.

The man should get some joy in his life, and if it comes from being married to the woman he's been interested in for some three decades, then more power to him, I think. It's got to be a great relief to her, too, to finally be able to legitamately enjoy her relationship with the Prince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alintus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->